Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord AK's Undivided list

Go down 
+7
Dr-DOOOM!!!
CikguDin
Padios
limp83
doc
spunkybass
LordAK
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

Lord AK's Undivided list Empty
PostSubject: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:53 am

I'm gonna use CSM codex to help boost my morale and paint my 13th Co. SW. It will be Undivided list with no spesific theme and will change over time, depends on my painting progress.

Huron
5 Terminators - 5 Paxes, 5 CMeltas, 1 Chainfist
10 CSM | 2 Meltaguns, Champ with LClaw+CMelta+Meltabomb
- dedicated Rhino | CMelta
- dedicated Rhino | CMelta
10 CSM | 2 Plasmaguns, Champ with LClaw+CPlasma+Meltabomb
- dedicated Rhino | HavocML
Heldrake | Baleflamer
3 Obliterators | Mark of Nurgle
Predator | Tri-Lasscannon
Predator | Tri-Lasscannon

Hopefully this list can help me finish the 30 unpainted Grey Hunters I have.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm

I liiike. Some havocs or bikes perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Sure got the biker versions also. There's so many list to try with the new CSM codex. I just thought maybe should post list one at a time.

Huron
5 Terminators - 5 Paxes, 5 CMeltas, 1 Chainfist
- dedicated Rhino | CMelta, Dozer
- dedicated Rhino | CMelta, Dozer
10 CSM | 2 Plasmaguns, Champ with LClaw+CPlasma+Meltabomb
- dedicated Rhino | HavocML, Dozer
Heldrake | Baleflamer
8 Bikers | MoKhorne, 2 Meltaguns, Banner of Wrath, Vets, Champ with Gift+PWeapon + Meltabombs
3 Obliterators | Mark of Nurgle

In this one, nothing stays behind. Summore reduce the probability of giving up VP to opponent in Big Guns Never Tire. Huron will always join the Oblits and Infiltrate. That's the best unit for Huron I've played with.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4957

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm

What does the mark of Nurgle do?
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5016
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:18 pm

doc wrote:
What does the mark of Nurgle do?

+1 Toughness, same ol same ol
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
Padios
Private
Private
Padios

Honor Points : 4343

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Nice list.
Back to top Go down
http://padios-minime.blogspot.com
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5025

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Tak nak letak Dirge Caster kat Rhinos ke?

Being able to deny enemy units from doing Overwatch is nice, especially against killer templates weapons (Burning Brand, flamers/heavy flamers, Wind (or izt Breath?) of Chaos, Tzeentch daemons whatchamacallit template thingy...etc..)
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 pm

hahaha.... even kadir has succumbed to the temptation of nurgle oblits!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm

You know I wouldn't do it if it were the World Eaters. Fluff for the fluff god!! Smile

But this one here is a "no theme/just take what I want/keep the 30 man CSM" undivided list hahaha.. Damn the new CSM codex is too much fun! I might even play Sorcerers sometimes Laughing
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:07 am

That's the beauty of a Huron list - anything goes! And it will look good too. You can even paint the models slightly less uniform to give them a rag-tag look
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 pm

if you playing huron, suggest you make a 20 men horde with mark of khorne to infiltrate. nothing can goes wrong there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Huron with an assault Havoc squad will be pretty funny too 4 of them with flamers rest with cc weapons Very Happy burn baby burn!
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm

yea. huron also has a flamer too. it is fluffy if huron himself leads a chosen squad with 4 flamers. burn baby burn! Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Also dont forget in cc your chosen are armed with a bolt pistol and cc weapon even the flamer guy still carries his cc weapon and bolt pistol, thats 2 base + 1 for xtra cc weapon + 1 for charging giving you 4 attacks (thats before you add mark of khorne into the mix)

9 chosen
+ 4 flamers
+ all mark of khorne
AC with PF + gift of mutation
in rhino

275pts

for the havoc CC squad same set up as above is 251 pts, but kurang 1 attack per model.

I think its a pretty cool n fluffy bodyguard for the boss, and u can face melt the crap out of horde troops
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:17 am

I have similar thing in mind, but not flamer since we can't assault from Rhino aniway. So I'll maximise the damage output in Rapid Fire range.

9 Chosen - 5 Plasmaguns, Champ with LClaw+CombiPlasma
- dedicated Rhino with CombiPlasma

or the cheaper version

9 Havoc - 4 Plasmaguns, Champ with LClaws+CombiPlasma
- dedicated Rhino with COmbiPlasma

I like the Havoc version better because
i. much cheaper
ii. strong scoring in BGNT

@Lan : you've seen my SW models kan, a very ragtag bunch with combined armour of SW + CSM Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 am

if you don't plan to assault with them, then equip them with plasmas.
my suggestion was to infiltrate the chosen on foot with huron with flamers. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Yesterday I brought Lord Huron and the Dark Wolves to HForge and face one of the most unique list around:

Epistolary - Terminator Armour, Storm Shield
10 Man Tactical - Flamer, Lasscannon (break into combat squad)
10 Scouts - Champ with PFist, 9 Snipers, 1 HBolter, Camo Cloak
Storm Talon - TLAssault Cannon, Missiles
Land Raider Achilles <- Epistolary here
Land Raider Achilles <- Combat Squad here

It was the 1st mission with 4 objectives. Deployment was Hammer and Anvil. I used the 1st list and infiltrate 3 units: Huron+Oblits and both Meltagun squad. Some highlight:

- Epistolary casted Invisibility to his Achiles that was behind a ruin (2+ cover saves). However, Huron rolled Perfect Timing (Ignores Cover) in the 2nd Turn and the Oblits destroyed one Achilles with Assault Cannons.
- All my Champions got Power Axe (coz they're WYSIWYG). They can hit but failed to wound most of the time.
- Storm Talon destroyed both of my Predators, but one of them goes down to Multimelta (from Oblits)
- Huron destroyed the 2nd Achilles with the Tyrants Claw. He then slay the Epistolary in close combat, right before the end.

Huron won by 12-0.

Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:02 am

Wow, that sounds brutal. That unique marine list looks very brittle and your army is way more resilient. Nice one.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 am

The list isn't strong, but I wouldn't say brittle Smile

The Achilles is very tough. AV14 that ignores melta and lance, carries a Thunderfire cannon and TL-Multimelta is scary. Supported by Invisibility spell (up to 2+ cover), that thing can be one very strong firebase.

My solution was Assault Cannons, Lascannons and Chainfist, but he took out both my Predators, and my Terminator (one chainfist here) died from Deepstriking Mishaps Laughing

But it dont have any type of strong CC element that can stop me from coming at them. Nor did it has strong scoring units. If it were me, I would take one Honour Guard unit + Strong CC Character inside for counter-assault.

I do think it can do well against your Eldar though. I saw his game vs Alvin's DE earlier. Alvin can't do anything to stop the Achilles. Though Alvin came out the winner in the end, his DE was butchered by the TFC and Storm Talons.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:15 am

He needs to kill both my Wraithlords. Then he's safe. Hmmm, swooping hawks ...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 am

Yup.. Haywire would work great. Anything with S10 and fast also would work great. But Wraithlords, is gonna be difficult since he always keep the Achilles at range.

My current DE is gonna lose big against this. I need to bring my Wyches back into the list.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:39 am

Wyches w Haywires are dangerous man. Back to topic, I think you really should do this Huron list. It will look really awesome. You can mix all kinds of models and paint schemes in it. Totally cool
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:50 am

my wych grenadiers love marines Very Happy Its do or die girls... get over there and blow them to hell Razz
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5270

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:57 am

This is why Haywire Blasters are the new in-thing Very Happy

Until they come up with vehicles which are immune to 'haywire'...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 am

For Eldar, maybe it's a good time to bring Vibro Cannon back on table. 36 inches line, autoglance, no cover saves (betul ka?) Laughing

Quote :
Back to topic, I think you really should do this Huron list. It will look really awesome. You can mix all kinds of models and paint schemes in it. Totally cool
I actually have that thought since the new CSM codex came around. A brand new undivided CSM army so I can try all the cool stuffs that CSM have that I can/will never take in my WE (I always want to paint and play a 1kSons unit Smile). When Apoc came, I can band them together with the World Eaters as a much larger force.

But looking at my collection, there's still too many unpainted models. 3 of my armies (Raven Guards, Dark Eldar and 13th Co. SW) are not fully painted at 1750 points.

So after much thinking, I'll just do this to help me paint my models, at least for now lah Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord AK's Undivided list   Lord AK's Undivided list Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord AK's Undivided list
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next