Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kahjin

kahjin

Honor Points : 4294

[WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad Empty
PostSubject: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have an Azreal pewter mini that I'll be converting to a BT Castellan. As part of the hack I thought of replacing the left DW shoulder pad with a BT version as seen in the pic below:

[WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad Img1247za

So aside from filing it away, are there better alternatives on how I could go about achieving this?

PS Hope I posted this in the right folder!

Last edited by kahjin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5009
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 am

The shoulder pad on the pewter is actually a one-piece-model with torso? If yes.. sadly, I have no idea how to cut it (That is the reason I steer clear from metal minis...~_~)

Any sifu-sifu have any idea of how to achieve it? I'm curious on how do u guys convert metal minis as well...
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5359

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 am

we dont bro.. i have plenty of metal model. but i dont cut them just add bits to it. Its a waste of time cutting them.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4770

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 pm

saw it off using the jewellery saw..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
kahjin

kahjin

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks for the input guys, will detail my experience if I decide to go ahead with it.
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 am

hahaha doctor knows best.. i had a hunch vuel will tell you to use a saw.. tak advance la vuel.. suruh la dia pakai laser cutter...hihihii.. saje je aku ni. Razz
Back to top Go down
kahjin

kahjin

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Dif that's not so bad, I've read some hardcore converters using dremels to get the job done Laughing
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 am

yup i know.. just toying around.. if you have the proper equipment its always easy. Dont even try cutting those metal model with a razor blade... BAD BAD thing to do.

Last edited by dif2find on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 am

dif2find wrote:
yup i know.. just toying around.. i you have the proper equipment its always easy. Dont even try cutting those metal model with a razor blade... BAD BAD thing to do.

Hand drill those metal mini is *proven* to be a good way to spend the better of your holiday afternoon. I learn it the hard way =__,=
Back to top Go down
kahjin

kahjin

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:04 pm

@dif Oh yeah that's for sure, wouldn't wanna ruin my blades man! I bought a set of filers previously so that should help.

@limp Woah dude what did you previously do to punch holes lah? Stake and mallet? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4962

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Moved the thread..
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 pm

kahjin wrote:
@dif Oh yeah that's for sure, wouldn't wanna ruin my blades man! I bought a set of filers previously so that should help.

@limp Woah dude what did you previously do to punch holes lah? Stake and mallet? Very Happy

Proud owner of GW hand drill Embarassed
use it to drill a 2mm hole on axe so I can pin a chained flame skull on it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kahjin

kahjin

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:49 pm

@limp You just gave me an idea to attach something to the thunder hammer's hilt Smile
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:51 pm

kahjin wrote:
@limp You just gave me an idea to attach something to the thunder hammer's hilt Smile

Embarassed If the hammer is plastic kit, please go ahead... if it is metal kit....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad   [WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad Empty

Back to top Go down

[WTA] Proper Method to Remove Pewter Shoulder Pad
Page 1 of 1