Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussion on the tournament standard Pts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

Discussion on the tournament standard Pts Empty
PostSubject: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:11 am

Hey ya community.

This is a discussion on setting up of the tournament standard Pts.

In the book there is a section on army sizes for different types of play. For their tournament standard they suggest 300-400 pts (dont have the book with me now but i think thats the points they suggest) but its on a smaller table size.

My proposal is to make it 450pts so that it is inline to the recommended table size of 6X4. Which is in between their tournament standard and a large size army category. Roughly that is about 2-3 platoon big.

This will give you some flexibility and variation to the armies that will be field by all the players, 3 platoons will give you 3 HQ, 12 squads, 6-8 support (depending on your platoon options)

Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4884

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:18 pm

It's suggested 201 to 400 AP for a tournament engagement game (6x4)
400 AP and above would be a "battalion engagement" played on 4x8 table.

The 300 AP mark is sufficient to adequately fill up 2 platoons.
But I would also say maximum 450 APs for an average game since anything more will encourage duplication rather than diversity.

Edit: After some deliberation, 300 AP should be regarded as the optimum level to play as I had taken into account cost ($) to get 450 AP.

Though I guess I should recommend that for those that is starting, Get the revised core set or original core set, it saves a ton.
Back to top Go down
asco

Honor Points : 4369

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:18 pm

i think 450 is good. in fact any point between 350-450 looks okay as it'll enable the fielding of different types of unit.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4928

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:37 am

Hey Iz...how is it going?

I have gone through the rule book and the points for the units and I feel that 350points are perfect for beginners.
I will be basing my army according to this points. Ordered my revised box already and will build my army from there.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4884

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:59 am

I still think it should 300-350 points. The battle reports springing up are at those points and they ain't complaining the games are too small.

I would believe that because it's faster and simpler to deal with at the point range.
In any case I will have to play 300 points before confirming 450 points should be the average point range.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:53 am

Yes...I agree.
The base cost if a small unit is about 30-40 points only. 6 units with 3 light to heavy walkers should be perfect for an evening game.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

true dat.

hey doc how is your rule testing going?
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Still going through the rules but no time for test play yet.

WIP right now is a Venom and weekly games at the Gamesforge in Penang is keeping me distracted.

Will update you guys on the progress soon.
Back to top Go down
Faizal
Recruit
Recruit
Faizal

Honor Points : 4497

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 am

Do update us on the play testing dude..am really keen on how the game works..I haven't play single game as of yet, guess I'll be home soon and catch a game or two with u..
Back to top Go down
http://slaaneshprince.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the tournament standard Pts   Discussion on the tournament standard Pts Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion on the tournament standard Pts
Page 1 of 1