Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4639

4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts   Empty
PostSubject: 4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts    4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts   EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:54 am

Was bored with my initial list and decided to try something different to change perspective and try something new. I made this list to ease myself to play SOB and of course paint more of them...

UM - 1,320pts
HQ:
Captain – RB + SS + AA
Librarian - FA + SS + TA

Troops:
Scout Sqd (5) – Snipers, ML, Camo
Scout Sqd (5) – Snipers, ML, Camo

Elites:
Tac Termies (10) - PS&SB, CF (4), CML (2)

Fast Attack:
Assault Sqd (10) - CS&SB, Flamers (2), Mb

Heavy Support:
Vindicator - SB

SOB - 430pts
HQ:
St Celestine

Troops:
BS Sqd - PS&Bolter
> Rhino <

Heavy Support:
Exorcist

Fortification - 100pts
ADL - Quad Gun

It was a relatively underpowered list with no melta or lascannons. A lone Quad Gun will not scare fliers either. It had assault elements but then again, they have no delivery system. I can not out shoot most armies but then again when I came up with this list, I could hardly be bothered... Was just really bored and of course I wanted to get myself to paint some SOB as a change...

I had a first game with a relatively new-old player the other day. It was a Space Wolf army with;
- 3 Grey Hunter Sqds (10 men each)
- 1 Blood Claw Sqd (15 men)
- 1 Dreadnought (Assault Cannon + DCCW with SB)
- 1 Annihilator Pred
- 1 Long Fang Sqd
- 1 Rune Priest (attached to a GH sqd)
- 1 Wolf Priest (attached to BC sqd)
- 1 Pack Leader (or something like that... it was the 2nd name on the summary page at the back of the codex) with 4 Wolf Guard as retinue

He had no transports and had a mash of plasmaguns, meltaguns and power weapons here and there. They were a bit tough to keep tract but whateverlah... I just wanted to game and game we went...

4 hours later... I won the Relic with FB + LB. He had STW. Score was 5 : 1.

From the game, here were some funnies...
1) Tac Termi Sqd (5) charges BC with WP > lost 4 termis and had to fall back. Sgt. was then shot down next turn. lol!
2) Assault Sqd (10) shoots BC with WP > 15 flamer hits, 5 pistol hits but after to wound and armour save... no casualties... lol!
3) Assault Sqd (10) charges BC with WP > after some bish bashing (3 fight phases) the BC with WP wins with the Sgt., WP and 2 BCs... lol!
4) Vindicator was ineffective > Rd 1 night fight so nothing in range; Rd 2 large blast scattered very far away (I rolled a 12); Rd 3 got shaken; Rd 4 destroyed! lol! 
5) Captain > was challenged and assaulted by the Pack Leader who had a frost axe... roll for 4 invul saves > 1-2-1-4... died in 1 combat rd lol! 
6) Librarian > after much walking, got into Avenger range and toasted 5 GHs in one go... lol! 
7) St. Celestine > got ignore for the Rd 1 & 2 by the SW... Rd 3 toasted and assault the LF forcing them to run; Rd 4 toasted and assaulted a GH Sqd nearby and locking them; Rd 5 & 6 locked LF Sqd (1 Sgt) and another GH Sqd (2 man) lol!
Cool Exorcist > got shot at a bit but ADL's cover helped a lot... Rd 1 and 2 did nothing much but consecutive rounds did amazingly... took out 1 Dread (1 HP), 1 Pred (3 HP) and killed 4 WG termies (over 2 rounds)

Dang... the girls were doing way better than the speessh mahreens....
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6437

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts    4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts   EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:50 am

The ladies should be primary!
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5340

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts    4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts   EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Quite interesting. Gives me an idea to build an IG list w heavy grrl power support
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 4996

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts    4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts   EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:10 am

Yep, i'd suggest to keep the girls as primary. Very few active players using SOB, so it would be very interesting to see one in tournaments & friendly games.
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4639

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts    4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts   EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 am

Will try to paint up another sqd or two and probably complete my Immolator... I'm still worried about the UM army though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts    4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts   Empty

Back to top Go down

4th Co. UM + Order of the Bloody Rose - 1,850pts
Page 1 of 1