Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldar Guardians revisited

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5371

Eldar Guardians revisited Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 am

I was looking at my models the other day and realized that I haven't played my Eldar in awhile. Worse still, there are some models in there that I haven't used in a long long time. So here's a list which is meant to bring these models back on the table. No idea how they would do in battle though.

HQ:
Farseer Lahn - fortune, guide, spirit stones, runes of warding, singing spear, jetbike

ELITES:
Fire Dragons (5)

TROOPS:
Guardians (10) - shuriken cannon
Wave Serpent - twin-linked bright lance

Guardians (10) - shuriken cannon
Wave Serpent - twin-linked bright lance

Guardian Jetbikes (6) - 2x shuriken cannon
Warlock (1) - emobolden, singing spear, jetbike

FAST ATTACK:
Vypers (2) - each w scatter laser and shuriken cannon

Vypers (2) - each w scatter laser and shuriken cannon

Warp Spiders (6) - w Exarch w twin death spinners

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Wraithlord - bright lance

Wraithlord - bright lance

Falcon - scatter laser, pulse laser, shuriken cannon
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:57 am

guide is really gold now (or the Divination equivalent - forgot the name) - especially if you've got dire avengers + bladestorm

Eldar turn - shoots with 20+ reroll to hit shots

Enemy turn - attempt to charge dire avengers, eats overwatch bladestorm 30+ reroll to hit shots!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:33 am

Waah.. Bladestorm last one game turn?

About the list:
i. Fire Dragons in Falcons. Wouldn't they better ride a Wave Serpent instead?
ii. 2x3 Jetbikes is better coz can claim more objective, but maybe not your style.
iii. What is your plan for the Guardians?
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 am

bladestorm needs one turn to reload - but if you're gonna be assaulted, I'd suggest you keep it for overwatch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 am

No plan for the Guardians. Definitely scoring units, and possibly mobile ones too. Good thinking about the fire dragons in a serpent, I'll do that. From my experience, 3 man jetbike squads always die in one round of fire. This list is a bit rojak. No idea how to play it yet
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

They are hard to kill with T4, 3+ armour and extra move in assault. I lost against Din due to his Jetbikes. Betul-betul kacau.

I dont know about Eldar, but if I'm not wrong Din once had a plan to play them aggresively, only with flamers. 2xflamers or something, in Serpent.

No Snipers eh.. lucky hahaha

Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 am

Ya, I've been playing with the snipers too long now. Time to give them a break. Yes, Storm Guardians can have 2x flamers, and the Warlock can have a heavy flamer equivalent too. I remember this squad once rentung a genestealer squad in just one shooting phase

And in the old days, Storm Guardians can even have haywire ... pity cannot do that now
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Guardians are cool models. They just need better armour, WS, BS and Ld.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 pm

2 Flamers+1 Heavy Flamer sounds good. I wonder why no one play them. Maybe because they are expensive kot. How much for a unit like that in Serpent?

This list reminds me to Chaotic Eldar and his Khornate Guardians. Every Guardian units move forward, next turn disembark, shoot, assault! My Raven Guards got pushed back by mere Guardians and lost! Laughing
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Serpent is expensive.

If I remember my Eldar Codex, 10man Guardians with 2 flamers, + Warlock with Destructor is roughly 130pts. Serpent is 80 base, and you must add a weapon ranging from 5 to 40 pts.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm

You know me - I don't know how to play gunline Laughing

The Storm Guardians mahal ... 127 for 10 guys + Warlock. Plus another 135 for bright lance wave serpent ...

mahal ... but sexy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 am

Bright Lance Serpent is gila mahal!!
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 am

I know, but both my serpents have custom built bright lance turrets. Shuriken cannon much cheaper
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:39 am

At the time the Eldar Codex was written, the Brightlance was like 'OMG!'

Buying 2 Brightlances can buy you a Ravager! That's how badly Eldar need a new Codex!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:02 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:30 am

The funniest part is that the Eldar codex is always outdated. And yet still always deadly
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 am

Seriously, the codex is good. They are only outdated in terms of pointcost. GW can make everyone happy just by throwing out some erratas like they did to the Helbrute.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:54 am

A new codex earns money... so doubt they'll just do an errata... plus I want a Warp Spider Phoenix Lord!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 pm

A codex would take years. If I were GW, I'd settel down with errata 1st. Can keep the Eldar sales healthy in between new codex release.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Warp Spiders Phoenix Lord? I want the Shining Spears Phoenix Lord!

Truthfully,I'd prefer if they just include the other more useful Falcon chassis grav-tanks in the new codex instead of the useless Nightspinner. Or the Hornet as a Fast Atk option (this is not OT cuz they r being piloted by guardians afterall).

Better yet, a Flyer of our own..Hey, DE got TWO of them in a single codex!!

I think its going to be an uphill battle against Chaos cuz they now have 2 types of weapons with the 'torrent' rule - BBoS & Baleflamer, both which can be fired while the units are airborne/flying.

At least with Hellhound & Dreadknight they have to land on the ground & can be taken care of much easier. But BBoS & Baleflamer..adoi sakit!

But then again, Lan is known for managing to pull the rug from under the opponent..why don't you try an acid test game & see how it goes.

Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6176

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 pm

well technically you got 3 flyers in the FW books... FW models are becoming pretty welcoming for some models since gw keeps upping the price

and some of those flyers are seriously op and aint that expansive
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 am

Will definitely try out this list tonight. And next time, Eldrad will come do a surprise visit w my Rangers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 am

Quote :
Better yet, a Flyer of our own..Hey, DE got TWO of them in a single codex!!
DE and Eldar are battle brothers maa. It's like me (DE) and you (Eldar) hahaha.

Baleflamer and Burning Brand is surely OP when comes on Flyers. That's why never take 2 of them unless it's tourney. But then again, asking CSM player not to take them is like asking GK players not to take more than one Psyfledread lah, or BA not to take Storm Raven or IG not to take Vendetta squadron. All also cheese, in their own way.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:27 am

Flyers can all be dealt with. Admittedly I've never lost both Stormravens in a game where they weren't hovering. But consider how much shooting the Eldar have at their disposal + guide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians revisited   Eldar Guardians revisited Empty

Back to top Go down

Eldar Guardians revisited
Page 1 of 1