Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4971

Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves   Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

My 1st attempt at building a 6th Ed list at 1500. Due to a habit of making lists with at least 3 Troops in 5th, I am not sure how will 2 Troops will do in 6th Ed.

The major changes from my 5th Ed all-comers list is the removal of 1 rune priest, 1 grey hunters pack and 3 land speeders for the wolf lord and thunderwolves. A 2-wound rune priest as a warlord may just die too easily.

Wolf Lord
- Thunderwolf Mount
- Frost Blade
- Storm Shield
- Runic Armour
- Wolftooth Necklace
- Wolf Tail Talisman
- Saga of Beastslayer

Rune Priest
- Chooser of the Slain
Jaws of the World Wolf
Living Lightning

Rune Priest
- Meltabombs
Jaws of the World Wolf
Stormcaller

Wolf Guard x 4
- 2 with Combi-melta and Lightning Claws
- 2 with Terminator armour and Storm Bolter & Power Weapon

Grey Hunters x 8
- Meltagun
- Mark of Wulfen
- Wolf Standard
Rhino

Grey Hunters x 8
- Meltagun
- Mark of Wulfen
- Wolf Standard
Rhino

Landspeeder with Heavy Bolter and Typhoon Missile Launcher x 1

Thunderwolf Cavalry x 2
- 2 Storm Shield
- 1 Power Fist

Long Fangs x 5
- 4 Missile Launchers

Long Fangs x 5
- 4 Missile Launchers

Comments?
Back to top Go down
Arzmi
Recruit
Recruit
Arzmi

Honor Points : 4547

PostSubject: Re: Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves   Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves Emperors-Gift

read this. after reading im sure as hell you gonna get GK as allies. the book is about GK + SW [tapau-ing] everything. Some reviewers even said best SW book heh.

check it out brotha http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/emperors-gift.html
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5018
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves   Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Arzmi wrote:
Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves Emperors-Gift

read this. after reading im sure as hell you gonna get GK as allies. the book is about GK + SW [tapau-ing] everything. Some reviewers even said best SW book heh.

check it out brotha http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/emperors-gift.html

sry, hijack, Arzmi, where do u get this book? I can't find it in Kino leh
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4779

PostSubject: Re: Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves   Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 pm

@yip: keep in mind this is just my personal taste, seeing a Space Wolf army with more than 1 squad of Long Fangs still look weird..but otherwise, the list look solid..
do you really need the Wolf Guards in that setup?..giving some of them CMLs would be nice..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves   Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 pm

For the worlflord.. What kind of frost weapon will he take.. sword or Axe? If axe, I think better you take PFist instead so can Instakill all the T5 multiwound models.

My guess your setup will be:
1 RP, 1 WG, 8 GH in Rhino right? Sounds good enough lah. GH are the best Troops in the game after all.

That 180 pts Speeder Squadron. I would gladly trade that for another Rocket Pack and a ADL with Quadgun.

Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4971

PostSubject: Re: Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves   Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:52 pm

@arzmi: realry? i saw GK and like, pass. gotta hunt for it now. i really like ADB books after reading the Night Lord series.

@vuel: i usually keep 2 long fangs. to me, 2 is solid, 3 is overkill. lol. combi melta wolf guard will go into GH squad, for challenges and keeping my RP safe. or in the event my RP decides to go wandering alone, for the extra Ld and melta shot. the other 2 with termie armour will go to the long fangs, stand in front and eat watever shots coming 1st. hehehe. CMLs are 1 for every 5 models.

@AK: Frost blade bro. S6 AP3. good enough to go hunting any non-2+ saves infantry. the saga can help me take down bikes as well. there is a PF in the thunderwolves already. and there is only 1 speeder. just as an irritant and a mobile firing platform. 1 thing i can do is replace the speeder with WG and CML with chainfist OR lone wolf with storm shield and chainfist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves   Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally a 6th Ed list for Space Wolves
Page 1 of 1