Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4913

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Empty
PostSubject: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Mantic is starting another miniature game, with the option to only buy sceneries for other wargames such as 40k, infinity etc..

I'm posting here in the hopes shop owners and clubs would be interested to support the kickstarter and populate their tables with these highly customisable terrains. I myself am contemplating about it but I do not own a 6x4 table and getting this for myself would be quite a waste.

What's nice about them is that it's not required to be glued together, so you won't be stuck with the same terrain if you wish to change to another.

Will be funded in June 2th and shipped in December 2013.

Kickstarter

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery 358fb10c0311c42fdf4cdd4085e6f61c_large
Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery 2a7e2c28e6679a84146c3f3cff72d21d_large
Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery 01a25060a481753cb7b89afc4d3c2277_large

Link to preview of the Scenery

Each sprue contains approximately 6 3"x3" tiles, allowing you to assemble them in a countless number of combinations using our innovative connector system.

You can customise your buildings using the large number of cool accessories such as railings, barricades, crates, barrels, ladders, supports and buttresses.

Scenery sprues are supplied unassembled and unpainted. Made in injection moulded plastic.

There are currently two level pledges for just getting the sceneries. Although they state you can build 4-12 terrains from the sprues, depending on what you want to build, there can be more.

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery 81bbc28ba4baaba8e07fe9b2ef0c1ffb_large
Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Efb8f2cf2078d9357500cebaa185a9ad_large

The next stretch goal would be Landing Pad Zones, there's a total of 4 different Battlezones so hope for more!

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Landing_platform_s
Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Landing_platform_sv2
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4957

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:17 am

I saw this on their site....but I am just wondering if they come pre-painted.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Not unless you're pledging 1000 dollars or more.

UPDATE: There are landing pads now, the two other type of sceneries were mentioned as Fortifications and Ruins. It's been stated that all this different types are compatible with each other, so it's possible to mix two different sceneries together.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Next stretch is a new Battlezone - Fortifications

Defence Aegis Line alternative?

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Scenery-Tiles_Gun-Bunker
Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Bunker-Walls-Concept-v2
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Haven't been updating cause of exams (tomorrow being the last one), but all of the goals for the scenery types have been unlocked, the last one being broken barricades.

But more importantly they gave us a 3D illustration of how much of the terrains will occupy the table. Below being 6' x 4', and it looks like A LOT.

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Abd035bf1c5ad71a62bfe6b1917130ef_large

There's still a few days to go, and I hope some of you do consider getting them.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:03 pm

its not that great tho, kinda becomes a bit messy and very repeatable. The one from spartan games really looks cool tho. Esp with all the accessories which will be great for kill team
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm

If it's used for a 40k game, you won't be expecting this much terrains anyway, how much terrain you want depends on you. What I'm pointing out is for the same total price, you can't satisfyingly fill even 25% of a table with GW terrains. Assuming you're pledging for this level, you can sufficiently cover more than just one table. You can choose a pledge or addons with less terrains if you want.

The illustration just shows one type of terrain used so it looks repetitive, but because it's customisable, you decide whether or not to make small scattered terrains or bigger buildings.

Spartan scenics at best is good for smaller games with its small connecting corridors and platforms. But other than that, I can't see how it's not repetitive compared to Mantic's. There's also accessories too included in the pledge.
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4969

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:09 pm

U can always get and donate to the shop...
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm

I probably share the cost if there's enough people. I'm not that generous, lol.
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4969

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Then perhaps u should start the ball rolling by setting a target and pledging your amount rather than ask others to get it. I m willing to chip in a bit.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery EmptyTue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Well it's really up to the shop owners or club members to ultimately decide what terrain they want for their table, I'm just giving a friendly suggestion to the 40k Malaysian community. They might not like the idea for whatever reason. It's also only going to be shipped in December and from UK which probably might deter our interest as it is a long time to wait.

However, if we do want to get it, I think we need at least 10 or more people to promise(lol) they will back it up for shop or club.

We then need to decide how many and what types to get. The $100 pledge is the most cost-saving option to go with (so if there are 10 people backing, each needs to pay at least RM85.5). There's add-ons from $25 to $185 (plus $5 for shipping) which either you can choose not pledge and get. Below is the list of add-ons provided.

Urban Fight
1 Battlezone of your choice – total of 4 Building Sprues, and
1 Connector Sprue.
$25

Urban Skirmish – covers a 2’x2’ gaming board.
2 Battlezones of your choice – total of 8 Building Sprues, 2
Connector Sprues PLUS 1 Accessory Sprues
$50

Urban Battle – densely covers a 2’x2’ gaming board.
4 Battlezones of your choice – total of 16 Building Sprues, 4
Connector Sprues PLUS 2 Accessory Sprues
$95 RM30 (each total 10 persons)

Urban War – covers a 6’x4’ gaming board.
8 Battlezones of your choice – total of 32 Building Sprues, 8
Connector Sprues PLUS 4 Accessory Sprues
$185
- RM57 (each total 10 persons)

Below is two different pledges available (already added $5 to shipping)

Urban Battlefield is the same as Urban Battle add-on.
$100

Urban Wargames Table
12 Battlezones of your choice – total of 48 Building Sprues, 12
Connector Sprues PLUS 6 Accessory Sprues
$285
RM85.5 (each total 10 persons)

The current BattleZone themes are:
- Core Worlds
- Landing Pad
- Fortifications
- Ruins

In any case, to avoid financial and technical problems, it's best not to leave the pledging solely to me since I don't have deep pockets to take risks. Though I'm up for backing for the places I frequent (for now just Hobby Forge but if Legio wants, I can support it too), cross my heart and all the jibber jabber promise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery   Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery Empty

Back to top Go down

Mantic's Collapsible Plastic Scenery
Page 1 of 1