Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard

Go down 
+4
Dr-DOOOM!!!
cookie_yip
CikguDin
LordAK
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:39 am

biomancy and telepathy are both top pick. if your army is defensive, pick telepathy disrupt enemies. if your army is offensive, use biomancy to better support them. or just mix and match if you wish. Smile
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4970

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm

LordAK wrote:
All my scouts graduate already lor.. 10,000 years should be enough to graduate unless you're a damn slow learner.

eh?? tiba-tiba ada scouts pulak? hahahha Razz 

i have never played with 2 TFC but i think its a bit overkill. 1 should be sufficient IMHO. do let me know how it goes having 2 in a list.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Most of the vets got killed by Eldar. So have to rely on new 2013 intake hahaha..

TBH I want cheap troops that survives better so can take more units.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:33 am

I'm going to HF tomorrow. Waana try out the new RG. Will be using existing model so here is the list I'll bring tomorrow.

Chapter Master | THammer, Shield Eternal, Terminator Armour, Auspex - 240
Shrike
6 Assault Terminators | TH&SS - 270
7 Sternguard Vets | 2 Heavy Flamers, 3 CMeltas (Drop Pod with Deathwind Launcher) - 220
10 Tacticals | 1 Plasmagun, Sgt with CPlasma + Meltabombs (Rhino) - 205
10 Tacticals | 1 Plasmagun, Sgt with CPlasma + Meltabombs (Rhino) - 205
10 Assault Marines | 2 PlasPistols, Vet. Sgt. with FistClaw - 250
Storm Raven | TL-MMelta, TL-Lasscannon, Hurricane Bolters - 230
Total : 1849

The idea:
- CM to drop with the Sternguards. Call the bombardment and create havoc on the enemy line.
- Shrike and Assault Marines infiltrate closer. Together with the Scouting Rhinos, they will support the advance of CM.
- Terminators will ride the Storm Raven and make use of the Sky of Fury to be where they were needed the most. It is better to have Centurion Devs with Gravcannons since they can just drop and kill something. But don't have the models yet. Next time.
- I will roll on the Strategic Traits for CM and pray I don't roll 3 or 6.

Anyone wanna have a go tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Had a game vs NecronTau yesterday. It was a fun game where I lost 3-4.

Chapter Mastee is really good with 4 attacks, easily took out the Destroyer Lord. But I somehow forgot to use the orbital bombardment. Maybe next time should try him with the Burning Blade so can blind Tau and Neurons hahaha.

Tactical squads perform quite well but still they failed to beat Necron Warriors in combat.

Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5370

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:29 am

Interesting. Looks like a fun army to play.
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:04 am

The list is okay lah, but didn't benefit much from the RG Combat Tactics. In fact during the game, the only thing I did using RG Combat Tactics was Scouting the Rhinos forward. Other than that, they behave just like normal marines.

My Assault Squad didn't do much before dying. They destroyed 2 Annihilation Barge but then got shot to a few guys and assaulted by Wraiths.

To benefit from RG Combat Tactics, I'll need to rely on more Jumpacks.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Sounds like that's by design
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Yah.. So now I'm filling up more Jumpacks in my list!

Chapter Master | THammer, Shield Eternal, Artificer Armour, Jumpack, Auspex - 250
Shrike - 185
10 man Tactical | Meltagun, Sgt with CMelta, MMelta (Drop Pod with Deathwind Launcher) - 220
5 man Scouts | Camo, 3 Shotguns, 2 BP+CCW - 65
5 man Snipers | Camo - 70
5 man Snipers | Camo - 70
10 man Assault Squad | Vet Sgt with THammer - 210
10 man Assault Squad | Vet Sgt with PAxe+Meltabombs - 200
3 man Centurion Devastators | 3 Gravcannon+Amp, Hurricane Bolters - 250
Storm Raven | TL-MMelta, TL-Lasscannon, Hurricane Bolters - 230
Aegis Defense Line | Quadgun 100
Total : 1850
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Nice! That's pretty cool RG! I'm personally not too sure about the aegis, but scouts/Devastators behind it would be pretty good I guess. I like the many jump packs Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 am

I would take more jumpacks if they're as good as bikes. But they aren't, and cannot be taken as troops..

The static ADL doesn't really fit in RG theme (though I remember reading how ADL is easy to install/cabut and move around). But anyway, I need it to deal with Fliers.

Same with the Centurion, I need them to deal with Riptide/Knights. At 1st glance such a slow unit really isn't for RG. But with Storm Raven and Skies of Fury, they can easily fit the rapid deployment tactic of RG.

The list will almost always go 2nd. So I remove Rhinos to deny easy 1st blood, and all my troops (except CM and the 2nd Jumpack unit) has Stealth in the 1st round to make it even harder for the enemy to claim it.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:11 am

nice. very RG tactics. Let's game man!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:24 am

Against your Eldar? Scary..
When? I'll try and make it there.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:28 am

Possibly next Friday. Will confirm when I know my calendar better
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 am

Next Friday should be okay unless my wife ajak balik kampung for the Raya Haji. Summore got time to assemble my Centurions that may have arrived at HF already.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Had a very nice game vs a Thousand Sons army. Wrote a simple report on my blog.

Anyway my Marines fought bravely but still lose 4-9 in a KP game.

Looking forward to the next game.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Play a game against Jaivin. It was fun, but back home I realized a huge mistake I made in the game..

.. I did a 1st turn assault with infiltrators! Things would have been very much different otherwise.

Big sorry to Jaivin. My win just now don't count. Need to have a rematch someday.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 am

I had two games with my Raven Guard last Saturday.

The first game was a lost and here is the batrep RG vs Thousand Sons.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:29 am

Read your batrep. Brutal! We should have a game
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Nice batrep! He couldn't infiltrate with his DPs because he could only grant infiltration to infantries.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:23 pm

His list sounds fishy if you two are playing 1850pts.
Coz I work out his list. Arihman, Be'lakor, 2 x 13 Thousand Sons, Baledrake, Yuranthos DP (assuming fully load out: armor, wings, lvl4) is already at least 1760 points. And 6 chosens with 4 plasmaguns in a rhino is at least 200 points!!!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:51 am

The second batrep is ready. This one was against Dann.
Raven Guard vs Dark Eldar Coven

@Joe : Waah.. betul ka? The DPrince was fully loaded with Armour and Spell Familiar summore. I don't know the pointcost for TSons and the Chosens have 6 Plasmaguns (Most prolly 5 Plasma + 1 CPlasma since Champs cannot take Plasmagun).

Tak aci lah macam ni hahaha.

@Lan : On the 3rd Jan maybe can. Will you be around?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:58 am

I actually kena once from him so I am a bit careful on his list. When I asked him again after I realized it, he told me he brought the wrong list against me so I let it slide.

Not sure he's still doing it but last time he kept rolling dice first then only tell me what was it for.
Example for psychic disciplines, we should declare which discipline we are rolling on then only roll. He would roll first, then tell me he got what for which discipline. lol

That day I saw Dom was having a game with him and he tends to talk his way out of a rule mistake (not sure is it intended or genuine mistake) but I do know that I got to be more careful of him when playing against him la.

Well, maybe he still newbie in the hobby la.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:10 am

So this isn't the first time lah.. I'll be more cautious the next time I met him. Thanks bro Smile
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:09 pm

3rd Jan boleh! Set! Air Cav!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard   Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Against The Black Crusade : Raven Guard
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next