Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changes to shooting in 7th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

Changes to shooting in 7th Empty
PostSubject: Changes to shooting in 7th   Changes to shooting in 7th EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:02 am

Some of the changes we know:
i. Shooting were done one weapon type at a time;
ii. Jink has to be declared before any To Hit rolls were made;
iii. Casualty is measured using the maximum range of the weapon.

Say I have 5 Marines rapid firing a 10 man Ork Boyz. Out of that number, only 5 Orks are within rapid fire range.

In 6th: maximum casualty is 5 Orks due to 12 inches Rapid Fire range.

But in 7th: the casualty can go up to maximum range of the bolter (24 inches) even if all 5 marines Rapid Fired. So if I'm lucky, I might even kill the whole 10 man Boyz.

iv. Units that go to ground or is pinned cannot Overwatch though they can Snap Fire.
v. Scatter dice and 2D6 must be rolled together. Last time rolled scatter dice first, then rolled 2D6 only if arrow is up.

What else?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4666

PostSubject: Re: Changes to shooting in 7th   Changes to shooting in 7th EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Question then cause I just realised this does that means now for the Ravenwing Command Squad if I choose to shoot the Rad Grenade first then the target is -1T then after that I shoot with the Plasmas does that mean I apply their new toughness?

Eg. I shoot a T4 unit of Nobz with the Grenade Launcher first. Now they are T3 then I shoot my Plasma they are now Instant Death'ed because their toughness is now 3. Is that how the new shooting mechanics work? Weapon by weapon and you apply the effects one weapon at a time?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

PostSubject: Re: Changes to shooting in 7th   Changes to shooting in 7th EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:55 am

Ya betul Shaun.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Changes to shooting in 7th   Changes to shooting in 7th EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 am

I just realized that. That's awesome! Must finish painting my Ravenwing reinforcements.
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4666

PostSubject: Re: Changes to shooting in 7th   Changes to shooting in 7th EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

That's kinda...broken hahaha but do note that you cannot fire Rad Grenades if you jinked cause it only comes in small blast form so there is a element of fairness there as you have to decide between surviving or hitting harder the next turn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to shooting in 7th   Changes to shooting in 7th Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes to shooting in 7th
Page 1 of 1