Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gothic Cathedral table

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

Gothic Cathedral table Empty
PostSubject: Gothic Cathedral table   Gothic Cathedral table EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey guys wondering If you wanna help me in a project I am doing for Legio (surprise!) I am planning to buy some sets from pegasus hobbies namely their gothic cathedral set. I think It will be awesome for future mega battles and just a very cool real urban battlefield. And like a real Actual live scale of what a 40k structure should look like. Either go with one huge structure within a structure with defensive walls etc or just multiple buildings like a imperial complex with catwalks etc.

From what I was thinking the backstory can be something like this - "It was a major cathedral and Imperial Archive that is under attack from the forces of chaos." so the cathedral will needs its roofs blown up with a huge hole in the middle to reflect the serious damage and also to assist with the practicality of moving our minis...

but,

I need ur help tho. I will admit I am a bad painter and terrain modeller so I need those with experience to come and meet and discuss maybe next week at legio on how we are going to build them. And what we will need to build it. Donations are super welcome. If you game In legio kasi la $$$ sikit or in materials :PI will attach some links and pics of what other people have done with the pegasus gothic kit. Of course we wont go the extreme of what they did at adepticon la wherby they made a huge diorama using their product.

Adepticon 2010
Gothic Cathedral table 93203_md-Adepticon%202010,%20Cathedral,%20Terrain,%20Warhammer%2040,000

Gothic Cathedral table 94656_md-Adepticon%202010%2C%20City%2C%20Pegasus%2C%20Terrain

Gothic Cathedral table 94654_md-Adepticon%202010%2C%20Pegasus%2C%20Terrain

Other references
Gothic Cathedral table Picture+052

Gothic Cathedral table DSC_0392

Gothic Cathedral table Cath1

What we will need. (donations)

pegasus hobbies website
x2 Gothic City Buildings Large Set $32.99 x3 $98
x3 Gothic City Buildings Small Set $31.99 x3 $93
x3 Gothic City Ruins Set $21.99 x3 $63

street lights
x4 Victorian Street Lamps $6.00x4 - $24

What we end up is at 278usd but with shipping it prob end up around 1k. Which is where the donations comes in. If I can get some help even 5-10 guys n split it that would mean each pay between 100-200 if more even better.

To make it even more awesome but not fully required is if we add some gw stuff in

Imperial Strongpoint x1 - for the defences. And using the two Bastions and the fortress kit to build like a imperial base of sorts beside the cathedral
Fortress of Redemption x1 - The huge angel thing is the reason we would need it cause It will really make the cathedral look very imperial
Honoured Imperium x1 - the huge space marine statue and ruins will help make it more imperial
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Cathedral table   Gothic Cathedral table EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Nice idea! I'll be at hobby nite next week. Let's talk
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Cathedral table   Gothic Cathedral table EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:17 pm

yea, Hopefully it gains a bit more traction. Cause it would be cool to have a legio centre piece terrain that will look damn right amazing.

Lightbulb. Should add a legio insignia on the building n a plaque somewhere with all the donators and contributors Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Cathedral table   Gothic Cathedral table Empty

Back to top Go down

Gothic Cathedral table
Page 1 of 1