Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AHA! TOLD YA SO!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5276

AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty
PostSubject: AHA! TOLD YA SO!   AHA! TOLD YA SO! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:35 am

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/04/40k-knowledge-bomb-i-can-ride-bike-with.html

Quote :
Those players often then declare that Ghazghkull is leaving the unit to trudge ahead. Let's say for instance that he moves 4". They then take the boy unit he was with and moves them up '6 and re-attaches Ghaz to them. This is not legal....
Back to top Go down
redeye84

redeye84

Honor Points : 4505

AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHA! TOLD YA SO!   AHA! TOLD YA SO! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 am

Somebody tried to conveniently remember rules that favor them and forget those that doesnt?
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4783

AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHA! TOLD YA SO!   AHA! TOLD YA SO! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:09 am

@red: this issue was heavily discussed in the old forum, and there wasn't a decisive conclusion about it..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4919

AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHA! TOLD YA SO!   AHA! TOLD YA SO! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 am

Still not an faq, but the comments are quite convincing. So far I haven't seen one favouring the slingshot maneuver though.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6472

AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHA! TOLD YA SO!   AHA! TOLD YA SO! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 am

There are legal slingshot if you know how to. But the example given is not a legal one and I care not to elaborate any further.

Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4919

AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHA! TOLD YA SO!   AHA! TOLD YA SO! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 am

Of course there are other ways to do it, I'm just saying the comments just shows that more people do not approve of it. The article itself have not given in depth details on that issue, like not even stating why it's not legal.

One particular comment suggests you can only intend to either join or leave the same unit, and that intention carries on for the rest of the movement phase, indicating you can't change that intention at the end of the phase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHA! TOLD YA SO!   AHA! TOLD YA SO! Empty

Back to top Go down

AHA! TOLD YA SO!
Page 1 of 1