Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord of the Rings miniature

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RickNoah

RickNoah

Honor Points : 4197

Lord of the Rings miniature  Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings miniature    Lord of the Rings miniature  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 am

hi yall,

i was lookin through the Lord of the rings collection at Games workshop. i was wondering if people here in Malaysia actually collect them. cause they kinda cool to actually collect and play.
Back to top Go down
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

Honor Points : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings miniature    Lord of the Rings miniature  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 pm

i dont think theres a big community when it comes to lotr miniatures. some people get the miniatures to paint and keep bt gaming wise, not much action.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4928

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings miniature    Lord of the Rings miniature  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Not much action there coz it is sort of like historical.
Example, if you played the Mordor orks and won on the Palennor Fields out side Minas Tirith, what is the point?
According to the book and the movie, the orks lost, right? So basically it doesn't make sense to play LOTR the outcome is fixed.
You can't play Boromir there also, coz he died in the labyrinth of mine of Moria.

But in 40k or WHF, anything can happen. You can create your own scenario and play your own game.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings miniature    Lord of the Rings miniature  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:22 pm

gw has slowly moved away from the movie to a game of "what if"

games like this are highly situational and seasonal for instance legio/balau has seasonal stints when suddenly ppl are playing necromunda, blood bowl, battlefleet gothic, dust, etc...
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings miniature    Lord of the Rings miniature  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings miniature
Page 1 of 1