Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lexiss

Honor Points : 4418

Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? Empty
PostSubject: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:39 am

I just had this thought come into my mind when I was fixing splinter canon on my little DE. On the turn they are assaulted, in what stance they are considered when overwatching with splinter canon ??

For the benefits of those who are not familiar with DE, splinter canon is an assault 4 or heavy 6 range weapon. My opinion is, if they moved previously, then still they are considered move until the controlling player's turn, just like hitting vehicle in 5th.

I dont recall if BRB did clearly specify on this part, or does it ?? I'd like to hear the opinion from the floor.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5340

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:09 am

Good question. I don't think the BRB addressed it specifically. I would go with your interpretation
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4884

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 am

I thought whether a model moves or not, they Snapshot when Overwatch? Because all weapons are allowed to shoot snapshot, except for blasts weapons.

It only becomes a concern when you move and want to shoot in the shooting phase, then I would say the splinter cannon shoots at normal BS with the assault config. whilst snapshots with heavy config. I believe the *entry in the codex can be ignored.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5241

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:07 am

i believe the question is IF he moved in the previous turn, would he snapfire with 4 or 6 shots during overwatch in his opponent's charge phase?

i think you get your full 6 shots for this situation... after all, the heavy/assault etc only counts during your shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:35 am

We're on the same page then, you're just not looking at my post right.

Does it matter when you can overwatch either assault or heavy? Moving just affects whether you snapshot or not in the shooting phase.

You move, you still can shoot splinter cannon, either assault(Full BS) or heavy(BS 1) in shooting phase.
You get assaulted, you can still shoot splinter cannon, either assault(BS 1) or heavy(BS 1).

[edit] So yes, you can overwatch with the heavy 6, although it's possible to choose assault instead.
Back to top Go down
lexiss

Honor Points : 4418

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:24 pm

So, it's 2 vs 2 now... Looks like it's gonna be D6 tonight if my sexy boys get charged tonight Laughing
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 pm

Dude, there's no ambiguity. You can choose between assault or heavy. What's the confusion that you are still pondering over?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??   Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Overwatch Unit - Count as move or stationary ??
Page 1 of 1