Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines Army List

Go down 
+4
Dr-DOOOM!!!
LordAK
dann.toh
cookie_yip
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4975

Space Marines Army List Empty
PostSubject: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 am

My 1st attempt at building a SM list for 6th Ed. 3 FW models/rules inside.

HQ
Magister Sevrin Loth
-fearless
-3 warp charges
-Can power up his 2+ armour to 2++
-Will generate 6 powers from Biomancy. Powers to look out for, Enfeeble (1 enemy unit get -1S & -1T) and Endurance (1 friendly unit get FNP, Relentless & IWND)

Ahazra Redth
-2 warp charges
-Powers will be Mirage (unit attached to and transport get Shrouded) and Prescience (re-roll to hit)
-Chapter Tactics: All infantry without dedicated transport and not in Terminator Armour gains Infiltrate USR
-Re-roll seize initiative and -1 to enemy Reserve Rolls
-Re-roll 1 failed psychic test per turn and armour 3+/5++

Elite
Assault Terminators (5 TH/SS)
Land Raider Crusader (Multi-melta and Extra armour)
- Both librarians and termies in here

Ironclad Dreadnought (DCCW, Seismic Hammer, Meltagun, Heavy flamer and Ironclad assault launchers)
-Moves through cover ignores dangerous terrain
-Assault launchers grant assault and defensive grenades

Troops
Tactical Squad (Plasmagun and Plasma cannon)

Tactical Squad (Meltagun and Lascannon

Scouts (Telion, 8 Sniper rifles, 1 Missile launcher)

Fast Attack
Lucius Pattern Drop Pod
-Ironclad in here
-Allows assault on the turn it drops but dangerous terrain test needed

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Line (Quad gun emplacement)

Simple hammer list.
-Drop ironclad and (hopefully) assault something important.
-Drive land raider up and smash face. hope shrouded will make it more survivable.
-'Standard' powers every turn = Prescience and Endurance on termies and Enfeeble on enemy.
-Tacs and Scouts just go around creating a nuisance of themselves.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5276

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 am

sounds like you're banking everything on the LRC... One unlucky turn and everything's gonna be walking...
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 am

Yup. But i think it will be fun. Initial list had normal termies (with cyclone) and thunderfire cannon but lack of troops and anti-flyers made me switch to scouts and aegis.

I think the LRC can survive for 2 turns reasonably well. Pop smoke and Shrouded gives me 3+ cover for 1 turn. Notwithstanding the ironclad wrecking havoc on 1st turn.

Obvious weakness include tonnes of dark lances as well as flamers and screamers.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 am

- Strong Magicians
- Infiltrating troops
- 1st Turn Assaulting Ironclad
- Strong CC

Got nothing much to say.. It's a good list on paper. How many points is this?
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:13 am

Its currently 1740.. I can either give both sergeants meltabombs or 1 of them a combi-weapon. Or take double heavy flamers on the Ironclad.

I think it looks good on paper too but not so sure about the tabletop. Probably gonna use this for legio league but still lacking some models.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6192

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 am

OP OP OP!!!
Razz
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:16 am

2 Meltabombs is good. But I'd take one Combi-Melta to the Meltagun Tact.
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:19 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
OP OP OP!!!
Razz

if the Chosen says so, then it must be so. LOL

LordAK wrote:
2 Meltabombs is good. But I'd take one Combi-Melta to the Meltagun Tact.

i was thinking of either that or a combi-plasma on the other squad. i think i will try out the meltabombs 1st.
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 am

are infiltrating troops really so good? i see a lot of netlist taking ahriman and huron just for this ability.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:25 am

Infiltrators are good. Very good.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5022
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 am

cookie_yip wrote:
are infiltrating troops really so good? i see a lot of netlist taking ahriman and huron just for this ability.

Well, for chaos, if you use jump troop or winged DP or biker, they can smash face in cc with infiltrate at first turn, I guess that might be the reason
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6192

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:42 am

not for chaos. the ability only can be given to infantry unit if i remembered it correctly.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5276

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:53 am

i dunno about you... but 20 infiltrating berzerkers, plague marines or thousand sons or Fabius Bile's enhanced troops sound very scary... scarier than any DP actually.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5022
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:06 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
not for chaos. the ability only can be given to infantry unit if i remembered it correctly.

yup, infantry, just check the rulebook. My bad Razz
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5372

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 am

that list looks nasty. So you bought the lucious pattern DP.. hihihih. or using normal DP bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:34 pm

had a game with Blee today.

dice rolls were hot for him in the beginning, hot for me in the mid, and hot for him at the end.

5 objectives in Big Guns Never Tire. No Vps were calculated but it was clearly Blee's victory since i only have sevrin loth left at the end.

Some highlights.
- immo my own LR in my own half like a noob. had to footslog the rest of the way.
- ironclad couldnt kill a SINGLE marine in THREE assault phases.
- decided to charge command squad with 4 meltas with ahazra redth. ate 2 meltas during overwatch and stupid is as stupid does. T_T
- sevrin loth and 6 biomancy spells is totally broken. 2+ and 2++ with FNP. iron arm giving +D3 S and T with EW. nigh unkillable. it will not die regained 2 wounds lost to peril. i feel there is so much potential in this guy.
- took the command squad's 4 meltas 3 turns to take a LR. bad rolls and shrouded were the main reasons.
- scouts with telion in aegis did quite well, until kena hammered by TFC's ignore cover rounds. dropped like flies.

Blee..any other stuff u wanna highlight?
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4674

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 am

Hey Yip,

Thanks for the good game... It was a tight one and if this was only your 2nd game for 6th Ed, I wonder how well you'll be doing in future games... such a challenging player you are...

I would beg to differ about my rolls being hot at the start... look at my Cmd Sqd, DP comes down close to target but the rolls to hit were 2-2-2-3 and the 3 failed to pen... *pengsan* Rolling Eyes U din even have to roll for ur 5+ cover save

While ur Ironclad failed to do much in the charge, ur shooting was ok, shaking a Predator and taking out 4 termis (darn armor save dice) leaving a poor guy on its own with a storm bolter and chainfist... Sad

Anyways, 1st turn was amusing when I thought back about it. Our rolls were ok but ur armour saves and cover saves were darn good lorr... ur Lascannon Cbt Sqd and Plasmacannon Cbt Sqd took like forever to kill... bloody cover save with Scatterfield objective on them was like having 2 bolstered defences. Your Scout Sqd in Aegis Def line with Telion was quite hard to shake as well. All 3 units were sitting on objectives and took a hell of a shooting before going down on Turn 4 or 5...

My vehicle positioning could have been improved but on that note, you might want to rethink on ur own delivery system... LR and DP alone is ok but you might want to invest on other methods for contingency... ur Outflanking (FW gimmicks) is good but leaves ur troops open to retaliation (if anyone is nearby) when they arrive

Other highlights,
- Ironclad's Assault launchers provide 5+ cover to itself if it is being shot at from within 8 inches
- ruins with only 1 entry way can be hard for units on top floor to get out if the exit is blocked (you need 3 to come down and if entry was blocked by for an example a LR, you need another 3 to be 1 inch away, and that is on 2D6)
- TFC is a random beast but kills a lot if on target... this is the 3rd time I saw it happening
- Sevrin Loth is E-V-I-L Twisted Evil Only a Dreadnought could do something to him and be relatively safe
- you may have problems with Alpha Strike armies who get to go ahead of you but that depends on how you deploy

That's it for now I guess

Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:44 am

Ironclad assault launchers gives defensive nades which is only 'stealth'. Most of the time, only 6+.

I think i didnt maximise the FW gimmick. I will have to learn to utilise infiltrate better.

I agree with the delivery mechanism but this list was designed around a deathstar which i m not so accustomed to. Hence there will be glaring weaknesses. If u remember my SW list, there are no deathstars in it. I just thought of something. What about lysander, loth and TH/SS termies. That would be quite funny and really ruin someone's day.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:17 am

Yup.. Lysander + 10 Termies infiltrating is gonna hurt badly. My several RG playtest with them provide enough proof of how devastating they are. They got "Fleet" somemore thanks to Shrike. That's why I limit them to just Lysander + 5 Termies for casual play.

For tourney boleh lah kot Smile
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Yup, Lysander is cool... you might consider changing the TH&SS termies to tac termies to maximise on Lysander's bolter drill...

That would mean 2 EW units and one with 4 wounds I think... darn scary death star although against the benchmark of the Chosen One and the Tyrant, it may still be insufficient. That's a huge point sink there... and you know larr... LRs these days can be popped by numerous cheap CSM meltas, MC smashes or even dark lances...

Disclaimer: Am just saying. This does not mean you should build a list that anti them. All-comer lists should be the ideal IMHO.
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:01 am

Oh one more thing I just realised about Lysander which I have not seen many people using or highlighting...

Lysander has the capability to Bolster Defense like a Techmarine... What better way to improve cover saves for your shooty base than to have this?

Imagine if you have Lysander and a TFC Techmarine plus ur ADL. You don't need to rely on objectives to give you Scatter Field anymore. And if you do get them ur cover save would be 2+... dang, now that is hard to shake... Cool
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 am

Bolster Defense cannot be used on Fortifications lar bro.. only Ruins. It is still handy though. Summore a ruin can only be 'bolstered' once.
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks Kadir... I guess I have been unclear on this... I'll try to explain

You see, Yip has 3 fire support bases in our game... a full Sct Sqd with Telion, a Plasma Cannon Cbt Sqd and a Lascannon Cbt Sqd. The scout took cover in the ADL hence they get 3+ cover with their stealth. Both Cbt Sqds on the other hand had 4+ cover in ruins but interestingly the objective they were guarding had Scatter Field and thus they also got 3+ cover.

Had Lysander and a TFC Techmarine been present, the Cbt Sqds do not have to rely on the objective to get +1 cover. Instead they automatically become 3+ cover.

And if by some luck Yip gets Scatter Field on any of the 3 positions, it would be 2+ cover for them without the need for going to ground.

Cool right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am

Oh.. I must have read it wrongly then Smile

Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:53 am

Had a funny game with hakim last saturday. 2k points.

My list (please refer to 1st page for what they do)
- sevrin loth
- ahdzra redth
- 5 TH/SS termies
- land raider crusader (extra armour, multi-melta)
- 10-men tactical squad (combi-melta, meltagun, lascannon)
- 10-men tactical squad (combi-plasma, plasmagun, plasma cannon)
- 10 scouts (telion, camo cloaks, missile launcher)
- ironclad dreadnought (heavy flamer, ironclad grenade lauchers)
- lucius pattern drop pod
- whirlwind hyperios (anti-air whirlwind. S8 AP3: heavy 1, skyfire, interceptor)
- thunderfire cannon
- aegis defence line with quad gun

His list
- dante
- 5-men sang guard (4 melta pistol, powerfist)
- corbulo
- 5 assault terminators (2 LC, 3 TH/SS)
- 5 tactical terminators (2 chainfist, 1 CML)
- 10-men tactical squad (plasmagun, plasma cannon) - combat squaded
- 5-men assault squad (melta pistol, meltagun) in drop pod
- stormraven
- baal predator (assault cannon, heavy bolter sponsons)
- predator (autocannon, lascannon sponsons)
- 7-men devastator squad (4 missile launchers)

Mission - The Scouring.

Deployment - Dawn of War. BA 1st turn. night fighting.
BA (from left to right)
- Devastator squad on ruins with good LOS (left quadrant)
- Baal predator behind LOS blocking terrain which scouted in front (centre quadrant)
- Las pred hiding behind LOS blocking terrain (centre quadrant)
- Plasmagun combat squad behind LOS blocking terrain (centre quadrant)
- Tactical termies with corbulo (between centre and right quadrants)
- Dante and Sang Guard (right quadrant)
- Plasma cannon combat squad in terrain next to objective (right quadrant)
- Drop pod with assault squad and SR with TH/SS termies in reserve

SM (from left to right)
- scouts in fortifications (centre quadrant)
- land raider with etc etc (between centre and right quadrants)
- whirlwind (right quadrant)
- TFC (right quadrant)
- Drop pod with ironclad in reserve
- 2 tactical squads outflanking

Highlights of each Turn
Turn 1
BA
- Assault squad drop podded down next to TFC. Drop pod survived a missile from whirlwind. 2 melta shots aimed at TFC's techmarine, 1 missed, 1 failed to wound. TFC survived!!!
- dante and sang guard shuffled their asses into an area terrain. Besides that, nothing much.
- devastator and baal pred shot scouts camping in aegis. a couple of 2+ saves later, 2 dead scouts.
- las pred and tactical termies shot LRC but nothing happened.
SM
- drop pod with ironclad scattered. aimed at plasma cannon combat squad dropped next to sang guard instead. since my drop pod is a Fast Attack, could've potentially captured or denied the objective held by the combat squad.
- LRC pivoted and unloaded loth with termies towards assacult squad and drop pod.
- scouts shot at tactical termies. IIRC, killed a chainfist dude. 1 more chainfist left.
- TFC didnt kill anything.
- After some shooting, loth and termies charged surviving 2 assault marines. went to issue challenge. may have misread the rule but since the sergeant 'retreated', there was no way to kill him. took 1st blood by 'multiple charging' and destroying drop pod.
- PF sang guard stood closest to ironclad. sweet... 1 melta, 1 heavy flamer and 1 assault grenade later, PF guard died, even with FNP. ironclad charged the squad and killed the remaining 4 sang guards. dante hit and ran away.

Turn 2
BA
- BA failed to bring in stromraven. decided to use corbulo re-roll and succeeded. zoomed right in front of my scouts. shot it with quad gun scoring 1 pen and 1 glance. Hakim decided not to use evade. SR was stunned. Unfortunately, whirlwind couldnt glance or pen it.
- SR shot whirlwind with multi-melta but whirlwind passed cover save.
- surviving assault squad sergeant shot and charged termies. died in assault phase.
- devastator and baal pred shot scouts camping in aegis. a couple of 2+ saves later, no dead scouts.
- dante attached to tactical termies and corbulo, and came for the ironclad. ironclad died to chainfist as expected but the damage was already done. the sang guards are no more.
SM
- plasma tactical came in from left. shot devastators. killed 3. Ld passed.
- melta tactical came in from right. shot combat squad with plasma cannon. killed 2. Ld passed.
- loth and termies embarked on LRC and turned towards SR and took pot shots at baal pred which lost 1 HP.
- scouts shot at devastators but didnt kill any.
- TFC didnt kill anything (again).

Turn 3
BA
- SR hovered and unloaded 5 TH/SS and destroyed whirlwind with multi-melta.
- TH/SS proceeded to wipeout scout squad with no loss.
- Las pred took 1 HP off LRC.
- dev squad killed the plasmagun dude stupidly standing in front.
- plasma cannon killed 2 meltagun tacticals on the right. went to ground but still failed to save.
- dante, corbulo and surviving chainfist termie moved towards meltagun tacticals.
SM
- loth and TH/SS termies killed 3 BA TH/SS termies and lost a sergeant in challenge.
- TFC killed 1 tactical marine from plasmagun combat squad. WOW!!!
- LRC destroyed SR with multi-melta and the baal pred which strayed too near the assault cannon.
- plasma tacticals wiped out dev squad.
- melta tacticals snapped fired at plasma cannon tacs. did nothing.

Turn 4
BA
- dante, corbulo and chainfist termie charged remaining melta tacticals. overwatched and only melta got through. chainfist termie's face ate the shot for dante after passing look out sir. corbulo killed sergeant in challenge and dante killed off the remaining 6 dudes. consolidated to stand between TFC and remaining tactical squad.
- remaining TH/SS sergeant died in assault phase.
SM
- loth and termies embarked on LRC which moved towards the remaining BA units.
- plasmagun tacticals moved into ruins towards objective.
- TFC did jack shit (AGAIN!!!!).

Turn 5
BA
- Remaining on table: las pred, 5-men combat squad in middle, 2-men combat squad with dante and corbulo on the right.
- nothing much happened.
SM
- Remaining on table: LRC with loth, redth and 4 TH/SS, 9 tacticals on the left quadrant, TFC and an unharmed drop pod.
- LRC immobilised far far away from objective.
- disembarked loth and termies with redth splitting up to target combat squad near middle objective.
- redth's charge failed due to distance.
- loth and termies charged las pred and destroyed it. consolidate towards objective on right quadrant.
- TFC rolled total of 11 hits! awesome! but then realise corbulo was standing nearest in front. cut the long story short, not even a wound got through the 3+ armour and 2+ FNP.

Turn 6
BA
- again nothing much happened except so shuffling and ineffective shooting.
SM
- redth killed off combat squad in middle after some shooting by LRC.
- loth and termies moved in towards dante. realised a gay combo whereby the enfeeble psychic power can drop the unit's T by 1 rendering them T3 and then shoot TFC's S6 shell in order to deny FNP. awesome right? then i rolled 11. crap!
- again the TFC scored 11 hits on the squad but corbulo took it all without breaking sweat.
- last chance saloon to win the game was to successfully charge dante's squad through terrain. needed 8+. rolled 6, 5 and 1.

Turn 7
Rolled a 3. GG.

Victory Points
BA's VP = 4 (holding the only objective worth 4 VPs)
SM's VP - 3 (holding objective worth 1 VP, First Blood and Linebreaker)

BA won! cheers

Last edited by cookie_yip on Mon May 06, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines Army List   Space Marines Army List Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines Army List
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next