Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infiltrate question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

Infiltrate question Empty
PostSubject: Infiltrate question   Infiltrate question EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi quick question can jump troops infiltrate if i am using Huron?

Infiltrate says infantry only > are jump troops considered infantry? and if yes... does that mean the jump troops move 12" from the edge it enters or 6" like normal infantry?
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6157

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrate question   Infiltrate question EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:43 pm

jump infantry is a model category by itself. so i would think they won't get to benefit from Huron's ability to infiltrate.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrate question   Infiltrate question EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:19 pm

some more light to the question

but on page 47 BRB

it says jump units share two sets of rules, the jump unit rules and infantry rules

So now that they can infiltrate do they infiltrate as infantry 6" or infiltrate as jump troops 12"
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6437

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrate question   Infiltrate question EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:25 pm

unless it was FAQed, I dont think jump infantries can benefit from the Master of Deception traits because they have seperate Jump Infantry section instead of just Infantry.

Quote :
it says jump units share two sets of rules, the jump unit rules and infantry rules
It is simply to avoid repeating the same thing in the BGB. It follows the saem rules as infantry, but with some additional rules as was mentioned in the Jump Infantry section. It is like much like MC and FMC. FMC follows all the usual rules for MC, but with more complicated rules.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrate question   Infiltrate question EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

ok ty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6157

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrate question   Infiltrate question EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:49 pm

good example would be the JAWS FAQ which clarifies that jetbikes are affected since jetbikes is a sub category of bikes.

if jump infantry is a subset category of infantry, it would have been clarified in the FAQ as well but it didn't. so RAI, i believe jump infantry are treated as a seperate category by GW. just my thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrate question   Infiltrate question Empty

Back to top Go down

Infiltrate question
Page 1 of 1