Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!

Go down 
+8
dif2find
shaun
Dr-DOOOM!!!
CikguDin
dann.toh
Paxter
AznJake
LordAK
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6437

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:10 am

Yup.. and many people didn't see them as a greater threat. In result, they are free to do their job most of the time, and survived till the end on the game. Their best kill so far is a full wound Dante and Mephiston (during Kindred III). My DE never leave home without them Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:03 am

I had a game vs Din's tourney list. I used the list posted above, the only difference was both ravager having Disintegrator Cannons instead of Lances.

The game was Big Guns Never Tire, Nightfighting and my DE goes 1st.

Hightlights:
- My Archon and his Incubi retinues sped forward 12+6+18 inches towards Corteaze and his Inquisitorial Psyker unit. My other unit attempted 1st Blood by targetting Coteaz Rhino but all failed miserably with roll of 1 and 2.
- Came Din's turn, he easily destroyed Archons Raider, claiming 2 Incubis from the explosion. Then Necron warriors shoot and got through the Archons Shadow Field (he failed on teh very 1st save he made that day!). The Inquisitorial PSyker then shoot large blast S9 AP1 at them, killing everyone from that unit + the Archon (failed LOS). 2 VP for the Necron+GK alliance in the 1st turn Shocked
- Void Raven destroyed a Psyfledread (2st Turn) and the Doom Scythe (3rd Turn) before went down to Tesla shot to the rear by a Night Scythe.
- It was a bloody battle. By the end of the game, I had only 2 infantries left (Trueborn), 1 Ravager and 4 Raider. Din on the other hand, still has the Overlord, Coteaz and a Callidus Assassin.

Result : Din win by 5VPs (FB, StW, 1 Objective (Overlord got scoring Traits), 2 Heavies) to DE 2VPs (2 Heavies)

I did took some pictures, but got no time to edit and post. Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6157

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 am

sounds like a OP list indeed to be able to take on your DE there. scarrrrryyyyy
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 4996

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 am

Nothing OP about it. His rolls were kinda really sucky on that particular table, at least in the 1st 2 rounds.

I suffered a lot of casualties mainly because my reserves failed to arrive on time. Assassin came in on Turn 4! Memang kacau! Otherwise I'd be able to handle those pesky Trueborn units much sooner.

At least she destroyed 1 DE Warriors unit & 1 Trueborn unit.

Another thing I learned is that if there's an enemy Flyer on the table, then I'd better take it down fast, especially if my own flyer manages to arrive.

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:01 am

I really like the Eldar codex. Phil Kelly seems to make this codex really work in hand with their Dark cousin. So I was thinking to add some element into my Sun Pirates. This is the 1st draft.

Duke Sliscus
Illic Nightspear
Haemonculus
20 DE Warriors | 2 Splinter Cannon
Major thing is that this unit benefit from Infiltrate + Shrouding from Illic. Now I can deploy them where ever I want after enemy deployment. Their survivability increase with Shrouding and FnP. Prefered enemy against Necrons would also comes in handy when dealing with the pesky undead Smile

2 x 3 Trueborn | 2 Splinter Cannon (Venom | 2 Splinter Cannon)
My standard trueborn unit. They almost always survived battles. Not that I care much about them.

2 x 8 Wyches | Agoniser, Haywire Grenades (Raider with Lance, Enhanced Aethersails)
Standard harrasment units. They haven't had much luck in the few games of 6th Ed. I wanna try them again a few time.

5 Rangers
I want the cheaper jetbike. But Rangers are more in line with Illic. Snipers with BS4 isn't so bad I think.

Crimson Hunter Exharch | Marksman Eye
Ultimate Tank Hunter and Character Killer with 4 S8 AP2 shots at BS5, reroll armour penetration and Precision Shots on 5+. But at 190 pts and AV10.. hmm. Hopefully it can pay the butchers bill before crashing down.

3 x Ravagers | 3 Lances, Nightshield
Standard DE Heavy Support. I want some DCs, but tengok dulu lah what happen after few games.

Wraithknight
Who wouldn't like this Ultraman. Fast, strong, High Initiative, long range S10 weapons, 5 wounds. He can even act as Guardian to my line since I have nothing strong in the list to fill that role. The only drawback is gila mahal RM-wise!! Untill I have enough money, I'll proxy him with my son's Ultraman (not sure the Ultraman is big enough or not Laughing)

Total : 1999

This is just the 1st draft. How was it?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 am

The list looks solid with Illic giving infiltrate and shrouding to the warriors. Might want to copy it too. lol

Keep the crimson hunter cheap. 

Might want change the wyches to 3 units of 5 warriors in venoms. Can add more firepower.

Wraithknight is a no brainer gay ultraman. Who wouldn't play 3 of them if got the chance? luckily they are expensive $$$ wise. lol
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:51 am

Quote :
Wraithknight is a no brainer gay ultraman.
I like that phrase Laughing

Quote :
Who wouldn't play 3 of them if got the chance?
I wouldn't. Not even if it is not as expensive. Enough lah with 1.

Illic is very nice.. Infiltrate without the usual Infiltrate limit plus Shrouding. Imagine what you can do with a Coven list.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:06 am

his infiltrate how wan? not usual one?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:04 am

His can Infiltrate anywhere on the battlefield, regardless of enemy proximity. Meaning he can Infiltrate 1 inch away even!

But I just realize my Infiltrate combo wasn't so legal --> If one guy in a unit has Infiltrate, the whole unit can Infiltrate. BUT a unit cannot Infiltrate with IC that don't have Infiltrate Special Rules.

So:
Illic + DE Warriors = can Infiltrate
Illic + DE Warriors + Sliscuss + Haemonculus = cannot Infiltrate because Sliscuss and Haemonculus dont have Infiltrate special rules.

At least that is how I read lah.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:13 am

That's correct. But is still deadly having so many guys infiltrating so up close to the enemy line. 
Maybe can have something like CC-oriented unit to go with Illic to harass enemy's weak units. 1st turn assault possible? 

If cannot charge on the 1st turn, then I would opt for wraithguards with their wraithcannons. Durable and threatening. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:21 am

cant charge in turn 1 la
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:25 am

@Pax : That is why Joe opt for Wraithguards. But for CC unit, going 2nd also not so bad since got Shrouding. Deploy in cover, that is easily 3+ or 2+ cover against the 1st shooting phase. Come next turn --> assault!!

@Joe : Yup.. Wraithguards with either Wraithcannon or D-Scythe (template of DOOOOM!) would be good.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5241

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 am

actually can ah? looking at the rules, isn't the rule lost because the unit doesn't have infiltrate? Cuz everybody must have the rule kan?

Infiltrate is marked with an * in the rulebook, and * '...are automatically lost by an IC joinging a unit that does not have the same special rule.'

unless i'm missing something here?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:33 am

suddenly 15 wyches unit is practical now. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 am

@Dann : It got that * mark eh? Aiseh.. then cannot lah hahaha. Cheh..
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:47 am

1st draft was a fail.. should have open the rulebook last nite. Back to the drawing board!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 am

I am interested with Autarch on Jetbike with Mantle of Laughing God. Give him a Fusion Gun or something and send him for harrasment.

He has T4, 3+ armor, 2+ cover (rerollable) and guns to play around with. Sounds like fun.
For Troops maybe 2x3 Windriders with 1 Shuricannon each.
Add a Crimson Hunter and Wraithknight.. 

That is just around 660 pts..
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:20 am

actually that was almost my exact build for my DE. lol

But from a tau Just be careful where u go cause ignore cover is a bitch.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:53 am

Yup.. Tau would just ignore all that hahaha..

I think I would try the 1st list dulu. They can't infiltrate but Shrouding still in effect so not so much of a lost. Sommore Illic's shot is always Precision Shots so can snipe enemy key model easily with his AP2 Distortion rifle. I drop the Haemonculus and take another Ranger unit instead.

So basically the list would be:

Sliscuss
Illic
2 x 3 Trueborn | 2 SplinterCannon
20 DEW | 2 SplinterCannon
2 x 8 Wyches | Agoniser, Haywire (Raider - Aethersail)
2 x 5 Rangers
Crimson Hunter Exharch
3 x Ravager
Wraithknight
Total : 1999

I'll try against my RG-13th Co. tonight and see what happen.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 4996

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Take these combo la: Illic + Karandras + 10 Striking Scorpions including Exarch with Scorpion Claw, Monster Hunter & Crushing Blow.

2+ & 3+ armor & Shrouded + Stealth & Fearless on top of 6 x S8 AP2 cc atks at I7 + 4 x S7 AP2 cc atks at I6..pehh!!
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 pm

That sounds like an Eldar list dy... not allies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:37 pm

@Din : Nice Idea.. but like Dann says.. that is Eldar list. Not Eldar Ally Hahaha..

The new Scorpion Claw is gila awesome.. Scorpion Exharch will tapau Marine Sargeants all the time..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:44 pm

That's Bloody scary wei!!!
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 pm

eh lord ak, just an update ah, the year end tourney is 1850
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:52 pm

I know oredi.. still thanks for that reminder.

Just that I really enjoy playing 2k (single FOC) now. Very fun.
When I visit HForge this weekend will sure bring 1850 pts one no worry Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next