Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defenders of Haran

Go down 
+3
CikguDin
LordAK
spunkybass
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5370

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 pm

The funny thing is that I brought 2 armies to hobby night. And I actually played a Ranger force! But it was quite challenging. No vehicles. And some models I haven't used in a long long time. It was tons of fun.

HQ:
Eldrad Ulthran

Elites:
Harlequins (10) - all w kisses
Scorpions (10) - w Exarch w shadowstrike, stalker and claw

Troops:
Pathfinders (5)
Rangers (5)
Rangers (5)
Rangers (5)

Fast Attack:
Warp Spiders (8 ) - w Exarch w twin spinners

Heavy Support:
Dark Reapers (5) - w Exarch w missile launcher and fast shot
Wraithlord - bright lance
Wraithlord - bright lance

This list was really tough to play. But loads of fun! Next time I'll try it w 2 fusion pistols for the harlequins (1 less warp spider)
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:50 pm

So, what happened?
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5026

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Who was your opponent? Battle-Summary! Highlights!

It's not everyday we get to hear some news regarding the Eldars!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6175

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm

He fought my de,

Some highlights

I was winning wiping out most of his heavy hitters very earlly in the game. till I did a tactical error of wasting time killing my most hated unit in 40k harlequins. Which I did end up wiping out but costing me too much... When I should have rushed and throw all my units at his epic eldrad fire base... when I finally realize I need to send everything to his objective I forgot to turbo boost allowing his harlequins to catch up....

But like always fighting Lan is a seesaw fight that always ends with the last dice roll that will win or lose the game for us... I always have this epic fights with him... My 4 men wych squad tied up eldrad and his pathfinders for 3 turns... I had shitty rolls but excellent saves lol... By the last turn my wyches have wiped out his pathfinders and was hitting eldrad to no avil. Thinking back I should have charge and tarpit the reapers too....

His retreating lone scorpion exarch manage to take out one hull point off my void raven... Which was funny.. Prob the exarch was pissed that the raven drop a void mine on his squad...

We both realize that night that I am a shooty player and he is a cc player... I can't cc for shitz... It was a win for Lan but a costly one by end of the game he had 2 ranger squads one half str one full str on objective, and eldrad left contesting the other
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 am

Have been losing my last few games. I have to say playing DE is a bit difficult in 6th, particularly due to the changes to blast and vehicles explosion rules. Every mistake will hurt us badly. Maybe they need it, as they are so OP back in 5th hahaha..

Great win there Lan
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:39 am

yea, i like the rules in 6th ed

its very glass cannon like but after I start losing a few units my fire power goes downwards quite fast. You cant afford to change tactics too drastically if you are going to commit you got to go all out win big or nothing Very Happy DE style Razz

So far this DE list 3 wins (2 TA) 1 loss so ok lah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:17 am

Like Paxter said, it was quite epic. I completely forgot about DE poison weapons, and both my Wraithlords got cut down in Turn 1. Which was a problem, because I'm short of ranged anti tank!

The first half of the game was completely controlled by the DE. I was forced to make a lot of insane moves because it was either do that or get gunned down by massed splinter fire. My Warp Spiders were behind ruins on the left, the jumped full speed towards the right flank, gunned down a Raider in the way. I need to roll an 8 to jump to the safety of the ruins on the right. And rolled a 3. So they got gunned down too.

Ironically, this kind of forced moves actually led to the tables being turned. My Harlequins, who were hiding with the Warp Spiders, were also forced to do something or risk dying for nothing. So while the Warp Spiders made a break to the right, the Harlies went left and charged a Raider. After bringing down the Raider the DE concentrated 40 shots on the Harlies from a bunch of Venoms - only 1 Harlie fell!!! That was some lucky saves man. Funny enough a 5-man warrior squad shot at the same Harlies and killed 3 of them. Damn funny.

Anyways the Harlies' turned out to be my MVP. They destroyed a total of 1 Raider, 3 Venoms and a bunch of Wyches who died in the resulting explosions.

The other amazing squad I had was the Dark Reapers. I haven't used these guys since 2001 and I must say they really shine when combined with Eldrad. Salvos and salvoes of guided reaper and Exarch missile launcher shots brought down many DE vehicles.

Of course, Eldrad is still amazing in his old age. Joining the Pathfinders and hunkering down with 2+ saves and Fortune, it was a tough fire base for the DE to crack.

All in all, this list was fun. The outflanking Rangers and Scorpions snuck into the rear of the enemy just when he had to concentrate to his front. In the end, the 2 Ranger squads that captured the objective were the only 2 Troops left in the Eldar army.

Awesome
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 am

Quote :
After bringing down the Raider the DE concentrated 40 shots on the Harlies from a bunch of Venoms - only 1 Harlie fell!!! That was some lucky saves man. Funny enough a 5-man warrior squad shot at the same Harlies and killed 3 of them. Damn funny.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote :
Of course, Eldrad is still amazing in his old age.
That's why you shouldn't pray for new codex, but for errata instead. He might get nerf in the new codex!! Smile

Quote :
In the end, the 2 Ranger squads that captured the objective were the only 2 Troops left in the Eldar army.
It will always be like that. In my game vs you also like that. But things might be different against chaos with their torrent weapons. You need counter against fliers bro.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:58 am

Chaos flyers are the only flyers im worried about right now. See how
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:02 am

yea chaos flyers will toast your rangers and pathfinders... lan u should bring your guardian army I think that army too will be pretty brutal for me...
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 am

I did bring my Guardian army Laughing
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 am

We DE are good at killing MEQs, but not at handling crowds.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 am

I wouldn't say my army is a crowd. 48 models only ... T3
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:10 am

True Hahaha.. But I was actually speaking in general Smile
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5026

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 am

The only way I can think of to counter/avoid the threat of the CSM flyers is by putting the units in Serpents & not taking them out unless really necessary or when the flyers have been taken down.

Either that, or commit on Harlie-Star &/or Council-Star + Fortune.

For anti-flyers, so far the only fluffy option would be taking DE Razorwing, or better yet a Void Raven (but no official model yet.. Sad )

That is why I'm putting my Eldars to sleep for the moment until a new Dex come out. What other old codex are there left? BT, Eldar, Tau & Orks. Only 4 more races to go.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:19 pm

I tend to find Void ravens much better for Anti air and anti tank duty... bcs of its STR 9 lance AP1

Razorwings seem to work best for strafing elites/hordes with dissis and missiles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Yup..
Razorwing --> infantries
Voidraven --> armour

It's pretty clear actually, with the weapon loadout they came with. Too bad all our missiles are blast type. Otherwise, that Shatterfield would be handy against Fliers too.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Wished DE had some sidewinder missile that will be so cool! Very Happy Target lock shoot a melta missile at the enemy flier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5367

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 pm

now that a facinating report. Reading about eldar vs DE is really something. I heard harli was nasty in 6th ed.. now it show. thank for the batrep.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5271

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:43 pm

harlies have always been uber... especially with Doom and Fortune.

DE harlies... not so much. they used to be, until Web Way Portal got nerfed...
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes Harlies are good. But I don't expect these particular ones to have fortune much. Eldrad will probably be too far. I just changed the list to include 2 fusion pistols and a Death Jester. Model cantik giler.

Din, you should try your Eldar w the existing codex. It's not nerfed. So you might have difficulties against the Naga, but so does everyone else.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 am

Harlies.. is good, but too much points on a T3 with 5+ invuls. If they are a bit cheaper, then maybe I'll come to like them Smile

Quote :
Din, you should try your Eldar w the existing codex. It's not nerfed. So you might have difficulties against the Naga, but so does everyone else
Yup.. we need more Eldar! Heldrake is OP, but it can't win the game (unless your opponent plays 2 lah Laughing)

Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 am

Eldar should have more representation... for such an old dex its still good I would not say its OP but Good!
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4778

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 am

Paxter wrote:
Eldar should have more representation...
I have returned...
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5271

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 am

I feel like repainting my Eldar now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defenders of Haran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defenders of Haran   Defenders of Haran Empty

Back to top Go down

Defenders of Haran
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wargamers Malaysia :: Warhammer 40,000 :: Army Lists and BatREP-
Jump to: