Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament

Go down 
+15
Vuel
Arzmi
BLee
Chang Yee Fong
deathkorps
dif2find
Dr-DOOOM!!!
daedalusaf
Alvin K
spunkybass
MrChaos
LordAK
dann.toh
Paxter
darthvin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4970

Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:35 am

CikguDin wrote:
Congrats on the winners.

Post-mortem comment (even though I was not involved in the event)..maybe you should limit a person to receive 1 prize - the best that he can achieve. That would open the slot for the next person 'in-line'.

Just a suggestion saje..
wat u suggest has to take into context the nature of the competition/event. what if Player ABC beats the crap out of everyone with a golden daemon standard army while remaining the most fun person to play with? how can the organiser decide which award to give him then? if you were the organiser, how would u decide which is the best award for Player ABC?

i have organised a few competitions and events and its not as simple as u make it to be. what i usually do is, i just remove the main prize winners out from the lucky draw.

nevertheless, thats a good suggestion to ensure everyone has a chance of winning something. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6175

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:45 am

I am kinda ok with how they did it, plus everyone gave a big cheer to carl and he did deserve that two awards. Dun think anyone including myself included cared about the prizes.. Great first tourney for them. The lucky draw was drawn at the end of every game, the special one was just before the prize giving ceremony.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:58 am

who won the lucky draws? waht are the prizes? i mcm nampak kadir pegang dropzone commander..
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5367

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am

yup kadir did
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 am

Hip.. Hip.. Hurray! cheers

Anyone wanna try this new game system?
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:34 am

LordAK wrote:
Hip.. Hip.. Hurray! cheers

Anyone wanna try this new game system?
i m interested to see what it is all about but dun think i will start the game. Razz
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:09 pm

The starter has enough models for 2 armies to play with. Anyone can try it. Then only decide lar what to do next. I will open it tonight and learned what this game is all about.
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5367

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:31 pm

you will like the game play.. quite nice.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
darthvin

darthvin

Honor Points : 4155

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 am

CikguDin wrote:
Congrats on the winners.

Post-mortem comment (even though I was not involved in the event)..maybe you should limit a person to receive 1 prize - the best that he can achieve. That would open the slot for the next person 'in-line'.

Just a suggestion saje..
Dear cikgu din,

It's usuall in most competitions for a participant to win numerous categories, take for example i was a public speaker back in high school and i won best speaker for state and also for the event itself, talent time event which i organised back in my british counsil days i did gave out prizes to best band or best dressed upcoming artist or best songs as well, sometimes a same band would win both because they are that good! So its not uncommon. And Carl really deserved it, he got full marks for best sportsmanship, all 3 of his opponents rated him full 3 marks, there was no tie either and as for his painting it was really top notch with alot of hard work on the fine stuff, we had 3 judges that rated him on that, all of them were not from any gameclub or the game shop he regulars too and does not even know him that personally, they were all from spartan. For the touney in Spartan we decided not to put any such limitations as you suggested, reason because for those who put in the best efforts and the result shows it, they by all right should be rewarded, and as for Carl it was undisputed. We also made sure everyone left with something from this touney and hopefully no one got left out. I will be collecting data for feeback purposes, i will also take your suggestions into consideration as well bro. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
darthvin

darthvin

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:30 am

LordAK wrote:
The starter has enough models for 2 armies to play with. Anyone can try it. Then only decide lar what to do next. I will open it tonight and learned what this game is all about.
Bro come to Spartan and play it!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:37 am

Was an awesome event! Big cheers to the Spartans as this is their 1st 40k event. I would say is absolutely fun especially with the lucky draw cheering there. lol

Hmm.... if you ask me what can be improved on, I would probably say not enough LOS blocking terrains on the board. Nevertheless, I know they did a good job preparing all the terrains in such short time. So still a kudos for the effort and I'm sure they will come out with awesome cool terrains to fit in more tables for next year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

Honor Points : 4847

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 am

darthvin wrote:
CikguDin wrote:
Congrats on the winners.

Just a suggestion saje..
Dear cikgu din,

It's usuall in most competitions for a participant to win numerous categories, take for example i was a public speaker back in high school and i won best speaker for state and also for the event itself, talent time event which i organised back in my british counsil days i did gave out prizes to best band or best dressed upcoming artist or best songs as well, sometimes a same band would win both because they are that good! So its not uncommon. And Carl really deserved it, he got full marks for best sportsmanship, all 3 of his opponents rated him full 3 marks, there was no tie either and as for his painting it was really top notch with alot of hard work on the fine stuff, we had 3 judges that rated him on that, all of them were not from any gameclub or the game shop he regulars too and does not even know him that personally, they were all from spartan.  For the touney in Spartan we decided not to put any such limitations as you suggested, reason because for those who put in the best efforts and the result shows it, they by all right should be rewarded, and as for Carl it was undisputed. We also made sure everyone left with something from this touney and hopefully no one got left out. I will be collecting data for feeback purposes, i will also take your suggestions into consideration as well bro. Thanks.
Nicely put! Carl 100% deserved both, without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.adeptusmalaysia.blogspot.com
MrChaos
Corporal
Corporal
MrChaos

Honor Points : 4739

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 am

Awesome event at Spartan Games! Will definitely come for the next tourney.

I thoroughly enjoy my experience in the tabletop with the three opponents I played. David, Redeye and Mohd Firdaaus. They were engaging and interactive.

Everytime I play a game I like to roleplay myself in that situation as that particular faction/person. Be it a 40k tabletop game, a computer game, or an RPG session. There's no denying I love Orks/Orcs. My throat is coarse on that day shouting like a greenskin. But in the end I strive to give my opponent and myself an enjoyable gaming experience. If not, what's there to live for?
Back to top Go down
khairul
khairul

Honor Points : 4581

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:16 am

Warbosz Carl the magnificent Lum, you truly deserved both awards dude Smile...no matter what others may say! Your painting was breathtaking and clearly your opponents appreciated your ork humour Very Happy.

Congrats on both wins! Truly deserving and you've done us proud bro! You d man in my books cheers
Back to top Go down
darthvin

darthvin

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:57 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
Was an awesome event! Big cheers to the Spartans as this is their 1st 40k event. I would say is absolutely fun especially with the lucky draw cheering there. lol

Hmm.... if you ask me what can be improved on, I would probably say not enough LOS blocking terrains on the board. Nevertheless, I know they did a good job preparing all the terrains in such short time. So still a kudos for the effort and I'm sure they will come out with awesome cool terrains to fit in more tables for next year. Very Happy
Thanks bro! we are just happy you guys had fun that day and yes i have to admit that about the LOS terrains, that was pointed out to me by Jeff earlier during the event itself, shooty armies had an advantage on some tables..we will just have to do better next time and definatly build better terains to make thing more interesting in the future. Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

Honor Points : 4847

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 am

darthvin wrote:
Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:

Thanks bro! we are just happy you guys had fun that day and yes i have to admit that about the LOS terrains, that was pointed out to me by Jeff earlier during the event itself, shooty armies had an advantage on some tables..we will just have to do better next time and definatly build better terains to make thing more interesting in the future. Thanks for the input.
IMO it wasn't a quantity/quality issue as it was a placement one. A lot of the LOS blocking or area terrain was placed along the table edges. If you'd just swapped a couple around, there wouldn't have been as many long, clear firing lanes. Regardless my feedback is really splitting hairs- the tournament was a well oiled machine and a pleasure to participate in! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.adeptusmalaysia.blogspot.com
darthvin

darthvin

PostSubject: The Tourney pics by Marvin    Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 am

Tourney Photos

Hi guys,

Marvin's almost done the picture for the tourney, you guys can click on his facebook album link to view it:

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/The.Blackbox.Devil/media_set?set=a.10151882217608224.1073741847.709823223&type=1
Back to top Go down
Arzmi
Recruit
Recruit
Arzmi

Honor Points : 4546

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 am

Every bit of the tourney was awesomely run in my opinion. Furthermore it's at a new place and I was lucky to meet 3 new awesome opponents. I've made a lot of new friends too and to me that is what it is all about. Having a great time with friends who happens to like the same thing as you do. As for Carl the most hensemest badass on that day he truly deserves to win! Heck kindred once gave 4 awards to one person. Grats to kadir for winning the lucky draw too!!

Truly one of the best tourneys and gaming atmosphere I've ever participated in!! Well done Sparta!! It was more epic than the movie 300 in my books!!
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4778

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 pm

WOW!
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks Arzmi..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament   Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spartan Games Arena..Ascension: A 40K Tournament
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6