Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chang Yee Fong

Honor Points : 4537

Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army   Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 am

Had three games this weekend with my new Empire army. I can only remember the last one. So this is what I played on my last game.

General of the Empire (2#, 409 pts)
1 General of the Empire, 409 pts (General; Hold the Line; Hand Weapon; Full Plate Armour)
1 Imperial Griffon (Bloodroar; Two Heads; Causes Terror; Flyer; Large Target; Swiftstride; Thunder Stomp)
1 Fencer's Blades
1 Talisman of Preservation

Knightly Orders (16#, 465 pts)
15 Inner Circle Knights, 465 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance & Shield; Full Plate Armour)
1 Preceptor (Hand Weapon; Lance & Shield; Full Plate Armour)
1 Steel Standard
16 Warhorse

State Troops (20#, 130 pts)
20 Halberdiers, 130 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Light Armour)

State Troops (10#, 140 pts)
9 Handgunners, 140 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Handgun)
1 Marksman (Hand Weapon; Hochland Long Rifle)

Celestial Hurricanum (3#, 130 pts)
1 Celestial Hurricanum, 130 pts (Chariot; Large Target; Swiftstride)
2 Acolyte (Hand Weapon)
1 Storm of Shemtek
2 Warhorse

Demigryph Knights (4#, 232 pts)
4 Inner Circle Knights, 232 pts (Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance; Full Plate Armour; Shield)
4 Demigryph (Armour Piercing; Causes Fear; Stomp)

Battle Wizard (1#, 135 pts) Lore of Heaven
1 Battle Wizard, 135 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 Staff of Sorcery

Battle Wizard (1#, 125 pts) Lore of Beast
1 Battle Wizard, 125 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 Dispel Scroll

Demigryph Knights (4#, 232 pts)
4 Inner Circle Knights, 232 pts (Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance; Full Plate Armour; Shield)
4 Demigryph (Armour Piercing; Causes Fear; Stomp)

First Game was against another Empire Player Stephane which I barely won by the skin of my teeth. Can't remember too much about that game other than the fact that he transformed his Wizard into a Great Fire Dragon and used it to kill my Halberdiers but before he could do more damage I was able to dispel it.

Second game was against Skaven Player Ipin. His list had the following things in his list.

Doom wheel
Screaming bell on a bunch of Clan Rats with a Grey Seer on it.
27 man Stormvermin with Queek Headtaker with BSB
5 Jezzails
Warp Lightning Cannon

1st turn His Jezzails shot at 1 unit of Demigryph knights killing one, they then failed their panic test and then ran 12 inches off the board giving him some those free points.

Then his Doom wheel shot at my Army General on the Griffon killing the Griffon putting my general on foot. I then charged his doom wheel with my second unit of Demigryphs killing it, next I charged his Screaming Bell Block killing about 13 Clanrats, but unfortunately I didn't realize that his Screaming bell makes his unit Unbreakable. So the Knights are stuck and could not move.

Next turn his Stormvermin charge my knights and kill only 3 guys (1+ armor save  I love you).

Eventually he wore down my knights, I was able to kill the Screaming bell but his Stormvermin block killed everything else I had in the table.

Last Game vs Peter Wongs High Elves.

Peter knew what list I had as he already saw me play against Ipin and so he tailored things a little but by having two level 2 Wizards with Lore of Metal. (1+ Armor Save  = 2+ to wound Crying or Very sad )

So his list had the following

Alith Anar
30 Swordmasters of Hoeth With BSB in the middle of that block
20 White lions of Chrace
2 Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers
20 Highelf Spearmen
5 Ellyrian Reavers
5 Ellyrian Reavers
8 Silver Helms
3 Level 2 Wizards - 2 Lore of Metal, 1 Lore of Life

I rolled for magic for Heaven and got Iceshard Blizzard and Harmonic Convergence, for Beast I got Transformation of Kadon and Wyssan Wildform.

So during deployment he used Alith Anar scouting to put him with 12 inches of my General on the Griffon. He had him inside a forest so I will take a Dangerous terrain test if I attack him.

1st Turn - I decided why not and charged Alith Anar with my General on the Griffon. I then tried to charge one of his units of Reavers with my Demigryphs he ran though and was able to get away. The rest of my army moved closer to his, but I deliberately kept enough distance from him so he would have to roll 11's or 12's on his turn to charge me. Alith Anar does 1 wound on my Griffon and my General and the Griffon both do 2 wounds on him but then I do my ThunderStomp which kills him.

His turn and he charges my Demigryphs with his Spearmen and 5 Reavers. I Run with my Gryphs and he redirects the Reavers into my General on the Griffon. He Spearmen fail the Redirect. The rest of his army marches and gets within charge range. My General and the Griffon makes short work of his Reavers.

2nd turn - My plan this game had been to force him to overextend his Calvary away from his Infantry so I can kill them in small groups. So this round I mostly do backwards with my army keeping the distance from his infantry high enough that they would again need 12's to charge. I rally the Demigryphs and then charge the spearmen in the flank with my general on his griffon. Magic Phase I roll 2 for the number of power dice. On top of that Peter gets 2 sixes on his channeling so he has 3 dispel dice to my 3 power dice. I don't cast any spells and rely on my General to just kill the Spearmen, which he does by breaking them and chasing them down. His turn he shoots my griffon with his boltthrowers reducing it down to 2 wounds. He forgot to his magic phase and went straight into shooting and close combat before he remembers. In either case he moves his army forward and in the process his Silver Helms and White Lions move to far forward.

3rd turn I charge the Silver helms with my Knights and the White Lions with my Gryphs. I take a calculated risk and charge his White Lions with my Wizards alone hoping to Transform him. The Knights make short work of his Silver Helms who breaks and I run them down but I rolled 12 on my movement so I charge straight into his Swordmasters at the same time. My Other Gryph units and the General moves into position to charge either the Swordmasters or the boltthrowers next turn. On my magic phased I rolled snake eyes again so not enough power dice to try to transform.  Crying or Very sad  He puts 6 white lions to kill my wizard and gets 4 hits and then rolls nearly all ones. My wizard takes one wound and survives this combat. My Gryphs do 9 damage total to his white Lions and they proceed to break and get run downed. I reform my Gryphs to get ready to charge his Swordmasters next round after his combat and my Wizard does the same.

His turn his swordmasters gets to strike first due to initiative and kills 14 of my knights before I can even strike. So my knights break and he catches them and then tries to charge into my Hurricanum at the same time. I run with the Hurricanum Sad 

4th Turn I decide what the hell again, and charge the back of his Swordmasters with my Wizard and 1 unit of Gryphs and the Griffon. My Halberdiers charge the flank of his Swordmasters, the other units of gryphs charge his Boltthrower. On my magic phase I rolled 5 and 1 so I get 7 power dice and he has 5 dispel dice. At that point I try to transform again to a Great Firedragon and I succeed.  bounce cheers. So let me see Ws8 Str 8 Att 8 along with 8 Attacks from General and his Griffon along with D6 Thunderstomp and 12 Demigryhs Attacks with 4 Stomp attacks in his rear and all my units within 6 inches of the Hurricanum. Along with 10 attacks from my halberdiers. We make short work of his Swordmasters. At the same time the Second Gryph Units kill one Bolt Thrower. At that point he concedes.

Fun weekend. 3 battles against 3 different armies great learning experience.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army   Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:59 am

Wow.. That sounds awesome.. Is the demigryph good?
Back to top Go down
almond
Private
Private
almond

Honor Points : 3969

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army   Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:26 am

Sounds like an awesome weekend. The Demigryph Knights sound like they pulled their weight and then some.
Back to top Go down
Chang Yee Fong

Honor Points : 4537

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army   Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 am

Yeap the Demigryphs is very good.

- stats removed due to potential infringement of GW's IP -

It's excellent value for it's points. WOC closest equivalent is Dragon Ogres and they cost 60 points for slightly worse stats. No other armies comes even closer in cost efficiency.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army   Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 am

Wow.. those are awesome stats. 2+ armour?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army   Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:58 am

only the Skullcrushers can come close to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army   Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekend Fantasy Games with my new 2k Empire army
Page 1 of 1