Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]

Go down 
+7
dann.toh
Dr-DOOOM!!!
doc
cookie_yip
LordAK
Alvin K
AznJake
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 4987

Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:39 pm

1). Whoops..my bad over here.

2). I slightly disagree with you here..maybe your explanation is referring from rear view of the ruin.

If my model is standing on the ground level behind a walled ruin with no bases, that model would still get 4+ cover from enemy units shooting from accross the ruin.

But, if there's an enemy unit shooting from the rear of the same walled ruin with no base, then that target model wouldn't get any cover sv as he's considered out in the open.

If the walled ruin has a base then the targeted model would get 5+ cover from shots made from the rear of the ruin as he's in an area terrain.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4875

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:22 pm

I was in the impression that the ground floors of most ruins are mostly walls and doors on the front which you can't draw a LOS on models.

Regardless, by shooting from the back, you can't get cover saves from ruins on the upper floors if it is not obscuring the models either.

Area terrain is the only terrain type that gives you cover save by just being in it.

Nevertheless if terrains bothers the players, it should be discussed firsthand.
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

Honor Points : 5178

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Discovered this when watching Yip and Hakim have their game.

If doing Hit and Run, you need to nominate a direction before moving the 3D6".

Also, not many people know about the fact that when you regroup from falling back, you can't assault and you can only fire overwatch. Unless you're a Space Marine.
Back to top Go down
http://gluedmyfingers.blogspot.com
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 am

Alvin K wrote:

Also, not many people know about the fact that when you regroup from falling back, you can't assault and you can only fire overwatch. Unless you're a Space Marine.

This comes from the fact that most players are marine players hahaha
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6148

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:49 am

All wounds caused by vehicle explosions and vector strikes are resolved randomly except for DE's Bladevanes wounds which are resolved on the nearest model after the Reavers last position. This is in the FAQ. Might want to update on that Jake.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6428

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Nice joe.. I always assume vehicle explosion goes to nearest model
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:33 am

I checked again, no rule governing vehicle explosion. So i guess is up to the owning player who to remove.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4919

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Did you guys know that, whenever a models becomes St 0, To 0 or Wo 0, it is removed as casualty?
I initially thought only when Wo 0 you die, To 0 meant that you still have to hit and, of course, auto wound but To 0 also die, St 0 also die.
Page 3.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4635

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 am

Just realised that models with Skyfire but no Interceptor still fire at full Ballistic Skill against Skimmers. Hunters and Stalkers aren't so useless now with all the Wave Serpents running around heh.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:31 am

Like this one Shaun
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 4987

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am

Hahaha...why are u so anti-Serpents? Last time, u tapao my army la..

Anyway..the SMs are now much chezier than ever..poor xenos..
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Poor CSM lah..
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4635

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:50 am

Haha that's just cause you don't have all the models you need. Kalau main lagi I sure kena tapau lar. Not just Serpents also. Raiders, Ravagers, Hammerhead, Annihilation Barge...any Xenos Skimmer is applicable.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:02 am

Has been playing with Aiman (Thousand Sons player) which he said was told that Beam is not a normal shooting attack as you can cast the beam at 1 target then use your witchfire or shooting on another target.

Checked that it is not true. On page 69 under the section Beam 2nd paragraph:
"Additlonally, the first model hit must be from the same unit
that the rest of the Psyker's unit targets that phase."

And since is a sub-type of witchfire, casting a beam power should mean using up your shooting attack limitation.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Updated, sorry for not keeping this thread up to date, guys.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:32 am

Joe.. remember that day you asked about assaulting fleeing unit and the unit failed their Ld? The FAQ says that the assaulters must still make their charging move, so the solution we came up with that day was correct.

Summore I just realized that Vector Strike happens at the end of the movement phase. Not during the movement phase. Aiseh.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:57 am

Goodness... err Kadir, is it? It's been long, haha

So does that mean, the assaulting unit makes his charging move before the fleeing/falling back unit takes its Ld test?

For the vector strike, is it at the end of the units movement phase or the player's movement phase? Although I'm not sure the rules make a difference between the two.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:13 am

The move was done after the Ld check. The question is, how far should the assaulters move. Say a DP is just 3 inches from his target but rolled 11 for distance. The target failed Ld check and destroyed. Now how far must the DP go? 3 or 11?

For the Vector Strike, it says at the end of the Movement phase. It makes a different in a list that has more than 1 FMC or Heldrake in target selection since we wont know the outcome of a Vector Strike until the end of the movement phase.

Say 2 Heldrake and one rhino:
If at the end of the units movement we can straightaway know whether the Vector Strike destroyed the rhino or not, so can send the other one hunting other units.
But since it happen at the end of the movement phase.. Will this lone Heldrake destroy that rhino? should I vector strike the same rhino with the 2nd Heldrake?
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Added this under Special Rules, for some reason it is still confusing to differentiate between normal blasts and "barrage" blasts

5. Wounds from Blast/Large Blasts are allocated as for a normal shooting attack. [pg 33]
6. Wound allocation & cover saves from Barrage blasts are determined from the center of the blast marker. [pg 34]
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:29 am

Keep up the good work!
One question that keeps bugging my mind is in the 6th ed, can you have a drop pod army?
The way I see it is that you can have it because it says that 'Units that MUST come as reserves are ignored', when deciding the half of the reserve list.

Have a read and advice.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:06 pm

First question to ask is must you have your units, be it tactical squads or dreadnoughts, embarked inside the drop pod?

If the answer is yes, then you can't have everything inside the drop pods since you can actually deploy them separately, some of them have to be empty.

Note:
Currently according to the FAQ, only the Tyranid's Mycetic Spores are not allowed to deepstrike without its unit and do not allow ICs to join in.
Dedicated transports just means only the units that they are dedicated to, can embark inside during deployment, either right on the table at the beginning of the game or when you decide to come from reserve.

Additionally, after observing couple of games yesterday and playing one myself, few clarifications and questions pop up.

1. When transports suffer "Shaken", passengers can only snap shop. If "Stunned", passengers can't shoot at all. That is clear in the rules but it doesn't tell us what if the passengers disembarked afterwards, do they snap shot or can't shoot respectively?

2. For models that are able to shoot two weapons (non-vehicles), it is stated to be only in the Shooting Phase. The question arises when Overwatch and Interceptor are used.
Since Overwatch is defined as resolved "like a shooting phase", should the exception of shooting more than one weapon apply here?
Interceptor is not defined as to how the shooting is resolved as had been worded in Overwatch, it only has a description of stating a weapon with Interceptor rule can shoot at any enemy units at the end of the opponent's Movement Phase, should the exception of shooting more than one weapon apply here?
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:10 am

To have your unit embarked in a dedicated transport is optional, correct.
I WILL choose to have my models in it when they deepstrike. Well, what is the purpose of dropping an empty drop pod deep into enemy territory without anyone in it?
This is where the third line in that paragraph comes in, "Units and their dedicated transports are counted as one....bla bla bla!!" Pg. 124 Preparing reserves.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 am

I would argue you still have the choice to have both units counted as one or separate them, but if the majority thinks it so then there's no need to debate it any further.

However, do take note that not everyone can get a drop pod as a dedicated transport. For Space Marines, none of the HQs can take one, meaning you have to put him on the table since that single unit is still counted for purposes of reserves.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 3:59 am

Something that I just realized I have been playing wrong with my Daemons. Daemons actually have the legal option to go to ground! A lot of ppl including the veterans told me that daemons can't do that since they automatically pass any morale check. But upon further analysis, the only restriction that prevents a unit from going to ground is the USR rule Fearless. And the Chaos Daemon special rules just state that they automatically pass any morale check, so if there is an option to fail, they can't choose that. And going to ground don't require any morale check. Smile

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:49 am

You've played them far too long, otherwise you should've realized that already when the codex came out.

Like me, only recently do I realized that the current Capt Shrike has 2 Mastercrafted Ravens Talon granting 2 rerolls on To Hit.

Old habit die hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]   Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules You Get Wrong [6th Ed.]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next