Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines and Stuff

Go down 
+12
Alvin K
Boonkin
dif2find
CikguDin
BLee
Vuel
Arzmi
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
dann.toh
LordAK
shaun
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5263

Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 am

oh yea there is. Iron Arm. I don't usually care for Eternal Warrior cuz Nids are already T6 hahaha
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6179

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:15 am

still can die to force weapons ma.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:43 am

Got shadow in the warp maaaa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4962

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:31 am

Dammit. Nids codex is sooooo broken!!!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:31 pm

got tau firewarriors maaaa

sorry needed to troll
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4666

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:38 pm

When has Shadow ever saved you? Lol and this thread kena hijack kau kau hahaha.

Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Had 2 games on Saturday and my list was

Main - DA
Belial
Libbie - Master Lvl 2, Termie Armour, Displacer
DW Termie 1 (6) - Chainfist, Cyclone
DW Termie 2 (6) - Chainfist, Cyclone, TH/SS
Tactical Squad (Cool - Plasma Cannon
Land Speeder (2) - HB/Typhoon
Contemptor Dread - Cyclone, 2 TL Lascannons
Aegis Defence Lines - Quad Gun

Allies - BA
Librarian
Assault Squad (10) - 2 Melta, Power Fist and Drop Pod

Plan: Well lately dropping Belial and 10 man DW Termies hasn't been working out cause people can just focus fire and kill them all so reduce the numbers after taking advice from people here so I have more backfield guns and get some back up in the form of the Assault Squad for the Termies. More or less just drop. Choose what to kill and focus on it until it dies.

1st game was against Dann's DE at 1850

His list was
Rakarth
Haemon 1 (Grotesque)
Haemon 2 (Scourge)
Haemon 3 (5 Wracks)
5 Wracks
2 squads of 3 Wracks
2 squads of 4 Grotesque
2 Venoms
3 Raiders
10 Scourges
2 Talos
Chronus

Deployment was Vanguard Strike and Mission was Purge the Alien

My priorities were his Venoms and Rakarth in this game as they gave him a lot of firepower and Rakarth would have destroyed my backfield so just dropped Belial, DA Libbie and DW1 in his backfield as well as the Assault Squad. Managed to kill both of them making Rakarth walk and with both Venoms down a lot of his firepower was gone.

Then slowly focus fired at whatever was left walking towards me. It was quite unfortunate that an empty Raider got immobilised so Rakarth couldn't get inside haha. He concedes at the end of turn 4 cause he only had a Haemon with 5 Wracks in a Raider, the Immo Raider, 2 Talos quite far away cause they dealt with Belial, 1 Wrack and 2 Scourges while my gun line was intact so it was a matter of time before I shot everything else down as his shooting was pretty much gone.

There was Night Fight on the first turn but it didn't really affect anything cause I DS infront of his guys.

2nd game was against Edwards Eldar at 1750

His list was
Farseer
Spiritseer
10 Guardians with Lance
10 Avengers
2 Serpents with TL Lance
5 Wraithguard
5 Reapers
10 Hawks
10 Spiders
Wraithknight

I used the same list but without the Aegis

Deployment was Hammer and Anvil and Mission was Purge the Alien

So I thought I was smart by placing my Speeders 60" away from his guns in LOS thinking his max range was 48" which is 36" range+12' movement. Nope he shoots the Serpent Shield and just downs the Speeders ignoring cover and all giving him first blood. Jaw dropped when that happened. Stupid me lol.

Dropped the same thing again. Priorities were the Serpent obviously after the first turn haha with Assault Squad and his Reapers. Kill 2 Reapers (Exarch also), a Serpent, immo the 2nd one underneath a Sky Shield cause he parked it there (important) and that was really it.

From there I slowly ground down his army with the Assault Squad and Termie Squad cause his shooting was quite bad. Didn't really kill enough of the Assault Squad or Termies and when I got into combat it was actually over. He tried to save the Farseer and Guardians with the Wraithknight but Termies and Assault Squad put it down.

He did forget to disembark his Wraithguard from his immo Serpent cause it was hidden from his LOS under the Sky Shield but I was already in combat by that time so the best he could have done was charge me. Hawks died slowly to DW2 shooting and his Spiders mishap so I placed it near DW1 who were stuck in combat with Guardians, Farseer, Wraithknight.

They broke free on his turn and charged the Spiders so that was pretty much it. By turn 5 he had 2 Hawks, 1 Spider Exarch, Immo Serpent left so he conceded.

Overall I think this list is much better than the other one. Have a better backfield presence and gun line even if its only one extra termie squad. The firepower and counter assault capabilities they give help me much more so I don't fold in assault when people make it through my shooting and I am too lazy to make anymore lists so will just go with this for awhile lol. Have to try against tournament level list and see how it works but for now I am happy with it.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm

I really like the Eldar list.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Enough to make you start Eldar? Hehe
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 am

not quite.. but enough to start gaining some ally Smile
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5018

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:05 am

Comparatively to DE flyers, Eldar Flyers are much better. They are still paper-thin though..

Makes you wonder why when they are technologically superior, their flyers are just as 'tough' as the ones made by the Orks. At least give la some sort of protection/force field or sth...
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Eldar Flyer should have gotten Holo-fields but oh well.

Well I got TA'd once, conceded twice this week and barely lost another game this week. Such bad week for gaming lol.

First game was a 1750 gameagainst Edward's Eldar before he got the Tau Commander+Reaper Combo. Got TA'd on turn 5 but after the game realised I was playing 1500 instead so yea lol.

Conceded to Jo's Daemons and Kadir's WE. Armour Save rolls were so horrible tak boleh cakap apa haha.

Then last game was against Kadir's DE which I lost due to not shooting extra 4 Storm Bolter Shots and forgetting that Azrael's Plasma Gun is Master Crafted at the Venom which eventually killed my last scoring Terminator. My fault for not remembering my own rules properly.

The list is
HQ
Azrael
Librarian - Mastery Level 2, Displacer Field

Troops
6 DW Termies - Chainfist, Cyclone
6 DW Termies - Chainfist, Cyclone

Heavy Support
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought - Cyclone, 2 TL Lascannons
8 Devastators - 4 Missiles
Predator - Autocannon, 2 Lascannons

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines - Quad Gun

HQ
BA Librarian 100

Troops
10 BA Assault Squad - 2 Meltagun, Sergeant with Power Fist, Drop Pod 

Total 1850

Despite the horrible record I'll just keep playing until I get used to the army. Belial always died which is why I decided to switch to Azrael. Pretty mixed so far. Just runs from 2+ armour save but that's what the Termies are for.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 pm

I think you're just unlucky in our game.

But still, I think the list is too small lah. Maybe due to having BA in your list kot. I don't remember seeing the BA libby doing anything usefull in both our game.

Why not full DA?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Haha having a small army and bad luck is the worst possible combination

The BA is actually quite cheap. Just slightly over 300 points for both the Librarian and Assault Squad. They are there cause I want Melta and more Troops also. Full DA kinda hard cause they lack a few things.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Its a bit small tho n quite reliant on the dice gods favour although on paper its quite destructive.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Haha yea for Armour Saves usually cause when I start losing models it really hurts the army overall. It is also quite reliant on a first turn Alpha strike with the DS units to take out units which will cause me the most trouble.
Against Kadir's DE I managed to kill some heavy hitters in his army just by getting first turn. It also made Vect and his 9 man incubi easier to deal with cause I killed 6 of them on my first turn.

Still not sure whether I should go back to my bikes or not haha. The decision is between scoring bikes or scoring Terminators but the Terminators always die lol.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:01 pm

bikes also tend to die unless u take them in mass, dun think 2 5men bike squad will last long. but between bikes n termis i guess termies?? if you drop the BA and take more termis how many more can u get? is it possible to make the two termi units 10 men in size? 20 terminators will be quite the sight lol... or 5,5,5,5 units of termies. DA marines ok mah got plasma cannons Very Happy

I wanna see spunky bring out his 4th DA company full marines that will be quite fun to watch.

Thing about relying on alpha strike is that It tends to be quite iffy. I too tend to rely on alpha strike which is why for the next few friendly games will be letting my opponent go first to learn to play defensively I find going first makes the game quite easier. Especially for such an elite army like yours. No denying there is a lot of high strength weapons which will definitely earn you first blood if you start first.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:32 am

it's become very rock, scissors, paper... i'd just go for what rocks my boat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:39 am

BA cheap meh? 10 BA Assault Squad + Libby should be more than 300 points.

Termies vs Bikes.. I would vote for termies. With Plasma Cannon!

Summore keep them at 5 man only. So can take more units.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:07 pm

if I drop the BA I get about...at least 7-8 more Termies. Lol I am scared of Plasma Cannons. Roll too many 1's for my own good.

Haha I would like to see his idea for a 4th company. It would be hard to play without Terminators or Bikes. Yea but again Elite army + bad rolls = Quite often TA'ed lol.

What rocks my boat is a Space Marine Captain on Bike with TH/SS with the Ravenwing Command Squad. Hit and Run + Skilled Rider and then Rad Grenades from the Grenade Launcher and he wont die from a random Power Fist like Belial or Azrael does.

The BA is only slightly over 300 points but less then 320. Problem with Plasma is the Range and its a Blast so it may just scatter off. Even if it hits a vehicle its only one hit. Cyclones are superior in that sense.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5018

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 am

Have u tried DW-Knights? DS & run in Shield-wall formation to gain that T5 sounds fun to me. I know from exp playing Oblits-MoN that T5 & 2+/5++ = awesomeness. DWKs get 3++, which is even more awesomesauce!

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6179

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:04 pm

i also got ask him try them. he tak mau coz he said something about they not that good since the ability is 1 use only and he prefers utilizing his termies to shoot or something like that.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Yea but they need to be in base to base to get the T5 which is ignored by Plasma Cannons and being base to base gives more hits per template. The ability is one use and then they go back to being AP4 which is alright but not amazing.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Thats a fair point there.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:17 pm

I would give DW-Knights a try.. maybe you'll like them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines and Stuff
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next