Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips to go about starting a necron army.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

Honor Points : 4591

Tips to go about starting a necron army. Empty
PostSubject: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am

Will be starting a necron army soon bt am still in need of a list and am not quite sure how to go about building a necron army.
Therefore I was hoping that the gurus of the forums could help me out with this.

*Models wise, the lychguards and deathmarks look sweet bt are they useful in a game?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 am

Both are usefull. I love Lychguards. If you wanna play them, I'd suggest take the Warscythe ones. Very good. You just have to learn how to use them properly lah Smile Deathmarks also good. Rapid Firing snipers assassins are scary.

But what ever you do, never take both of them at the same time coz both are expensive. You need points for the troops.
Back to top Go down
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

ic, are there any particular units tat i should stay away from? as in certain units that are jst not worth the points. and wat of hq choice, stormlord any good?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 am

Stormlord is good, but he lost everything that makes him the best with the new nightfighting rules. The lightning is still fun.

Units to stay away from? I think almost every unit is good except for that close combat crazy necron warriors ( I don't remember the name ).

Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5017
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:03 am

LordAK wrote:
Stormlord is good, but he lost everything that makes him the best with the new nightfighting rules. The lightning is still fun.

Units to stay away from? I think almost every unit is good except for that close combat crazy necron warriors ( I don't remember the name ).

I guess you refering to the "flayed ones"?
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 am

Yeah that's it!! Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5271

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 am

I'd also avoid the Praetorians...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am

as now armies are moving towards shooting more, i find that lychguards are better armed with shields to add that durability factor. if you need some AP2 scythes. just put an Overlord or Lord with warscythe in that unit will do. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 am

Not so sure on that bro. Based on my play, Lychguards with shields died as fast as the one without. Not to mentioned, AP3 blades didn't bite as hard as Warscythe. So is always better to take without shields, cheaper and can take on anything.

The shield ones looks much cooler though Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 am

how your lychguards survive all the ML spam?
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5271

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am

Obyron ate all the missiles?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 am

Dann answered correctly. But for me it was usually Zahndrekh since Obyron will be in another unit. Zahndrekh took all the brunt of AP3/AP2.

The only time they all died is when fighting Syamael. He killed Zahndrekh with JoTWW, shoot missiles and what remains died fighting the TWC.
Back to top Go down
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 am

Here is my first try at a necron list. Went with zahndrekh and obyron, seems like u cant go wrong with them.

HQ- Necron Overlord (mindshackle scarabs, res orb, sempiternal weave, royal court of cryptek-eternity)
Nemesor Zahndrekh and Obyron, royal court of cryptek-eternity

Troops- Immortals x5 (tesla carbine) in Night Scythe
Warriors x10
Warriors x10

Elites- Lychguards x5 (warscythes)

Fast- Wraiths x6 (2 whip coils)

Heavy- Annihilation barge with tesla cannon
Doomscythe

Total points- 1745
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:47 pm

It's a good start. I see that you are going the way of Deathstars. Looks okay lah, but here is my suggestion for the Deathstars and unit breakdown:

Zahndrekh
Overlord - Warscythe, MSS, SW, PShift
- Harbinger of Despair - Veil of Darkness
- Necron Lord - Warscythe, MSS, SW
- 5 Lychguards - Warscythe
Tactic : Deepstrike close to enemy and Run.

Vargard Obyron
- 6 Wraiths
Tactic : After Zahndrekh Deepstrike, Ghostwalk Mantle to within 6 of Zahndrekh and suddenly there's 2 threat for your opponent to handle.

The rest you adjust lah mana patut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips to go about starting a necron army.   Tips to go about starting a necron army. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips to go about starting a necron army.
Page 1 of 1