Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4957

Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Alright guys this is happening in the School holiday from the 31st of May to the 9th of June. The event has intro gaming and painting for Games Workshop games as well as any board games. Besides this we have a few events that will be really cool for the more veteran hobbyists among us.

We have a painting competition:
Category: Open

Hand in anything you want from monsters to Armies to single models. The only restriction is a fantasy theme and the model cant be pre-painted Smile
Entries will be on display the whole week in a locked cabinet and have to be submitted before the 31st of May. I am arranging that we can leave the models in the Outpost for convenience. But it would be cool if the people joining will be there on the Sunday (9th) to receive their prize (or at least have a proxy)

On the 9th 3pm- 6pm we Will have a Huge Storm of magic Game. It will have no point restrictions and I will be Game Mastering it with a cool story. The idea is that you guys game on whilst small intro battles are being fought on small side tables. The results of these intro games will influence the main battle.

So why do we need you guys to join.

1. We will get all the scenery we make as a addition to all the scenery we have in the club. (this is all GW plastic scenery) I will make another realms of battle board with a dessert theme to suit the Tomb kings heavy battles being fought as well as a semi mountainous region for the Ogre players.

2. We have a great opportunity to help get some more people involved in the games we love and maybe sign up more people fro our Club.

3. It will be a great fun day out. For those that have kids there is a Warrior makeover session with Photo shoot. And there will be a Lord of the Rings Movie showing so you can game and have your family day out!

4. For those that want to help out intro gaming/painting especially on the Saturday or any other days before there is a small compensation in the form of models. So if you are free and want to help let me know in PM and ill help discuss the details.

So who is up for this?

By Tjerk Van Der Molen
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5016
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Hey Doc, few question regarding the painting competition, can you help to relay to organizer or provide organizer's contact (email, event fb address, etc etc) so we can ask our self?

1.) "The only restriction is a fantasy theme and the model cant be pre-painted", this is a paint on the spot event?

2.) Any brand of fantasy model, not GW exclusive?

3.) If this is not a paint on the spot kind of event, any chance we can mail our painted minis to participate =)?
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 4:56 am

@limp- Even I don't have much details coz I am in Taiwan now and I just 'copy&paste' the event from fb page.
But you can follow the post here and ask questions directly to the Judge.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248375055178944/648470105169435/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply
Back to top Go down
Captain Auben

Captain Auben

Honor Points : 4176

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I'll answer as best I can.

TJ made a slight error in the pre-painted part. It is not a paint on the spot event. You paint the models prior to the event and then display it at the event site (Queensbay Mall) for a week. End of it, somehow or another they'll decice on which one is best painted.

Not sure of the means and ways of deciding which model is best painted. But models need be physically placed there for the duration.

As I know it, models are GW specific. Haven't heard otherwise as yet.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) EmptySat May 25, 2013 2:05 pm

This is the link to the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/events/126359230899441/
Back to top Go down
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4576

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Check out Queensbay Mall's radio advertisement for the event on HItz.fm here:
https://www.facebook.com/ImagineGamesMY

Enjoy and help spread the joy of GW Warhammer Fantasy to all who visit QB Mall during the upcoming school holidays!
Back to top Go down
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4576

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:34 pm

For the Art of Warhammer Painting Contest, the figure must be Warhammer Fantasy, GW Lord of the Rings and/or GW Hobbit range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)   Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Epic Battles in Queensbay by Tjerk Van Der Molen(TJ)
Page 1 of 1