Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Scorn Coven List

Go down 
+7
CikguDin
Vuel
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Alvin K
Paxter
LordAK
dann.toh
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5270

Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:47 pm

But this Haemostar is temporary at best. Cuz if GW dah errata'd Eldar, they will errata DE soon too Very Happy

And seeing that the earlier topic was about merging DE and Eldar, what the heck does the Haemostar have to do with it, since I can already do that in one codex? Razz

Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5025

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:33 pm

That's where you are wrong. The possibility doesn't stop there especially with DE - Eldar combo!

Simplest cheeze examples (in addition to the above cheeziness):-

1). Take Maugan-Ra: invisible 36" Assault 5 x S6 AP5 Rending shots or Assault 4 x S6 AP5 Rending ignore cover sv shots! Since he's at BS7, then he gets to-hit on 2+ & re-rolls on 5+!!

2). Take Farseer/Eldrad: invisible spellcaster to Fortune Falcon/ Vyper squadron + Doomed enemy non-vehicle units within 24" (Eldrad can cast 3rd spell to Guide 1 shooty Eldar unit within 6" - War Walkers/ Dakka-Falcons/ Vyper squadron)

3). Autarch on J-bike with Reaper launcher: invisible 48" 2 x S5 AP3 shots

p.s - All 3 examples are in addition to the 6 Sniper-Haemo shots described earlier hehehe Twisted Evil !!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Quote :
what the heck does the Haemostar have to do with it,
I think anything involves Haemonculus fits you Coven theme Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4673

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 pm

The thing is Harlies have been FAQ'ed to have Stealth and Shrouded and no more 2D6x2 to see them so that doesnt really work anymore.

Finish your Wrack army first lar Dann before expanding to have allies.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

@Shaun: In the Eldar FAQ, yes Harlequins have Stealth & Shrouded. BUT, the Harlequins in the DE codex have no such entries in the DE FAQ.

If you refer to most other outsider forums, they agreed that the Harlequins in both codex follow their own separate rules/FAQ.

So, until GW says otherwise or amend the DE FAQ, they still use the rules as in the DE codex.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 pm

ya la, which goes back to my earlier point - if they errata'd the Eldar codex, sooner or later, they will errata the DE codex Very Happy

I am finishing the wracks... it's just so expensive...! and so much flesh to paint!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 am

Yup.. Coven list is expensive to do. All of them finecast! So high class Laughing
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 am

Buy Ogre Kingdom Bulls or Beastmen Minotaurs box set & do kustom conversion la.. You are good at making conversion right?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:17 am

Dann made of money right. The fact has been established on the previous page Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:25 am

yea, agreed! Smile
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 am

shaun wrote:
Dann made of money right. The fact has been established on the previous page Very Happy

but is that the absolute truth? what if it's the other way round? What if money was made of Dann?! *dundunduuuuuuuuuuuuun!*

Ok, moving on... the Coven should be ready next year...

@Din - Ii'm using Vampire Counts Crypt Horrors for my Grotesques.

still got a lot to get:
1 or 2 more boxes of Wracks
2 more Raiders
1 box of Crypt Horrors
1 box of Scourges

Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:59 pm

ok so had my first test game today - thanks to alvin for lending me his raiders and space marines Very Happy

1500pts vs Death Korp of Kriegs

I had:
Rakarth
9 Grotesques
5 Wracks + Raider
5 Wracks + Raider
5 Wracks + Raider
3 Wracks + Raider
5 Scourges w 2 Haywire Blasters
Talos w Haywire Blaster
Talos w Haywire Blaster
Cronos

Not really sure what was on the Krieg's side, I knew there were 2 S10 AP2 large blast barrages and 16 S5 AP5 small blast barrages coming...

Mission 6: Relic (Great, the Longinus Initiative has passed on their duties of relic hunting to my Silent Scorn Coven...)

Highlights:
Death Korps started first, and on the first turn, the Cronos was reduced to 1 wound, three Grotesques died (!!!), and 4 Scourges died. Luckily no first blood! Phew!

A stray Haywire shot blew up a Leman Russ! Woot!!! FIRST BLOOD!

In one turn I lost 2 Raiders and 1 lost its Dark Lance... *grumble*

The Grotesques and Rakarth made it to the Krieg's lines, but only to a man... Rakarth was all that was left of my 40 wound unit... and he finally fell to a guardsman's wild poke in close combat. (I forgot he had clone field) He got SLAY THE WARLORD

However the majority of the Krieg's firepower was dedicated on my Grotesques, letting 2 Taloses get too close to their lines. Too late they realised that S3 lasguns cannot hurt T7... LINEBREAKER!

A Talos went on to SLAY THE WARLORD!

And while all this was going on, if you scroll back up, you'll notice I have a 3man unit of Wracks - guess what they were doing? CAPTURING THE RELIC!

So in the end, even though I suffered far worse casualties I won the game 6VP to 1.

Woot! Not bad for a first game!
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4668

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Pain tokens are a real pain when your targets are squeeshie T3 guys... but interesting no doubt do see DE of a different kind...
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 pm

At least this time you made off with the Relic so hopefully after this you will never have to look for it again haha. Rakarth died to Guardsman? What? 5+ and then FNP fail 3 times???? I thought your FNP is very good ler lol.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:48 am

shaun wrote:
Rakarth died to Guardsman? What? 5+ and then FNP fail 3 times???? I thought your FNP is very good ler lol.

Well he (alone), decided to charged a 40man blob. three flamers snapfired and caused two wounds while all the lasguns did nothing. Rakarth has only a 6+ so the flamers went thru easily. He only had FnP n he failed both.

In HTH, he managed to miss with 3/5 attacks, then proceeded to roll 1 & 2 for wounding. His attacks were poisoned so he rolled 2 & 1 in the reroll (facepalm!). Nine guardsmen retaliated, scored 5 hits (I forgot he had Clone Field here...), and caused only 1 wound. 6+ failed, 5+ failed. Rakarth bit the dust.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:44 am

With th new DE FAQ, looks like the haemon-star suggestion is kinda moot.

Still, I'm surprise the taloi reached the enemy line! Cool!!
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:27 am

But Rakarth is T5 right? Sooo i guess his rolls were quite good or yours were just bad haha.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:26 am

1st time played against Dann's Silent Coven list yesterday with my Orks. My full strength Nob Bikers with Warboss charged into the Grotesques and Rakarth and they were all wiped out in 1 round of combat. lolz

Good list. But I will know what to do next time when I fight your list. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:36 am

Seruously!?! 1 Turn of combat? Shocked Wow..

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 am

haha... i got conned into combat. i wanted to go around his army take down those talos first but Dann was doing some new zealand ha ka war dance taunting my Nob bikers to face off his grotesques. Alas, the DE are definitely more cunning than the Orks.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 am

well, to be fair, I did tell you what you were facing - two poisoned weapons which cause instant death... Very Happy

I only killed the Warboss and 2 Nobz. The thing is, the retaliation only dealt 3 wounds, meaning i still won by 4 pts, enough for the unit to run and get sweeping advanced.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 am

He's lucky you only had 2 of those funky weapon (what its name again?). If you took 6 Haemonculus, all with the said weapon, now that's OP!!

May I ask, what is your anti-flyers/FMCs weapons?

Your Grotesque is only Ld3/4 right? Suddenly playing GK-Inquisitor as ally with Callidus Assassin seems to be an option again.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 am

Oohh.. sweeping advanced.. no wonder lah. I thought you killed them all with punches. Just realised I was too shocked that I can't even spell 'seriously' correctly Laughing
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 am

CikguDin wrote:
He's lucky you only had 2 of those funky weapon (what its name again?). If you took 6 Haemonculus, all with the said weapon, now that's OP!!

May I ask, what is your anti-flyers/FMCs weapons?

Your Grotesque is only Ld3/4 right? Suddenly playing GK-Inquisitor as ally with Callidus Assassin seems to be an option again.

The unit is already 580pts... duwan to add more Haemonculus to the mix, unless it's a cheap one to step in for challenges against Necron Lords with MSS. Can you imagine my Aberration striking my own unit? D3 attacks, poisoned, instant death?!

anti flyers are only 4 haywire blasters and 4 dark lances - dun wanna bother taking them out. Let them be a menace.

Ya a neural shredder would instant kill a Grotesque... so would an ally IG with Manticores la... and I think Manticores are more worth it.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:12 am

You know what I just realized? I can't fight Paladin lists. The Grotesques and Pain Engines will fall like flies with one psychic test (force weapons), and I only have 4 dark lances that can instant kill maybe 1 or 2 paladins per turn (taking into account inv saves etc)

So yeah, my Scissors list found its Rock Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Scorn Coven List   Silent Scorn Coven List - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Scorn Coven List
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next