Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ignores cover? Maybe not...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4931

Ignores cover? Maybe not... Empty
PostSubject: Ignores cover? Maybe not...   Ignores cover? Maybe not... EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 am

Interesting gem i saw.

Ignores Cover - Cover saves cannot be taken against WOUNDS caused by weapons with the Ignores Cover special rule.

So can a vehicle takes a cover save against a weapon with Ignores Cover special rule?
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6136

PostSubject: Re: Ignores cover? Maybe not...   Ignores cover? Maybe not... EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 am

This has came up a number of times. Although its quite debatable that why just wounds are susceptible to ignore cover and a huge tank suddenly is fine. Or in gaming terms its logical to mark 20 grots with 2 markerlights to ignore cover, but I cant ignore a land raiders cover. N if its because its a moving target how come I can ignore cover on jetbikes but not a dreadnought...

GW is kinda renown for lack of clarity or typo check in all their rules... like inv saves are for wounds, so does that mean the heldrake cant take inv saves? lol

If you follow the book yes it sounds that way. But logically....

vehicles take cover saves exactly like a non-vehicle model would do against a Wound (for example, a save of 5+ for a wood and so on. So if an attack wouldn't allow a non-vehicle model a cover save against a wound for any reason, a vehicle can't take a cover save against it either.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4919

PostSubject: Re: Ignores cover? Maybe not...   Ignores cover? Maybe not... EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:25 pm

I agree with Pax, where does it say that vehicles can ignore 'Ignore cover saves' rule?
This rule should apply to vehicles too coz it is the specialty of the weapon itself(or it's bullets).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignores cover? Maybe not...   Ignores cover? Maybe not... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ignores cover? Maybe not...
Page 1 of 1