Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let me get this right...

Go down 
+8
Dr-DOOOM!!!
LordAK
dann.toh
cookie_yip
Vuel
CikguDin
AznJake
Paxter
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
lexiss

Honor Points : 4440

Let me get this right... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 am

Pax: Fleet only let you reroll RUN roll, or reroll your charging roll. Once you run, you cant charge. And yes, once you charge using your jumppack, you can reroll your charge roll, as per the new ruling.

Azlan: It applies to every army. It's listed in the shooting phase, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:35 am

Cool - heavy bolters for all my IG squads then! That's 6 more HB ... sweet
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 am

Quote :
does that mean when i charge using jump packs its 2d6 +2 rerolls? one for fleet one for charging??
Units with fleet dont bother much because we can always reroll the charging distance. But better than jumpacks, the rules for fleet says we can reroll one or more dice for charging distance. So say we roll 1 and 6 for charging, we can choose to reroll the 1 only and keep the 6 for the best result Laughing

Quote :
AK, your point about the Marine missile launcher dude - is that only for Space Marines, or does that apply to everyone?

Don't remember reading that in the book
That is for everyone. It was there in the movement section. Same page with coherency if I'm not wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6179

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 am

yea, weapon firing restriction for movement is now based on model basis. so what AK said is correct.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5263

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:26 am

oddly enough i can't think of a heavy weapons team/unit in any of my armies where this rule helps me...
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

lex i think you tersilap baca la...

i was talking about the rerolls in a charge not to fleet then charge
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5018

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:43 am

With the option to add fortification & ally units, will we be seeing a shift in the army size for our standard games? This is because, personally, i don't think 1750pts will be enough to satisfy my needs anymore with the current FOC options.

I remember the 1st time playing 40k, everybody is playing at 1500k.

Then, Richard set the std at 1750pts for games at his place, paving the way for 1750pts to be the acceptable std size for the games in almost every gaming clubs/places up until today.

So, are we going to 'level up' again, or do we stick to the current accepted army size?
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am

Well technically you could field a horde Havoc squad. 15 marines with 4 hbt a champion and a nurgle banner

thats 12 hbt shots and u can move up ur horde to rapid fire range and shoot off 22 shots...

15 marines with T5 will be quite fun to see!

can build a real death guard army that walks instead of sitting in a rhino
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
lexiss

Honor Points : 4440

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Paxter wrote:
lex i think you tersilap baca la...

i was talking about the rerolls in a charge not to fleet then charge

Oopsy, my bad.

T6 bikers hugging Epidemius will be very sick if you ask me.

Din, request tournament @ your favorable points size and we'll see everyone willingly upgrade their army size Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 pm

@Din : I think the level should stay at 1750 pts coz 2k games will takes much longer to play. Good for friendly casual play, but definitely not Tourneys. Increase to 1850 could be nice but definitely not 2k for me.

I like this one --> Gets Hot! now causes glancing hits to vehicles unless you roll 4+ save. Where goes the cooling system installed earlier? Laughing

More on movement : Say my Shrike joins a Terminator Squad, he can move his maximum distance (12 inches) and still be within the unit as long as he mantain unit coherency. Slingshot is now legal by RAW!
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4906

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Can you explain how the slingshot is gonna work by doing that?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Termies can only move 6. But Shrike can move up to 12.
To mantain coherency, he can only move up to 9 inches. which is 3 inches further than the Terminators. That is usually more than enough to slingshot the Terminators towards their target (Having Fleet helps also Smile )
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:55 pm

That's not exactly the same slingshot move as 5th ed... It's more like the way an amoeba moves.

It only helps slower miniatures by that much only, also the new wound allocation rules mean shrike will be taking the shots at him with 3+ armour save and no invul-save if he ever jumps in front of the terminators, I presume you only move him up when you are about to charge, the extra distance is only benefited at that one turn then.

Also the random charge means a bad roll would equal to overwatch shots + the following shooting phase and counter assault. But then you might consider taking "Look out, Sir!" rolls then, which means the termies will still take the shots, whether that is a good thing is needed to be seen in battle.

If you ask me, I'd put lysander in front and move at a slower pace and still survive plasma shots taken at him after a few wounds perhaps and take the "Look out, Sir!" rolls then.

EDIT: I thought the slingshot move was legal from one method, IC jumps from Unit A and joins Unit B in front, assaults with Unit B?

Last edited by AznJake on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6179

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:04 pm

definitely not 2k coz at 2k, all FOC gets doubled!!!

i managed to squeeze in ally for my 1750 necrons. so i think we should give it a try at the current point system first. after we get the hang of it, then only decide to up level or not.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5263

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

dude, set the amount at 1999pts la...
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5018

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 pm

@Joe-Doom: That's bcuz necrons pt costs are so cheap.

Maybe not 2k..i was thinking of more around 1850pts - not that significant of an increase, but still able to enlarge & change the usual list.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 am

Quote :
That's not exactly the same slingshot move as 5th ed... It's more like the way an amoeba moves.
Of course it's not the same. It was illigeal in 5th ed Laughing But people do it nonetheless. The only legal slingshot in 5th is like you mention in your EDIT, but we all knew that already.

Quote :
It only helps slower miniatures by that much only, also the new wound allocation rules mean shrike will be taking the shots at him with 3+ armour save and no invul-save if he ever jumps in front of the terminators, I presume you only move him up when you are about to charge, the extra distance is only benefited at that one turn then.
Of course.. slingshot is only usefull on the turn you charge aniway Smile. Have to be carefull on Overwatch though.
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4770

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Quote :
T6 bikers hugging Epidemius will be very sick if you ask me.
*COUGH*

Quote :
Din, request tournament @ your favorable points size and we'll see everyone willingly upgrade their army size Twisted Evil
instead of requesting, why don't you try to organise one first?
we'll see how people respond from there
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:57 pm

A 100 point increase would mean alot for my Tau. With my Tyranids, it's just another Flyrant.

A change to 2k would attract people to utilize the 2 FOCs 'effectively'. I would imagine people just filling the minimum mandatory slots and get 6 Elites, Fast Attack or Heavy Support.

No doubt there would be alot of "variety" in some armies but if it's my Tau, I'd used pretty much the same things, just duplicate more.
Back to top Go down
chilliaddict
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4512

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 pm

i like the idea of moving the points up. Gives a lot more room to efficiency of high costing HQs that marines have to take
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let me get this right...   Let me get this right... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let me get this right...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wargamers Malaysia :: Warhammer 40,000 :: 40k Buzz-
Jump to: