Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot

Go down 
+2
LordAK
CikguDin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 4987

Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot Empty
PostSubject: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:43 am

Not sure if this has been asked here before, sorry for any redundancy..

The way i understood it was i shoot, i allocate the wound, i succesfully made the to-wound roll, then if you dont have a lookout sir or fail the lookout sir or whatever the model IMMEDIATELY loses all invulns, then he can use a cover if it has one or whatever else it might have left (FnP..etc..)

Am I right?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6428

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:47 am

Does shieldbreaker causes any wounds?
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:50 am

Or is it supposed to be like this? (quoted verbatim from dakka dakka)

Quote :
1) Vindicare Hits

2) Vindicare wounds

3) Vindicare's controlling player allocated the wound to Character X

3a) Character X's invulns are broken

4) Character X gets to LoS the wound he was allocated

5) Joe Schmo from the unit gets reallocated the wound

5a) Joe Schmo's invuln is broken

So now 2 models' inv. svs are broken..

@AK: Yes, in addition to causing AP1 wound, the target loses his inv. sv.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 am

CikguDin wrote:

1) Vindicare Hits

2) Vindicare wounds

3) Vindicare's controlling player allocated the wound to Character X

3a) Character X's invulns are broken

4) Character X gets to LoS the wound he was allocated

5) Joe Schmo from the unit gets reallocated the wound

5a) Joe Schmo's invuln is broken

RAW-wise, this would be the way to go... but for the sake of the game (and pure logic), we should remove point 3a)
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 6:31 am

Dann-te got scared izt? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 6:43 am

no la, it just doesn't make sense.

"Look out sir!"
"Phew! Luckily I didn't get hit by that... wtf happened to my shield?"
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 am

Bugger la Dann..your fluff is so hillarious I splurted my drink after reading it!! Laughing Embarassed

On another note, if a Wraith is targeted by the shield breaker shot & loses its inv. sv, does it have any armour sv or izt now butt naked?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 8:30 am

So Shieldbreaker did cause wounds. I thought it was like a markerlight. Once hit, remove shield. Nothing to scare about lah.

About the Wraith, if I'm not wrong, they don't have any armour in their profile, so no saves..
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5331

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought LOS was allocated before you roll to save?
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 am

yup.. Joe Schmogot to make armour saves as usual. The issue here is who will lose invul, the Character or Joe --> Joe

IMO, it would be more effective if the Shieldbreaker didn't cause any wound ala Markerlight --> cannot be LOSed.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6148

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am

y use my name? need to play royalty u know? Smile
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:43 am

Cuz you r da chosen one! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6148

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 am

lagi need to have royalty fees la. Smile
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Quote :
yup.. Joe Schmogot to make armour saves as usual. The issue here is who will lose invul, the Character or Joe --> Joe

The Primary target (or Joe Schmoe if he passes the LOSr) wouldn't get any armour sv cuz the shot is AP1.

So not only he'll suffer a wound with virtually no armour sv, he automatically & immediately loses any invul sv that he has. He could only make any cover sv or FnP if he has that ability.

So, what's the verdict? Do both the Primary & Joe Schmoe suffer or will the shieldbreaker shot only affect Joe Schmoe?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Obviously Joe of course. It would make no sense otherwise.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4875

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:45 pm

If we REALLY want to go RAW on this, the first question we should ask is,

Is Vindicare Assassin's 'Deadshot' - a Precision Shot?
Spoiler:

Quote :
So, what's the verdict? Do both the Primary & Joe Schmoe suffer or will the shieldbreaker shot only affect Joe Schmoe?

Anyhow, there's no "verdict" here to be made, it's down to you and your opponent; follow RAW or your own fair interpretation of it because both are correct. RAW doesn't necessarily make the assassin OP, he's just one guy with only a minimum 5 shots to make, how many character's/models' invulnerable saves he's gonna destroy? Against Chaos Daemons, there's none.

I think when we discuss rules here, it's merely to write down our thoughts on the rules or confirm them when it's clear and supported, not to 'pass statutes or lay judgement'.

Quote :
Obviously Joe of course. It would make no sense otherwise.

It's possible to argue that the Shieldbreaker was powerful enough to even affect the Primary, OR, that if you can imagine, that Joe only had enough time to stand right in front of the Primary, so close that it affected him too since you know, bullets are very fast.

I've used him a couple times against Marcus (mostly Eldar now), shieldbreaker's not easy to wound with a 4+. It's either Hellfire or Turbo Penetrator rounds most of the time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot   Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot Empty

Back to top Go down

Vindicare Shieldbreaker Shot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wargamers Malaysia :: Warhammer 40,000 :: Rules & Questions-
Jump to: