Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5341

Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier Empty
PostSubject: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:53 am

After many many months of playing nothing but Eldar, and with the Windriders pretty successful in their brand of super-fast, aggressive, agile, space elven deadliness, I'm feeling the mon-keigh itch again.

The last time I played IG, it was with a very aggressive infantry-heavy assault platoon anchored force. And in a couple months' time, the AirCav will be coming into action. And the one IG army that I haven't touched in a long time is the mechanized infantry. So I'm bringing them back. Slightly tweaked from before, and with some Kriegsmarine goodness added in, courtesy of the AirCav project. So here it is, C Company, 6th Brandenburg Mechanized Infantry:

HQ:
Company Command (7) - CO w plasma pistol & power sword, 2 body guards, standard bearer, 2x flamer, meltagun
Chimera - multi-laser, heavy flamer

TROOPS:
1st Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, meltagun, 2x plasma guns, missile launcher
Chimera - multi-laser, heavy bolter

2nd Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, meltagun, 2x plasma guns, missile launcher

3rd Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, 2x meltaguns, plasma gun, missile launcher

4th Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, 2x meltaguns, plasma gun

5th Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, 2x meltaguns, plasma gun

FAST ATTACK:
Vendetta Squardron (2) - each w heavy bolters and lascannons

Devil Dog - melta cannon, multimelta

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Leman Russ Squadron (2) - each w battle cannon and 3 heavy bolters

Plan to bring this next Friday (29th). Should be fun. Quite a challenge too, with so many thin-skinned APCs.
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 am

chimera is armour 11 right?

sounds cool lets fight!
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6438

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:03 am

Front is 12 I believe..

Cool list.. not sure about the power level, but there's a lot of Ap1/2/3 in there.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 am

Chimera is 12/10/10. Amphibious. 5 guys can shoot out of it. Last time I played this list was back in 5th ed. Not easy. But should be fun. This version has a bit of close air support, which should help. Once again, I have no idea what the power level is.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 am

In 5th I remember my WE slaughter your troopers. There wasn't any Vendetta summore. But now in 6th, my WE would lost badly unless there's enough LOS blocking terrain on table.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Ya, WE was about the only one that slaughtered these guys back in 5th. I have a feeling 6th ed will not be friendly for these guys though. I fully expect to give away first blood (too many chimera). Anyways, I was looking at my IG models and I miss my Demolishers, so I've tweaked the list to include them, and managed to increase firepower slightly:

HQ:
Company Command (5) - CO w plasma pistol & power sword, 4x grenade launchers

TROOPS:
1st Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, meltagun, 2x plasma guns, missile launcher

2nd Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, meltagun, 2x plasma guns, missile launcher

3rd Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, 2x meltaguns, plasma gun, missile launcher

4th Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, 2x meltaguns, plasma gun, missile launcher

5th Vet Squad (10) - vet sgt w power sword, 2x meltaguns, plasma gun
Chimera - multi-laser, heavy flamer

FAST ATTACK:
Vendetta Squardron (2) - each w heavy bolters and lascannons

Devil Dog - melta cannon, multimelta

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Leman Russ Demolisher Squadron (2) - each w demolisher cannon and 3 heavy bolters
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:37 pm

You will lose 1st blood.. But TAed the rest hahaha..

I think my RG have better chance against this compared to WE. Take Inquisitor codex for the servo skulls.. That way you can prevent scouts move and infiltrators from being such a threat.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:13 am

Inquisitors? That's ok la. 1 more tweak to the list - I'm splitting the Demos and Vendettas into individual single-vehicle units. Forming them into squadrons might be good for survivability, but if I were the opponent, I'd shoot the easier Chimera first Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:48 am

Should be fun to play against, I am moving into gunline tau nowadays, you are, right bout target priority tho will be shooting down those chimeras first. In my last game with carl had to take out all his trukk he had 4 and 1 battlewaggon. Use the skyrays with a whole set of missile to stop all the trukks in turn 1 and the battlewaggon in turn 2. I had to do so or risk getting bludgeon to death by the orks... Considering the similarities of his army and yours need to disable the mechanized elements first. The flyers can wait cause I am very sure of downing those guys with the new list I have been playing lately.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Actually, now I'm thinking about bringing my 1750pt AirCav. It should be 90% done by next Friday
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:01 pm

I would love to be the first one to fight the air cav army. Vs so many fliers I doubt I will survive long enough tho! Although my new rvarna will look quite stupid when it faces your fliers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier   Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the 6th PanzerGrenadier
Page 1 of 1