Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arzmi
Recruit
Recruit
Arzmi

Honor Points : 4546

Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company Empty
PostSubject: Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company   Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:46 pm

For this year’s Legio throwdown I am planning to make a very cannon Garro’s 7th Great Company, particularly those heroic few who remained loyal to the Emperor until their bitter end. Before making my list I did a lot of inter-webz soul searching and found these few information which I found would be awesome to follow.

-As much as Nathaniel Garro is ‘The Man’, before he became the true hero he was only but a Captain in Death GGuard before getting promoted to Battle-Captain; which in that time wasn’t as high in ranking but awesome sexy nonetheless.

-The total number of Garro’s 7th Great Company which remained loyal was but only 70 astartes not including himself and his command squad.

-Death Guard main tactics relies heavily on heavy-infantry armies and war of attrition.

-Death Guard does not prefer the use of assault squads [damn and those models had looks sexy], and neither did they prefer any sort of vehicles.

-On the Eisenstien, Garro had his command squad with him; Maric Voyen [apothecary], Solun Decius [battle brother who succumbed to the nurgle rot triggering the most emotional bro-mance event]
Back to top Go down
Arzmi
Recruit
Recruit
Arzmi

Honor Points : 4546

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company   Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Right then, with those few info this is what my list looks like.

Battle Captain Nathaniel Garro [Centurion] 120
-Master of Signal
-Libertas [powersword]
-Artificer armor
-Refractor field

3 Legion Command Squad 135
-2 Combat shields
-1 Power sword
-1 Power fist

Elites
Maric Voyen [apothecary] 65
-Power sword
-Artificer armor

Troops
20 Legion Tactical squad 280
-Legion Vexilla
-Power sword
-Artificer armor

20 Legion Breacher Siege Squad 420
-4 Meltaguns
-Legion Vexilla
-Power fist
-Artificer armor

Fast Attack
10 Legion Seeker Squad 310
-4 Combi-melta
-Power sword
-Artificer armor

Heavy Support
10 Legion heavy Support Squad 335
-10 missile launchers
-Flak missiles

10 Legion heavy Support Squad 335
-10 missile launchers
-Flak missiles

2000pts on the dot. As i still have a few models to gets, the list isnt final but i really like how close i managed to get the army with the cannon. im sure there are a lot of weaknesses in the list but id be very happy to hear from you guys. Cookies and milk will be provided.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company   Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 am

Waah.. 10 Missiles in a squad. Not sure what else to comment coz most of us dont have the Horus Heresy rulebook Smile

Might be usefull if got description of what the unit can do. What the upgrade do, what's this or that and so on..
Back to top Go down
khairul
khairul

Honor Points : 4581

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company   Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 am

Bro, that is a super sexy themed list. All infantry Death Guard with no vehicles. I love it!!

I say change the second unit of heavy to have 10 lascannons. Variety la sikit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company   Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company Empty

Back to top Go down

Horus Heresy Garro's 7th Great Company
Page 1 of 1