Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fresh from oven

Go down 
+2
Dr-DOOOM!!!
3rdteen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
3rdteen

Honor Points : 3924

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:23 am

Hi There,

I'm new to this wargamming, do not have any experience. But very interested to learn. Fall in love because of awesome model and painting work, during magacon 2012 . . .

from that day, I try to do some research, however my route of interest bring me to wrong section. I buy some model of space marines just to paint. without reading any codex or understand the rule.

I really hope i can make some armies with my existing minis that i already have. Would require guidance from expert out there.

Thank You and Hello again...

P/S: I also accidentally brought warmachine (khador) - fall in loves with their warjacks and colossal....
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:27 am

welcome there! how should we address you?

you are starting the right time as the Space Marines will be getting a remake over next month. There will be a lot of cool juicy models for you to uga-uga over. Smile
Back to top Go down
3rdteen

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:39 am

Hi,

Can call me Pablo (malay if u wondering),

what I have right now

HQ- Chaplin with jumpack
Elite - Termis squad
     - Techmarines
Fast - 2x scout bike
Transport - Rhino
Troops - 9x SM with bolt gun

I'm thinking to focus my army on fast attack
- plan to get 10x SM with jumpacks

what else can you suggest
(after reading rule books - require 2 troops (do i need sergeant for each troops?), also idea on the troops would help....

thank you
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5366

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:51 am

welcome on board. have you gone to hobby forge yet
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
3rdteen

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:58 am

not yet...

will be planning to go around next weekend...

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:11 am

you might want to hold off with your purchases first and wait for the new space marine release scheduled next month.

just my 2cents Wink
Back to top Go down
3rdteen

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 am

ohh, okey . . .

noted, will be visiting HF and legio before purchasing.

thank you
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:26 am

if your hands are itchy (which we all can understand) you can buy the assault terminators.
they are really a must have for all space marines dude out there.
i don't foresee any big changes for them in the new codex maybe cheaper in points? who knows.
go ahead and get your hands dirty and ready for the release! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
3rdteen

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 am

already got one...still in sprue...not yet painting...not much color in stock as I just started...

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:45 am

Welcome to the hobby. Morale is very important, so keep the spirit high bro.
All the best to you Smile
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Welcome! Space Marines are awesome! The saviours of mankind, etc. have you decided which Chapter you would like to collect? You might want to check out the background and colors of the Chapters and choose one you like best. If you're really into the armies you're collecting, you'll find that you'll really enjoy the process of collecting, assembling, painting and building and playing with your armies. Don't worry about the tactics. Eventually you'll make it work for you. And when you manage to visit Legio, go look for Jeff, he's collected more Space Marine armies than most people I know personally.
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Btw, if you're really into jump packs, you might want to check out either Blood Angels or Raven Guard. While all Chapters have jump troops, these 2 are particularly passionate about jumping around w chain swords and stuff. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
3rdteen

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:03 am

i still not sure on the chapters...so any recommendation, on where or what can i look 1st... I totally new in this wargamming....just have some minis and fascinating with the minis detail....
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4673

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:31 am

Hi there and welcome to the hobby. Recommendations would be taking a look at Blood Angels and Space Wolves first. The new Space Marine Codex is apparently next month so you should just wait for a bit but for fluff you could just search the internet and read so you can see what their themes are and all. See what you like and pick one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fresh from oven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh from oven   Fresh from oven Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh from oven
Page 1 of 1