Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Burning Eye

Go down 
+3
Dr-DOOOM!!!
T.Hijiri
Alvin K
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alvin K
Alvin K

Honor Points : 5218

Kabal of the Burning Eye Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Been painting some Dark Eldar for awhile now. I've also been playing a lot, testing out my list against other armies and what not. Currently I've made a list that looks good/intimidating on the table, and is also different from the other players around here.

I've decided to make a full Kabalite list, kinda prefer the idea of having lots of warriors rather than Wyches. And the theme to it is mainly poison, just that I need lots of Dark Lances to make sure I don't have trouble with tanks. This list is meant to be an all-comers list, means I can take on almost any kind of armies. But I think the biggest weakness will still be the anti-air part.

HQ
Duke Sliscus

Elites
5 Kabalite Trueborn
3 Blasters
Venom

5 Kabalite Trueborn
3 Blasters
Venom

Troops
20 Kabalite Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons

5 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Venom

Fast Attack
10 Reaver Jetbikes
Arena Champion
2 Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support
Ravager with 3 Dark Lances
Nightshield

Nightshield

Nightshield

Fortification
Aegis Defence Line with Quad-gun

Total: 1,500 points.

Just some of the warriors I've painted.
Kabal of the Burning Eye IMAG0498
Kabal of the Burning Eye IMAG0499
Kabal of the Burning Eye IMAG0500
Back to top Go down
http://gluedmyfingers.blogspot.com
T.Hijiri
Private
Private
T.Hijiri

Honor Points : 4631

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:41 am

Glue-sniffer DE, or is the name of the Kabal a reference to airspray-related accidents? jocolor

Curious as to how you're going to theme your aegis defence line for this.

The reaver jetbike squad looks a bit large though, will be difficult to find cover for it?
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/117620792610579106163/Miniatures?au
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6188

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 am

Leonard, the reavers don't need cover dy. They have jink by default. And they will always be turbo boosting = +1 cover. and since they have skilled riders, that's another +1 cover. Always getting 3+ cover saves. They are nasty!

reavers are not kabalite la.
so not really a full kabalite army dy. Razz

Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:22 am

Haha, can can la, the Reavers are so cool that I gotta have 10 of them. Actually I use the Reavers as means to cover my vehicles and deny assaults from the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:29 am

blasters on venom not a good idea though.
since you can only shoot at normal BS if you move not more than 6". And you can only disembark if you not move more than 6". The threat range has been reduced. Take up venom cannons instead.

Then to make up for the AT element, change all your reavers to have dark lances. Then i think your list is good to go. Smile

oh..if you have the points, take a Eldar ally Farseer with divination and watch your 20 Warriors spilling out 48 poison shots at 12" which are re-rollable. nasty! even FMC have to think twice!
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 am

Don't think I have enough points for allies unless I remove a lot of things. I can change some of the weapons to Splinter Cannons on the Trueborns, but definitely will need some Blasters to sit in and take care of other things just in case.

For the Reavers, I think they will be constantly tubo boosting, so not much chance to shoot.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:38 am

the points for blasters + venoms might as well used for multiple squads of trueborn with dark lances. coz open-topped vehicles now are pretty dangerous to ride in nowadays especially is just AV10. once explode, your trueborns will be taking S4 hits. Not very good for T3 and low armor saves.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:46 am

trueborn in venoms is all right i suppose - cuz ppl would be focussed on the ravagers, and you don't need to deploy them on first turn if they are reactive units that counter deepstrikers etc.
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 am

It's more expensive la with the Dark Lances. But what I would do is actually to let the Trueborn stay outside rather than in the Venoms. Need to test play and see also.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:51 am

yea... they will be useful if you disembark them for bigger threat range 30".
(move 6", disembark 6", shoot 18")

so make sure you hold them behind and only unleash when enemies are closing in.

luckily no much changes for my list. my venoms are transports for my warriors only. they are my poison weapons shooting platforms. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 am

If you ask me.. Trueborn works best only with SC. Other than that is either too expensive or better done by someone else.

With changes to Rapid Fire, the huge unit is much more mobile than previous ed. 3+ to wound is scary.

A nice list Smile
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:45 pm

After today's game, I've put some thought into my Dark Eldar list.

First, is that having a lot of Blasters may be great, but thinking about the model wise, it's tough, how am I gonna get so many Blasters? Nope, I'm not gonna convert just because I want uniformity in the entire army. So I changed one unit of Trueborn to carry 2 Dark Lances instead, they will serve as an annoyance unit to take out tanks from afar assuming my other anti-tanks fail. I may switch it to Splinter Cannons, but after thinking about it, I already have enough Splinter Cannons to deal with 1-3 units per turn.

Also, there is close to no point in upgrading the Reaver Jetbike unit. Since they will definitely get wiped every game, I've learned to use that to my advantage. They're just a buffer unit to block and deny assaults.

And I forgot to add, the only model that can accept a challenge in this army is Duke Sliscus. He makes for an intimidating character to fight too.

So here it is, there's no "uncheesy list" in the Dark Eldar book.

HQ
Duke Sliscus

Elites
5 Kabalite Trueborn
2 Dark Lances
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

5 Kabalite Trueborn
3 Blasters

5 Kabalite Trueborn
3 Blasters

Troops
20 Kabalite Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons

5 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster

5 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster

Fast Attack
10 Reaver Jetbikes

Heavy Support

Fortification
Aegis Defence Line with Quad-gun

Total: 1,750 points.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:32 am

if you lack anti-tank, you should take small reaver jetbike squad with blaster or heat lance. they can still serve as your unit blocker etc.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6176

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:02 am

He has waaay more anti tank then i have lolz
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:39 am

I don't think I really lack anti-tank, I just wanna have more units to shoot at tanks. It's more of an assurance that in case they rest missed, these guys will probably get it done.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:24 am

Watchout for that Duke.. He's good.

That Reaver Jetbikes needs a Champ. I've lost so many moral check, but mine was never more than 3 in a unit so dont hurt so much. Losing 10 from morale would be painful Smile

Summore, Cluster Caltrops!!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6176

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 am

True dat, my current DE army has only 8 dark lances from only 3 vehicles,... although i offset that with 25 haywire grenadiers Razz in 5 venoms
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Tried the list today, the Jetbikes died like nothing as usual, so, wanna upgrade also I'm a bit cautious.

Not bad la now, the 2 Dark Lances with the Trueborn can actually deal some damage, they took out an Annihilation Barge, shot some other stuffs down, and survived till end game.

So far, I got 19 Lance weapons in this army, sounds like overkill, but 8 of them are like 1 use only since the Trueborn need to get up close, and they usually die after that.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 am

by the way, you won against Subahan's Necron?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 am

Quote :
Not bad la now, the 2 Dark Lances with the Trueborn can actually deal some damage, they took out an Annihilation Barge, shot some other stuffs down, and survived till end game.
Yup.. they usually survived. When you have 10+ unit for target saturation, opponent will usually go for the easier target in the open, and leave things in cover like this small unit alone. That is the beauty of MSU.

I have a similar Trueborn unit. But I keep them cheap at 3 man only.

Quote :
So far, I got 19 Lance weapons in this army, sounds like overkill, but 8 of them are like 1 use only since the Trueborn need to get up close, and they usually die after that.
That's why I didn't dare go that way. They are far too expensive to be a suicide squad.

Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:08 am

Nope, I didn't win. It was a kill points mission. I have 16 kill points in my army. But the fight was quite good, I took down 4 of his vehicles in turn 1, and the rest of them in turn 2. I didn't manage to take down his flyer, which became a problem for me in the later game. My army is ineffective against Scarabs. Too many wounds to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 am

yea... scarabs are your army bane. lol
they can easily get 3+ cover due to stealth and fast.
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 am

Yeah, the table was really saturated with terrain, something I can't really play with also.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 am

heh? i thought you had a lotta S8 weapons?
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:40 am

He has 20 Scarab bases, all getting 3+ saves everywhere. Kinda hard to shoot at them. I think the answer to this solution is Cluster Caltrops. Use the Jetbikes to turbo boost over them from a position that they cannot get cover then can instant kill them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye   Kabal of the Burning Eye Empty

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Burning Eye
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next