Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5. Panzer Div rocks!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5341

5. Panzer Div rocks! Empty
PostSubject: 5. Panzer Div rocks!   5. Panzer Div rocks! EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Last night was pretty cool. First time I played FOW tank company. First time I played Germans. I chose 5.Pz Div because it really reflects the confident veteran rating - the formation had been fighting since 1939 - Poland, France, Balkans, Eastern Front. And the division was getting prepped for North Africa - complete with desert brown paint scheme - before being transferred to Moscow. That explains why my Pz II Luchs recce team is still in desert colors.

Syamael's Russian horde was scary, to say the least, but the sheer manouvarability of the panzertruppen managed to carry the day with a classic pincer movement - with the apparently "weaker" left flank actually my assaulting flank, and the right flank that looks stronger (with Firestorm Tiger and Panther support) being a very powerful feint to pin the enemy anti-tank assets. His IL-2 airstrikes were quite effective, and now I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of rocket airstrikes (my British 11th Armd infantry company usually fights with rocket Typhoons on Priority Air Support). Lucky for me he only had limited air support.

The final assault against dug-in sappers was really scary. I was lucky that they broke after the initial charge, or it would have been a different story altogether.
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4929

PostSubject: Re: 5. Panzer Div rocks!   5. Panzer Div rocks! EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:40 am

Fui...nice write up.
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5338

PostSubject: Re: 5. Panzer Div rocks!   5. Panzer Div rocks! EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:20 am

that was an awesome fight.. it was my second game... superb is the word to describe it. Once i have more model to configure my army then we shall play again. Looking forward for next friday.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5341

PostSubject: Re: 5. Panzer Div rocks!   5. Panzer Div rocks! EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Indeed it was awesome. I think the early loss of your Su-76 company because of the deployment error helped me a lot. And I was quite lucky w some of my dice rolls too. 12 hits out of 16 MG shots on your oncoming SMG company charge was just too much!
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5338

PostSubject: Re: 5. Panzer Div rocks!   5. Panzer Div rocks! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:16 am

yup... 12 oout of 16.. that was crazy... you needed 10 hit.. yet you got them all. It was stupid to forget that you need a roll off to see who start. There i go thinking that i was going to start first... just to find out from you.. ok let roll to see who start... affraid ... that really screw me up. my plan was to clear you panzer with the SU 76 and take out those 2 tiger on the first turn.. if i had the first turn and manage to know out 3 of your panzer and your tiger.. it would have been lot different for me. Well it was only my second game i ever played.. but playing with lan is always alot of fun.. even when he taunts you.. Very Happy .

The more i loose the more i learn to improve.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5. Panzer Div rocks!   5. Panzer Div rocks! Empty

Back to top Go down

5. Panzer Div rocks!
Page 1 of 1