Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
almond
Private
Private
almond

Honor Points : 3941

Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:52 am

Shades with great weapons? Interesting... I'm still tooling my list for this week.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6438

PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Yup.. Coz in our game, they could've killed your BSB if they had great weapons Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:43 am

CRONE HELEBRONE

Crone Hellebrone is truly a monster in close combat with 7-9 S10 attacks ASF. With rerolls to hit and Murderous Prowess, she will definitely kill whoever brave enough to challenge her. Had only two games with her and she already did exceptionally great killing a Great Fire Dragon (8 wounds) and a Star Dragon (7 wounds). But she is not without any weakness. Without any saves at all, she is just so easy to kill with step up rules.

This is where the Cauldron of Blood comes into play. It gives her a 5+ ward saves and the Terror effect at -3 Ld due to Cry of War. Forcing the enemy to hit on 5+ will reduce the number of hits, therefore reducing the number of wounds to be saved by that 5+ ward save. The only problem is Cannonballs as the thing can easily destroy the Cauldron and Crone Hellebrone at the same time.

I play her and the Cauldron inside a block of Black Guards with Razor Banner. The Cauldron may give the unit Frenzy, plus a passive bonus of 6+ ward (not much, but can be handy) and reroll to wound (superb!), making the unit even better at killing things and stay a bit longer on table.

I don't really like Helebrone model, as the hairstyle is like a certain Datin Seri. But the Cauldron is my favourite, a truly genius creation by GW.

That's all about Crone Hellebrone from me. Wanna see her on table, come.. let us fight.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 12:34 pm

whats a step up rules?
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:07 pm

In previous ed. If I killed all guy at the front ranks, it will reduce the number of attack coming from the enemy.

Say Hellebron is fighting a block of swordsman 5 wide x 6 deep and killed 9 models:

In 7th - no one can strike back as the the attack killed everyone in the front rank.

In 8th - the number of attack from the enemy does not reduce (provided the have more model) than casualties as the remaining 21 swordsmen can step up to the front, replacing their fallen comrade and strike back at Hellebrone and her unit.

That is the step up rules.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 am

I had two games with the list below:

Morathi
Master - BSB, Cloack of Twilight (3+ Ward vs Missiles and Magic, Killing Blow and cause D3 Multiple Wound) , lance, Full Armour (1+ Armour), Dark Pegasus
Sorceres - Lvl 2 (Shadows), Dispell Scroll

25 Black Ark Corsairs - Full Command
25 Dreadspear - Full Command
5 Dark Riders - Musician, Repeater Crossbow
5 Dark Riders - Musician, Repeater Crossbow

5 Shades
20 Black Guards - Full Command, Banner of Swiftness (+1 to Movement)
5 Cold One Knights - Full Command, Gleaming Pennant (Reroll 1st Failed Ld Check)
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
War Hydra - Flame Breath (S4 breath weapon)

Had two games:
1. vs Beastmen (experimental with no minotaurs) - win
2. vs Orc & Goblins (BSB lord and Gigantic Spiders) - win
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:04 pm

I had a very fun game versus a Warrior of Chaos army last night.

The WoC army had..
A Lvl 4 Tzeentch Metal Wizard Lord on Demonic Steed,
A BSB on Demonic Steed,
23 Tzeentc Warriors
2 units of Warhounds
Nurgle Chariot
Gorebeast Chariot of Nurgle
2 units of 3 Khorne Skullcrushers
A Chimaera

The list was scary with strong magic and fast heavy hitters. My plan was to stay away and deploying first in "Meeting Engagement" scenario gave me chance to do some damage with shooting and magic before the WoC made their move to close in.

But the WoC seized the initiative and deny me the advantage I had. By the end of the Movement Phase, the Chaos forces was then ready for 2nd turn combat.

In his eagerness to win, the Lvl 4 Wizard Lord casted the "Glittering Robe" spell with more power then he can handle and was sucked into the warp by a 'Dimensional Cascade'.

The WoC was still strong without their General to lead and reaped a bloody toll upon the Dark Elves forces. But with no one to stop Morathi and her Dark Magic, they were slowly defeated by the Dark Elves who were constantly aided by the 'Word of Pain' spell. The Dark Elves manage to hold against the charge, and even sent the enemy running back towards their line.

While attempting to manifest the 'Word of Pain' for the 3rd time, Morathi casted with Irresistible Force and lost 3 Magic Level from the Miscast, together with the knowledge of that particularly usefull spell. The effect of the spell however, allowed the Dark Elves to defeat the large block of Chaos Warriors by a huge margin. The enemy break and was destroyed by sweeping advance. Among the casualty was the BSB.

With Morathi out of her element, I had to depend on my Lvl 2 Shadow Sorceress to deal with the last 2 enemy unit, the Skullcrushers of Khorne. My Reaper Boltthrowers managed to kill one and badly wounded the other. But even then the 2 units managed to destroy my Knights and later the War Hydra.

Combination of the 'withering' and luck allowed my Corsairs to hold them back in time for my BSB and what remains of the Dark Elve Warriors to prepare a rear and flank charge, destroying them in the later turns of the game.

The Dark Elves win. But it was a bloody fight. By the end of the game, I was left with..
Morathi that was rendered useless as a Lvl 1 mage with Soulstealer
Lvl 2 Sorceress
BSB
A Dark Rider unit that did nothing throughout the game due to the nasty 1+ armour of the Skullcrushers
3 Shades that was lucky to survive a fight against some dogs
12 Dark Elf Warriors
2 Reaper Boltthrowers

The Warriors of Chaos was strong. It was a great fun indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!   Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreadlord Akkarin Marches To War!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wargamers Malaysia :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Battle standards of War-
Jump to: