Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CSM Night Lord 1750 List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5017
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

CSM Night Lord 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:34 am

HQ
======
Daemon Prince
Daemon of Tzeentch,Wings,Power Armor,Black Mace,Dimensional Key

Troops
=======
Chaos Space Marine (10x including AC)
Lascannon,Veteran of Long War
AC - Gift Of mutation, power weapon, combi bolter

Chaos Space Marine (10x including AC)
Lascannon
AC - power weapon

Fast
======
Heldrake (hadecannon)

Heldrake (hadecannon)

Raptors (5x including AC)
Mark of Nurgle, 2 x Melta

Elites
======
Helbrute
power scourge, Twin-Linked Lascannon

Terminator (5x including AC)
Mark of Khorne,Veteran of Long War,powerfist x 4,Heavy Flamer
Champ-Gift,2 x power weapon

Heavy
======
Havoc
4 x Autocannon

Havoc
4 x Autocannon

- Not sure how well does troop choice fare without metal boxes
- Doesn't feel comfortable with the touch-and-die cultist, but if current list doesn't go far, will swap one squad of CSM for three blob of cultist (manyak need to paint!)
- Will try out both hadecannon and baleflamer on drake and then finally decide which one to go
- Just realize Aspiring Champ must issue and accept challenge, so kit up most of them
- Two power maul or two power axe for termi champ?
- It seems like this is yet another one year long painting project...LOL
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm

List for Legio Army Throwdown I, basically same as above, added in one unit of oblits to bump up to 2k

HQ
======
Daemon Prince (Assembled, primed, unpainted)
Daemon of Tzeentch, Wings, Power Armor, Black Mace, Dimensional Key

Troops
=======
Chaos Space Marine (10x inc AC) (two model assembled and primed)
Lascannon, Veteran of Long War
Champ:
Gift Of mutation, power weapon, combi bolter

Chaos Space Marine (10x inc AC) (painted)
Lascannon
AC
power weapon

Fast
======
Heldrake (hadecannon) (assembled, primed, unpainted)

Heldrake (baleflamer) (assembled, primed, unpainted)

Raptors (5x inc AC) (three model painted, remaining primed)
Mark of Nurgle, 2 x Melta

Elites
======
Helbrute (painted)
power scourge,Twin-Linked Lascannon

Terminator (5x inc AC) (one model painted, other primed)
Mark of Khorne,Vateran of Long War,powerfist x 4,Heavy Flamer
Champ
Gift of Mutation, 2 x power weapon

Heavy
======
Havoc (one partially painted, other primed)
4 x Autocannon

Havoc (assembled, primed)
4 x Autocannon

3 x Obliterators (not even purchase yet)
Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of Long War
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 am

Your Night Lords is well painted bro. If you can find points, give the CSM a Special Weapons. Plasmaguns would be good with the 24inch range since they looks like a camper.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 am

LordAK wrote:
Your Night Lords is well painted bro. If you can find points, give the CSM a Special Weapons. Plasmaguns would be good with the 24inch range since they looks like a camper.

I'm going to bring my NL out for a spin over coming weekend, will try to see how far does the current camper setup goes,
was thinking most of the time if kena assault, I could issue a challange, that is the reason no plasma/melta/flamer is given to them.

Also would like to try out how good is dimensional key for DP, if it sucks, I will drop the key and use the point to get some gear for the boys.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:05 am

helldrakes best go with baleflamer bro! Smile

better to take burning brand over black mace for your DP so that you can get confirm get 1 kill on 1st turn making your 2nd turn able to deepstrike with precision.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:16 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
helldrakes best go with baleflamer bro! Smile

better to take burning brand over black mace for your DP so that you can get confirm get 1 kill on 1st turn making your 2nd turn able to deepstrike with precision.

yes about baleflamer, but sadly I model one of the heldrake(the farting one =P) with hadecannon dy, well, on the bright side, I could used some anti air. The 1750 list did lacking some template/blast weapon, I have to admit.

Regarding the Dimensional Key, it will only be activate if "kill any model on fight sub phase", I think the trick is to make a successful assault on my first turn (chant : hakim better not reading this, hakim better not reading this, hakim better assault my DP, hakim better stay still and let my DP assault), a DP will do good with or without the burning brand if he manage to get into cc I guess.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:22 am

oooo... on the fight phase ah? then is a bit pity. lol
then hope you can pull that off. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 am

Quote :
was thinking most of the time if kena assault, I could issue a challange, that is the reason no plasma/melta/flamer is given to them.
I really dont understand this hahaha
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:55 am

LordAK wrote:
Quote :
I really dont understand this hahaha

Errr... I mean most of the time those two units of troops will hide behind cover at table edge (like a true Night Lord) and keep shooting that perky little lascannon, I think the threat actually comes from anything that can deepstrike/outflank and get to them up-close (my squad dont even have extra cc), if this is the scenario, I could always try to overwatch and then use the champ to issue a challange (finger cross there is a character in the unit that assault me =p), plus, my helbrute with power scourge will be babysitting them too =)

If the enemy is shooting from afar, it just a matter of pissing contest to see who can pour out more firepower at range and have better dice luck =P I'm pretty confident with those two squad of Havoc (don't disappoint me, boys...)

All of above is theoryhammer, I might miss something, still zero 6ed game under my belt What a Face If all else fail, I could do what I always do : foolishly grin and scratching my head, hope for the best and learn from the (painful) lesson, muahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:06 am

Don't think that will work, but yup, everyone has their own way to handle things Smile
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Played one and half game today =P

Game one : Kena turn two T.A... I don't even have chance to roll my reserve Laughing Bad dice roll and even more bad deployment =P

Game 1.5 : Tie, sort of, kind of... the game is cut short on turn two oso =P but this time around the Havoc did their job admirably. Also learn that Heldrake flaming termi = no use at all..LOL

Need some advice from chaosy sifu-sifus : normally how do you guys play your winged cc Daemon Prince? I learn that charging headlong on first turn is a *huge* mistake.. shall I keep him in reserve and come out later?

ps: Khairul, if you see this, mind PM me your contact so we can arrange a game next week?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Quote :
Also learn that Heldrake flaming termi = no use at all..LOL
Laughing Laughing Laughing

How to play daemon prince? 1st turn swooping. Go into LOS blocking terrain. Then do what they do best --> assault.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Also learn that Heldrake flaming termi = no use at all..LOL <-- i did this because I was greedy and wanted to vector strike one unit in the path, after landed I just realize that the only available target is termis =P bad decision

Quote :
How to play daemon prince? 1st turn swooping. Go into LOS blocking terrain. Then do what they do best --> assault.
So, looks like first turn assault is almost impossible... its better to drop the dimensional key I guess...

But I would keep the key for another few games and see how it fare for the deep strike on turn 3... also, the difficult and dangerous terrain effect looks kinda good for snaring units in a dense area

Am thinking maybe should swap daemon prince for either:

Chaos Lord
Termi Armor, Black Mace, Burning Brand, Sigil of Corruption, Dimensional Key, Mark Of Tzeentch (for 3+ invul, or Mark of Nurgle to avoid instant death from s8 weapon), Gift of Mutation, Veteran of Long War

====== or ======

Chaos Lord
Power Armor, Black Mace, Jump Pack, Sigil, MoT (or MoN)

plus

Chaos Sorcerer
Lv2 Mastery, termi armor, spell familiar

The first beefy termi lord load out is slightly less than my current DP load out, with a dimensional key to remove, more point can be saturate to normal unit for upgrade (am thinking the two squad of vanilla CSM will have plasma gun or extra cc, with a full VolW and Gift of Mutation upgrade)

The second option adds more dimension to the army by adding a sorcerer
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6175

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 pm

You can't take 2 chaos relics - the mace and the key are relics it's either or
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:22 am

pax, actually you can. check on the page where you have the wargears and points listed. there is a small number 3 beside the key. then check at the bottom of the page. it says it doesn't replace the weapon of the character is carrying.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 am

If you really fancy the Black Mace, then take it only on DPs. But the DP should never be your main character. Which means, always have another Character to lead your army.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 am

@Pax, Joe : I'm abit confuse on this also, on pg 69 of CSM dex, it reads "Only one of each of the following artefects may be chosen per army - there is only one of each of these items in the galaxy!", which could be interpret as :

1.) Only one artefect can be use per army (only black mace, and no other)
or
2.) No two same artefect can be choose for the army (no two black mace)

Thought?

@LordAK : yahor, should built another cheaper HQ and just camp with the CSM at the objective
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 am

On the relic:
i. each relic can only be taken once per army.
ii. a character can have as many Relic as they can, but a Relic that also count as a weapon can only be taken as replacement to existing weapon(s) that a character has in his profile.
Simple jer.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CSM Night Lord 1750 List   CSM Night Lord 1750 List Empty

Back to top Go down

CSM Night Lord 1750 List
Page 1 of 1