Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am not really here

Go down 
+5
dann.toh
Tekanan
chilliaddict
limp83
Gliblit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gliblit

Honor Points : 4471

I am not really here Empty
PostSubject: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:48 am

Name: Dick
Game: Warmachine
Nationality: Khadoran

I received the email about the intention to shift the focus of the forum to more than just 40k and so here i am, again. I was never really active in the old forum, I am not much of a forum kind of guy, like the majority of the guys i game with... we are Facebook addicts Razz

But! I am really loving what i am seeing here, a non-shop affiliated, non-game specific free for all (war gaming) forum. AWESOME! I'll be stalking this place out often from now on.

For me, the hobby aspect trumps playing, i love to model and paint and basically getting my hands dirty. As for gaming, Warmachine is my game of choice for two reasons.

Firstly it is because of the relatively small army size (but not squad based 5 man team thing), which offers a decent selection of minis but not overwhelmingly large. The main point is that i will no longer have a paint Q of 50 orks anymore... Razz

Secondly it is the ease to get games, Jason and me have been helping with Friday Night Gaming at Comics Corner Damansara Jaya (Warmachine Malaysia) for a while now, and we are really thankful to the regulars that keeps on turning up every single Friday. Which means there is about 5 hours window weekly that i can just drop by and find an opponent to game with, without a date, without worries, without fail. And i have grew to love the community.

As for me personally, my involvement have moved from a shy stranger to a regular to a volunteer (we call ourselves Press Gangers). I have been assisting in the running of PP's Leagues for 2011, and will continue supporting the community however i can.

If there are anyone interested in Warmachine, do feel free to contact me. Or drop by at CCDJ (Friday: 7pm till late) to check the game out. Warmachine Malaysia is one of 3 active groups i know playing Warmachine, as we tend to play smaller size games, it might be an easier place for someone to learn the game.

I really love the idea of different games and different groups coming together. I'm certain Miniature War Gaming will benefit greatly from this. I hope there will be a united collaboration between groups and games in the future. So... Thumbs up and Thank you!

p.s. My office is shifting to the same industrial park as Legio soon Wink
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5019
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 am

=) Welcome dude!
It's good to see another system been covered in forum
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
chilliaddict
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4522

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 am

hey dude.. nice to see a warmachine player Smile where is this comic's corner anyways?
Back to top Go down
Tekanan
Recruit
Recruit
Tekanan

Honor Points : 4543

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Comics Corner Damansara Jaya is located at the place formerly known as Atria in Damansara Jaya. Just locate the corner where Dominos is and it is somewhat nearby!
Back to top Go down
http://ikdaily.blogspot.com
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5273

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:43 pm

welcome!
it would be nice to get a healthy community of wargamers, and I'm digging that we've got more warmachine gamers joining in now.

I'll make it a point to drop by CC one day and check out the warmachine scene Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gliblit

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words Wink

Dann any Friday evening would be good, just give me a buzz and i can be your personal guide for the day Smile

I will keep you guys posted on the happenings here. We do run the official Privateer Press leagues 4 times a year. And any other special events they have. PP have been doing a great job supporting the players with events.

Hope to get to know you guys better, and raid your brain for precious ideas soon.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6177

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:18 pm

yeap i would love to have more discussions on other wargames, There is an ocean full of wargames! not just gw products.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Gliblit

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 pm

I share your opinion. I use to be a 40k gamer way back in 2nd ed. Still love the settings and fluff.

Maybe we can sit down to Yam Cha one of these days, you guys are always welcome to drop by on Friday Wink One round of drinks on me. And i can introduce you to the rest of the gang.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

Honor Points : 4849

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:34 am

Very cool. I'll make it a point to drop by CC sometime soon. They carry the full Warmachine range there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.adeptusmalaysia.blogspot.com
Gliblit

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 am

Mr. Deathkorps,

CCDJ does carries a very very very very very very small range of WM items Razz

CCDJ is more of a place for Card Games and Board Games. But the owner who we lovingly call Uncle have graciously let us use the place for Warmachine on Friday nights.

Come try out the game, and i am sure the players will be able to point you in the right direction for purchases. Maybe you can even find a good deal second hand Wink

In the mean time Warmachine Malaysia's FB page is a good place to have have a peep at
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5369

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:50 am

Welcome to the the society.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
deathkorps
deathkorps

Honor Points : 4849

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:22 am

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the invite, but I'm usually at Legio Malaysia hobby nights on Fridays. It's a shame we don't have a regular Warmachine crowd- it would be fun to build and paint some tables and terrain specific to Warmachine... Maybe one of these days we'll give a shot. Regardless, thanks for the heads up- sounds like fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.adeptusmalaysia.blogspot.com
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4780

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:23 am

As a former employee of Comics Corner (CC), here are some quick info about them:

Headquarters is located in SS15, Subang Jaya. They're the main distributor for Graphic Novels in Malaysia, and also handled Action Figures, Card Games, Board Games and Fantasy Role-Playing Games too. They have two other branches, Damansara (which is considered as the Tournament Center) and Bangsar. The Damansara Branch at the moment, happened to be the place which supports the WM/H players the most.
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am not really here   I am not really here Empty

Back to top Go down

I am not really here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wargamers Malaysia :: Battlegrounds :: Battlegrounds & Profiles-
Jump to: