Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cover Saves?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4630

Cover Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Cover Saves?   Cover Saves? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi guys... got a question;

An IG artillery has 3 troops manning it behind an aegis defence line. The 3 troops act as human shields for the tank behind. 2 combat squads of marines target it. 1st marine squad fires at them in which case all 3 troops go to ground to get a 2+ cover save. Assuming they survive, does the wound allocation rule kick in to give any wounds caused by the 2nd squad to the 2+ cover save IG troop (which is out of view) or do they shoot at what they can only see, i.e. the artillery tank?

Please advise. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

Cover Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Saves?   Cover Saves? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:23 pm

BLee wrote:
Assuming they survive, does the wound allocation rule kick in to give any wounds caused by the 2nd squad to the 2+ cover save IG troop (which is out of view)

The unit is never 'out of view'. The models are never placed on their flats - only a token is put there to indicate a change of status. So for all intent and purposes, as long as you can see them you shoot them first.
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4630

Cover Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Saves?   Cover Saves? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:59 am

Thanks Dann... your input is much appreciated. Laughing

Now what if the 2 SM Combat Squad is just standing on the other side of the aegis def line, i.e. 1 inch away from the troops human shielding the artillery piece?

Do they still get cover saves at such close range? Apologies here I'm still not clear on this even after reading the BRB. Does anyone have a page reference for this? Back in 5th if I'm not mistaken, as long as there is less than two inches between the units, both do not get cover saves.

Hear from all of you. Thanks people.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

Cover Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Saves?   Cover Saves? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 am

I think it comes down to pure LoS now (correct me if I'm wrong)

So if you're standing directly behind an aegis defense line, you should have no problems claiming a cover save, as long as your model is partially covered.

Rmbr, it's all model's-eye-view now (unless anything is area terrain). Which is why Gretchins behind an aegis defense line is not gonna see anything over it, maybe unless it's trygon-sized.
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5328

Cover Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Saves?   Cover Saves? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 am

well if the marine is base contact with the aegis defense line only then the guards cant claim cover from them. As long they are not in base contact then it shuoldnt be any problem for the guards. This is IMO not the rule.... this is only logical thinking.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6428

Cover Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Saves?   Cover Saves? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 am

yup.. agree with diff, no cover saves if shooter is in base contact with the defense line. It would be so funny otherwise Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cover Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cover Saves?   Cover Saves? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cover Saves?
Page 1 of 1