Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners

Go down 
+6
spunkybass
doc
cookie_yip
LordAK
almond
AznJake
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4913

[Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners Empty
PostSubject: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:22 am

I've been thinking about this for a while now. For some players, finding others to play with at the time you enter the  area of your choosing can be quite difficult, whether or not it is because you don't know many people in the community or you have odd hours to play in.

So I say why not make a thread for people to post their schedules for wargaming?

Although not properly thought out, here's the deal, follow the format below to post up times you would have time to go and PM the users to make an appointment.

Extra Notes:
Please write up what you're certain of, no maybes.
The times you post here should indicate when you're free and wish to go but doubt people go at that time, or when you regularly go.
Contact the person you want to play with at a reasonable time beforehand.

Wargames: (Point limits you go for in the respective games)
Place: (Where you go often for your hobby)
Days & Time: (Specify the days you're free and the times on it)

Hopefully this way, there would be more overall activities going on and less waiting and hoping for someone.

Jake

Wargames : W40K [Up to 1850 pts]
Place : Hobby Forge
Days & Time : Sunday ( 3pm - 11pm) , Monday to Thursday (6pm onwards)

Almond

Wargames: Warhammer Fantasy [Up to 1500 pts], Warmachine [25 pts max]
Place: Hobby Forge
Days & Time: Friday 8pm-10pm

LordAK

Wargames: W40K (1850 - 2K pts), WFB (2K - 2.5K pts)
Place: Hobby Forge, Putrajaya (My Home)
Days & Time: Friday Night, Saturday (11 am onwards)

Doc

Wargames: W40K (1850 - 2K pts), WFB (5K pts), Dust Allies.
Place: Hobby Forge, Wolf's Game shop, The Outpost
Days & Time: Depending on my working schedule.

Paxter

Wargames: W40K (1850 - 2K pts), WFB (2K - 2.5K pts), Blood Bowl, Dust Warfare
Days & Time: Friday night

Padios

Wargames: WF [Up to 5K pts of High Elves], W40K [At least 1.75K pts of Daemons / Chaos Space Marines / Dark Eldar / 1.5K pts of Eldar]
Days & Time: Most weekdays from 8 pm-closing (PM to confirm), Friday 8pm-closing, Sat 11am - closing, Sun 11am - closing

Last edited by AznJake on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:40 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
almond
Private
Private
almond

Honor Points : 3969

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:36 am

Wargames: Warhammer Fantasy [Up to 1,500 now, but will be 2.5k down the road. Building up]. Warmachine upon prior request [25 points max]
Days & Time: Friday 8pm-10ish pm
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:41 am

I wanna fight your High Elves Almond. But not this week. I'll get back to you later.

Back to top Go down
almond
Private
Private
almond

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:56 am

Cool. I'll have more models ready with an extra week :3
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4969

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 am

@jake, u should update all the players info on the 1st post for easier tracking.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Wargames: 40k (1850 - 2k points), WFB (2k - 2.5k)
Place: Hobby Forge, Putrajaya (me home)
Days & Time: Friday night or Saturday (11 am onwards). Call or PM 1st lar better
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Updated.
Extra Notes:
Please just write up what you're certain of, no maybes.
Contacting the person you want to play with beforehand is implied.
The times you post here should indicate when you're free to go, not just when you will go or regularly go.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4957

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:32 am

Wargames: 40k (1850 - 2k points), WFB (5000pts), Dust Allies.
Place: Hobby Forge, Wolf's Game shop, The Outpost
Days & Time: Depending on my working schedule. Please call or pm for a great time
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 am

Hobby Forge this Friday Doc. But I'm bringing only 1750 AirCav
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:32 am

Wargames: 40k (1850 - 2k points), WFB (2k - 2.5k), Blood Bowl, Dust Warfare
Days & Time: Friday night
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:33 am

I wanna fight your air calv!
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4969

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:38 am

AznJake wrote:
Updated.
Extra Notes:
Please just write up what you're certain of, no maybes.
Contacting the person you want to play with beforehand is implied.
The times you post here should indicate when you're free to go, not just when you will go or regularly go.
there can be no certainty of time. most of us are working adults and many with family commitments.

i think the gaming venue and armies they can bring to the table is more important than the time since "contacting the person you want to play with beforehand is implied" already.
Back to top Go down
MrChaos
Corporal
Corporal
MrChaos

Honor Points : 4738

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:48 am

Wargames: 40k (1850) WHFB (2500)
Days & Time: I should be at Hobby Forge from noon till dawn, hit me up.

I'm working out a new army, 1850 of Imperial Fists using the Sentinels of Terra supplement. Would love to duke it out with anyone but I will be proxying heavily as I need to test out the list before making my purchase. I hope you folks don't mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:09 pm

cookie_yip wrote:
there can be no certainty of time. most of us are working adults and many with family commitments.

i think the gaming venue and armies they can bring to the table is more important than the time since "contacting the person you want to play with beforehand is implied" already.
I'm sure we all have schedules to follow and hiccups that we can't predict. You don't have to be free on the stated time and days. It helps players to decide who to play with if they saw the person listed here are likely to be free at those particular times which people usually don't go, like weekdays.

Regardless, it might be that I have worded it incorrectly. Made the necessary changes and updates.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4957

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:11 am

@Azlan- Coming soon to KL and will meet your AirCav in the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Looking forward to it. I'll try to beef it up to 1850
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 am

Hi! This coming Thursday (5th Dec) after work I'm free to play. Can be at Wira (i work very near there) or Hobby Forge. Anyone up for a 1850pts 40k game? Looking at 5:30pm.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:02 am

Anyone up for a game of WFB against my Dark Elves this Friday/Saturday? 2k+ in points.
Can proxy if wanna try units that you don't have. Don't mind since that is how I began long ago Smile.
Back to top Go down
almond
Private
Private
almond

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 am

I bring my stuff every Friday Smile But this particular Friday it'll be 50/50 for me. I'm keen on trying out 2400 point lists however
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 am

Public holiday in Selangor tomorrow.
So... Tomorrow Forge anyone? Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:55 am

@almond : Do alert me earlier kalau jadik. 2.5k sounds good Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:31 am

Looking for sparring partner tonight at Hobby Forge. I'm bringing my fluffy Raven Guard. Will be there at around 8-9 pm.
Back to top Go down
Padios
Private
Private
Padios

Honor Points : 4343

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Hey guys,

Wargames: Warhammer Fantasy [Up to 5000 pts of High Elves], Warhammer 40K [At least 1750 pts of Daemons / Chaos Space Marines / Dark Eldar / 1500 pts of Eldar]
Days & Time: Most weekdays from 8 pm-closing (PM to confirm), Friday 8pm-closing, Sat 11am - closing, Sun 11am - closing
Back to top Go down
http://padios-minime.blogspot.com
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi hi... anyone free to game on 28th Jan evening 5:30pm - 6pm and 29th Jan morning til 6pm.
Would like to test out the new nids. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:09 am

I plan to bring my Raven Guard (1850) and Fantasy Dark Elves (2 - 2.5k) this Friday. Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners   [Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners Empty

Back to top Go down

[Game Appointments] Finding Sparring Partners
Page 1 of 1