Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6148

Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider Empty
PostSubject: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:43 am

Wondering this has been covered.
Thinking whether can we have let's say a unit of Terminators purchased with its dedicated Land Raider, but have the Terminators deep strike in instead while the Land Raider is left empty deployed on the board.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4919

PostSubject: Re: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:44 am

Only you can spot these grey areas....lol Smile
Nothing mentioned in the rule book but the word 'dedicated' itself must be taken in context.

My personal opinion, I will say cannot. But, I guess some cheesy players will go on arguing about it for hours about it.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6136

PostSubject: Re: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:54 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 am

This has been clarified able to do so. Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

PostSubject: Re: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:59 am

I don't see a problem with doing it. On pg 171 of the BGB, it says 'Units may deploy in transport vehicles if you wish -'

So go ahead, deep-strike them. The only thing to note is, only the unit that bought the dedicated transport can be deployed inside the transport. However, another unit can embark on the transport later in the game.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:32 am

yea... that's what I found out too. my new World Eater list gonna chain ride the transport. lol

Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4919

PostSubject: Re: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:57 am

Nice.
I remember in the old Tau Codex where there was an entry for Pathfinders that they have to take a Devilfish as a dedicated transport.
But since they were carrying markerlights (heavy weapon) they couldn't effectively use it in the first or second turn. Only way was to deploy them outside the Devilfish from turn one, which many Tau players did.
In view of this, I guess Troops don't really have to be embarked on the dedicated transports that they have bought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider   Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider Empty

Back to top Go down

Deepstrike and Dedicated Empty Land Raider
Page 1 of 1