Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S'pore road trip, anyone?

Go down 
+11
dif2find
spunkybass
majzackbro
Dr-DOOOM!!!
deathkorps
CikguDin
BLee
Paxter
LordAK
Alvin K
dann.toh
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

And thanks to u Alvin for giving me last minute training tomorrow morning. Lol
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4969

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:40 pm

good luck. lets go and show the singaporeans how much more kiasu we malaysians are. well, some of us anyway. hahaha... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 am

Don't forget to wear your Chosen seal.
That Re-roll might come in handy Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5366

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 am

Jo dont need those re roll.. he's dice is sticky enough with cheese on the 1 side to give him lots of 6s. Go jo make us proud.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Padios
Private
Private
Padios

Honor Points : 4343

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://padios-minime.blogspot.com
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 pm

hahaha... sorry guys. My daemons got TA'd by Space Marines army on round 1. Tried to fight til the end with lone plaguebearer standing on Turn 7 but he alone couldn't withstand the might of the whole imperium. lol

With 5 Malaysians, only Daniel Ong and Chris Koh came back without empty handed.

Daniel won best sportsmanship and Chris Koh with his Daemons won best Chaos (having accumulated the most VP for Chaos).

But a good experience nevertheless. A good experience to send off my current Daemon army as the new one coming in March. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Results out. Here's the standing.
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Sgtournament40kstanding

Last edited by Dr-DOOOM!!! on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

Honor Points : 5216

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:49 pm

YOU BROUGHT DISHONOUR TO YOUR FAMIRRRYYYY!!!
Back to top Go down
http://gluedmyfingers.blogspot.com
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 am

What? a marine army TAed you?!
What happened actually bro..

Summore that is only the 1st game kan. What about the rest..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 am

hahaha.... i'm also surprised myself.
of all 28 players, there are 2 space marines players. 1 of them is Quake with his 60 marines 6 drop pod army with no Null Zone.
So while on the drive there, what are the chances of me meeting this army on the 1st round of all 28 players eh?

Mana tau... 1st round got paired up against that army!!! lol
His army is 7 drop pods with null zone librarian, 1 stormtalon, 1 command squad with plasmas, 2x5 assault marines, 10 tactical, 10 sternguards, 2 dreadnaughts.
NVM!
Fairing against drop pod army, i needed him to start first but i lost the roll off. I was forced to go first.
NVM!
Then i didn't get my preferred wave, having my weaker force got dropped first. He then smartly put his librarian null zone on reserves waiting for my Fateweaver to drop first.
NVM!
I played carefully with both side couldn't get 1st blood on the 1st turn. Then on my 2nd turn, 1 of my DP got scattered off the board and mishap.
NVM!
I then roll on the mishap table. Got a 1. So it was destroyed. That provided 1st blood score to my opponent.
NVM!
Both screamers unit failed to come in on my 2nd turn as I rolled double 1 for them.
NVM!
At least Fateweaver came in and with hopes that he's swooping, even with Null Zone, I could still keep him around. But on his 2nd turn, librarian and stormtalon came in. Null Zone activated, stormtalon 1st shot my Fateweaver, got through 2 wounds. Test LD on the 1st wound, FAILED! Fateweaver gone!
NVM!
Still got 2 units of screamers as his army has no assault element. My turn 3, both Screamers unit failed to come in when I rolled double 1 for them.
NVM!
Turn 4 they auto-came in, and managed to dealt some damage with their slashing attacks. More than 50% of my forces are gone but I just kept focusing on taking down his scoring hoping for a draw. 4 screamers charged a unit of 5 tactical marines, 1 survived and tactically withdrew!
NVM!
Turn 6 all my daemons were dead except for 1 plaguebearer locked in combat with his 1 wound Captain on his objective. But game went on to turn 7 and the lone plaguebearer was taken down by supportive assault by a sternguard unit. With nothing left on board for Daemons, I want to NVM again also cannot la. lolz
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5270

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 am

It just not your day.. Was it a Knockout Tournament?

So it's Quake.. Laughing Laughing But I thought he play CSM..
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5366

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 am

man that was a bad 1st round.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 am

LordAK wrote:
It just not your day.. Was it a Knockout Tournament?

So it's Quake.. Laughing Laughing But I thought he play CSM..

apparently the Singaporean folks always associate his army with Chaos. So since he was playing Space Marines, they branded him as Chaos Space Marines.
Thus, the confusion. lol.

Funny that after the tournament at 9pm, he complained that Space Marines cannot play competitively. I just say that he was not building his list right.
So to prove the point after we went back to Chris' place at 11pm after dinner, I was forced to build a Space Marine 1750pts army and pit it against Quake's Daemons since Daemons are branded cheese army.
It was my first time building an army for Space Marines. Thanks to the many encounter with them in KL from my fellow gamers, I roughly build 1 and managed to win his Daemons. Now that would keep him quiet for awhile. lolz

Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4668

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 am

Hi Joe,

You did well lar... and the way you write ur first game was cool. Respect the cool composure...

On another note, I find the SM librarian odd... how can a librarian that just arrived via drop pod generate warp powers and cast null zone? I had thought that warp powers are generated at the start of the turn before reserves or deep strike... Correct me if I'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 am

If that's true then I got conned! Lol
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 am

BLee wrote:

On another note, I find the SM librarian odd... how can a librarian that just arrived via drop pod generate warp powers and cast null zone? I had thought that warp powers are generated at the start of the turn before reserves or deep strike... Correct me if I'm wrong...

O.o
if what you say is true, deep-striking psykers is a null tactic!!! *gasp!*

Zoanthropes in a Mycetic Spore ARE USELESS!!!
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 am

nahh... it says they automatically generates those warp tokens.
so since no condition is mentioned, it was a valid strategy from my opponent. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

Honor Points : 5216

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 am

The power is used at the start of the Librarian's shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
http://gluedmyfingers.blogspot.com
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:05 am

Points to remember is that everything that happened at the start of the turn must be done before movement.

The only exception was Logan Grimnar's The High King special rules which was FAQed so he can used it upon entering from reserves.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

So.... does a psyker get their Warp charge?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Yes they do
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4668

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 am

Thanks guys...

I just tot that Libby's do not get warp charge since they were not in play at the beginning of the turn. But if it is clarified that they do then that's great...

DP Libby with avenger can now really toast MEQ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 am

Then also can.. I always wonder why nobody use that spell.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 am

Some pictures I would like to share when we went to Chris Koh's home at JB.
We arrived very late at night there and were like zombie mode. But once entered his house, we were fully awake! And this is why....

S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2168ph

His gaming table in the living hall
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2170w

His studio
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2169vs

His kitchen, notice the paint pots above the sink. lol
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2171ub

His armies everywhere!
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2172d

Soul Grinders on top of the fridge.
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2173s

The back room
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2174f

His black library at the back room
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2175y

And above, the bigger guest room that I slept in. Minis since Rouge Trader everywhere!
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2202nc
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2203h

This is another room the Ong brothers occupied. Lots of unopened boxes of minis! They have been labeled to be used for which army of his.
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2204r
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2205mm
S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Img2206vu

INSANE!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S'pore road trip, anyone?   S'pore road trip, anyone? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

S'pore road trip, anyone?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next