Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!

Go down 
+4
T.Hijiri
darthpoke
Akshay A.
imagine.games
8 posters
AuthorMessage
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4578

New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  Empty
PostSubject: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:26 pm

The full range of new Citadel paints have arrived and will be on their way to the following stores this week:
- Comics Mart.
- Game Forge.
- Hobby Forge.
- Toybox.
- Warp Space.

Each of these stores (except Game Forge) will also have a customized red painting station and a selection of 17 paints from the new range for you to try out! Just ask!

Finally, if you are looking for a conversion chart between the old Citadel Colors and new ones, it is available from this month's White Dwarf or online from GW.

Happy painting!
Back to top Go down
Akshay A.

Akshay A.

Honor Points : 4483

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Iv'e actually heard from random forums here and there that the conversion chart for the new paints isa bit of.

Please correct me if i'm wrong
Back to top Go down
darthpoke
darthpoke

Honor Points : 4550

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:17 am

Hey Ashkay, you're right.

The paints are new formulations, now that the dust has settled, so tried and trusted formulas will need to be relooked.

But from what I'm seeing, it makes painting a simpler job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warpspacegames.com
Akshay A.

Akshay A.

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 am

I'm saying it's off so much. The chart does produce the SHADE of the color.
This is what i mean if you paint a model with the new paints,then a model with he old paints, they will look pretty similar, but the color transition is off Sad sadly
Back to top Go down
T.Hijiri
Private
Private
T.Hijiri

Honor Points : 4631

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:14 am

The new paints are now on display at Comics Mart. Sadly they don't have the red painting station for tests.

Bought some texture and dry paints. The bottle designs for both are different- lid raised slightly on the texture paint's bottle. Also, this is the first time I've ever found plastic flash on a paint bottle!
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/117620792610579106163/Miniatures?au
darthpoke
darthpoke

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:29 am

Yups! We got the new paints too and a sale going on right now, check out our shop's thread Smile
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4779

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 am

well, they are two different set of colours made by two different companies..
it'd be great if the colours are exact, but any dissimilarities are expected..
credits to GW though, trying to aid their customers with a colour conversion chart..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
darthpoke
darthpoke

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 am

Exactly. If you're new to the game, no need to worry. Just learn the new style, it works just as well.
Back to top Go down
Akshay A.

Akshay A.

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 am

there's still one thing I don't get. Why would games workshop change the names of everything like chaos black blood red and other colors names have changed.

everything on the boxes of the minis have the old names. Looks like everybody gonna have to get or have a chart between the new paints and the old
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4779

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 am

on that part, I don't know either..market strategy, perhaps?
or maybe, a new beginning for GW?
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
Akshay A.

Akshay A.

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:59 am

Maybe it could be in preparation for a huge update???????? maybe???

But there is some paints that i'm looking forward to like the basing/textured paints
Back to top Go down
T.Hijiri
Private
Private
T.Hijiri

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:08 am

From what I've read, it seems like GW changed the names both to indicate that the formulas are different, and to strengthen IP protection over them. (They hold the copyrights of names such as "Mourn Mountain" and "Genestealer" and not "Troll" or "Blood")
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I'd say IP most importantly - when a name is as common as 'chaos' or 'blood', it becomes debatable on who owns the colour or name.

I think GW has had enough with independent developers ripping off their ideas and IPs.
Back to top Go down
Akshay A.

Akshay A.

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Well that does make sense, but as i was saying before are they gonna change the names on the boxes so we can find the equivelant of the colors ?
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 pm

yes, obviously they will change the colour swatches on the new boxes.
Back to top Go down
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4578

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Some clarifications...

1. The folks at Comics Mart do have the red painting station and 17 paint samples - do ask Jinn or Khai Hoong for it!

2. The new paints are commissioned from a new supplier and all new names have to be used as the old names are locked into an IP agreement with the old supplier, and hence can no longer legally be used.

3. The new paints were commissioned at a "higher grade" than the old ones - I have learned that there a grading of sorts for things like this!

4. Some of the new items we received today already come with the new color code, but some do not (old stock).

5. All 3 starter paint sets now come with the new paints and in some cases, new models.

6. And the new "How to paint guide with DVD" has also reached our shores!
Back to top Go down
T.Hijiri
Private
Private
T.Hijiri

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:30 am

Haha... must be that I asked the wrong guy at Comics Mart.

I think the new 40K starter set includes 5 new Dark Angels space marines with sculpted shoulderpads.
Back to top Go down
darthpoke
darthpoke

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:00 am

Yup, it's like GW unveiling the clues that the next codex / chapter to be released is Dark Angels!
Back to top Go down
Akshay A.

Akshay A.

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:11 am

I bet there gonna make the dark angels a purely machined list. A sort of almost white scar codex if you will.
Back to top Go down
Gareth

Honor Points : 4431

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 am

If my rapidly failing memory serves me, in 4th Ed (and assuming there has been no change in the codex for the 5th Ed) Dark Angels can field a pure mechanical list if they take the Master of the Ravenwing as a HQ.

This is to represent their 2nd Company that is composed of mechanised units.

So Dark Angels can field a SM combined arms list, a Deathwing Ëlite" Terminator list, and a mechanised list.
Back to top Go down
Faizal
Recruit
Recruit
Faizal

Honor Points : 4528

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:58 am

All i can say about the new paint that they have Emperor's Children pink! woot woot!
Back to top Go down
http://slaaneshprince.blogspot.com/
darthpoke
darthpoke

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 am

@Faizal Hi-5 to that man! We're loving the new paints so far, Ceramite White pwns Skull White. And White Scar is even brighter still. Only wish the dry compound shades could be done in normal layer paint formula.
Back to top Go down
Faizal
Recruit
Recruit
Faizal

Honor Points : 4528

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:53 am

Damn this new paints, now I have to start building a new army! Well I'm waiting for the new Chaos codex and see what I can utilize with the new paint choices. I'll drop by your store once I'm back in M'sia..
Back to top Go down
http://slaaneshprince.blogspot.com/
darthpoke
darthpoke

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:01 pm

@Faizal, sure man! Send me a PM when you do. You can even come over to try out first and paint a free fig.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!    New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!  Empty

Back to top Go down

New Citadel Paints Have Arrived!
Page 1 of 1