Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson Empty
PostSubject: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:52 am

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson _7735517_orig

Bought me a box of thunderers and went into painting em... the colours will be base on the dwarf hold of Karak Azul. You don't normally see green as the main colour for a dwarf army, and I don't have a green army so I decided to go for it.

Backstory
Karak Azul (meaning Iron Peak in the language of the Dwarfs) is a Dwarf Hold primarily devoted to mining. It is here that the richest deposits of iron and many other metals and minerals in the Old World can be found. Of course, the rich metal deposits have also given rise to a large metalworking community, and several of the ancient clans claim a descent from Grungni, one of the Ancestor Gods.

Karak Azul is the southernmost hold of the Dwarfs. This is presumably due to the concentration and accumulated skill and wisdom of the city’s many weaponsmiths and craftsmen. This has made Karak Azul not only a proud southern bastion of Dwarf resolve, but also a source of much fine armour and weaponry. Many great Rune weapons are crafted there thanks to the skill of one of its most famous residents, Thorek Ironbrow, and goods are carried to the rest of the Holds through hidden mountain trails and the Underway.

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson 6216

Reference
For references I went towards a more jade green look for my uniform instead of the plain green / dark green. with a more muted green for any banners and shields, I wanted green as a contrast color to light brown and gold as its second colour. I took some references to keep me focus to a set of colours.

The more elite they are the less green and more gold I will put into the model

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson Dwarf_general_standard_p_01

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson Dwar_king_01

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson Golden_guard_p_01

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson Dwarves_miners_set3_p01

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson Img4277760a80be9

Last edited by Paxter on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:55 am

Got my first test model took me just around 2 hrs to do. Btw ignore the green dot on the second pic I touch that up last night.

tonight I am trying my first attempt at batch painting 3 at a go. Prob end up doing them at HF tomorrow since I will be parking my ass there the whole day.

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson 484809_10151954989954582_1516133259_n

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson 1526355_10151954990019582_1948113842_n
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6437

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:45 am

Looks good. I'm busy with my Raven Guard now so have no time to do my Dark Elves. But if you wanna game, tell me.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 pm

bro baru 16 models how to game lol
Back to top Go down
almond
Private
Private
almond

Honor Points : 3940

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:28 am

Nice. I like how the green turned out. One can only wait for more dwarves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson 1544404_10151957978009582_1266196881_n
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:02 pm

Got me some significant reinforcements this week, I bought a battalion box and a unit of warriors to boost my core collection.

Now the model count stands at
x1 thane BSB (converted)
x39 dwarf warriors with great weapons and shields
x16 thunderers (hand gunners)
x24 quarrelers/rangers (crossbowmen) two units of 12 dwarfs
x10 miners
x1 cannon

Gonna use my week off to get as much as possible done. Apart from the above I will be taking a break from buying more till I get the new army book.

Back to top Go down
almond
Private
Private
almond

Honor Points : 3940

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:30 pm

Did you just cleaned out HF's Dwarf stock? Razz
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 am

Technically yes... have to say tho the batallion box was really worth it. Thing was the dwarfs were old stock and were much cheeper due to a better exchange rate n gw prices were not hiked yet, the batallion box was 310 for 32 warriors 16 thunderers/rangers and a cannon ^^
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:05 am

new dwarf king is strong.

I really like the new dwarf rules. Hatred against OnG and Skaven, and almost everyone. Dwarves really hold on to grudges hahaha
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:35 am

the full set of rules

Dwarven Rules:
Ancestral Grudge - hatred Skaven/Greenskins; everyone else has a chart.
Dwarf Made - Re rolls
Resolute - +1 Strength on the charge
Relentless - no leadership for marching close to an enemy
Shieldwall - +1 parry when charged
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Just finish off my DIY rune priest Rolf Eriksond ^^ working a little more on its hammer n basing after dinner

the-jolly-hobbit.blogspot.com/2014/02/rolf-eriksond-rune-priest-of-sacred.html
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 am

I'm liking the new dwarf rules.

Your Runepriest looks good!
Come fight my DE once the new Army Book arrives.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:14 am

hey thanks man!

its my diy rune priest since I had one spare warrior left use bits from all the other sprues to make him.

yeah the new dwarves rules are pretty awesome!

Ancestral Grudge - hatred Skaven/Greenskins; everyone else has a chart.
Dwarf Made - Re rolls
Resolute - +1 Strength on the charge
Relentless - no leadership for marching close to an enemy
Shieldwall - +1 parry when charged
Dwarves no longer have -1 to move when charging/fleeing.

^^
meaning my warriors with great axes in a charge is S7 LOL. Also the rune combinations sounds awesome +3 runes of fury you get +1A, Fury, And for every hit you get another attack.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 10:31 am

Yeah.. read the rumors at BoLS. Hopefully it is all true.

Quote :
meaning my warriors with great axes in a charge is S7 LOL.
For my Dark Elves, S7 isn't much difference then S6 since both also wound on 2+ and deny me my armour, even better coz you wouldn't be able to use your shield. But having S4 compared to your usual S3 do make quite a difference.

Quote :
Also the rune combinations sounds awesome +3 runes of fury you get +1A, Fury, And for every hit you get another attack.
Yeah that is awesome. With good WS and Hatred, your Dwarf Lord almost confirmed to double his attacks each and every time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson   Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson Empty

Back to top Go down

Saga of Dumin "Goblin splitter" Stromnisson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wargamers Malaysia :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Tomes of legends-
Jump to: