Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozz
Recruit
Recruit
Ozz

Honor Points : 4286

Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report   Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 am

Last Sunday, my LGS held a tournament for X-Wing new players. Only 32pts squad will be used in this tournament to help new players who just started the game to have fun and learn more on how to play the game. My LFG decided to change a bit and have their own house rules where before every match, both players will decide to either choose to use Rebels or Imperials but randomly rolling a die or flip a coin. Perhaps that’s a good idea, so that we will not have so-call boring match where Rebels vs. Rebels or even Imperials vs. Imperials. I decided to play in the tournament and here’s the list that I use.

My Rebel list:
Wedge – R2 Astromech, Expert Handling

My Imperial list:
Mauler Mithil
Night Beast

Most them was a quick matches due to only using 32pts squads.

Round 1:
I won the die roll and chooses to play Rebels side. I am more a Rebel player and I was glad to be able to use Wedge. The games were pretty fast, Wedge with Expert Handling is just awesome when able to do barrel roll. My opponent was using Mauler Mithil with Swarm Tactics and Obsidian Squad Pilot. My opponent didn’t use Swarm Tactics to his advantage and both TIEs were far apart from each other, so I took that to my advantage. Wedge manages to get both TIEs at range 1 and brought both TIEs down all thanks to Wedge ability and also Expert Handling.

Round 2:
This is an interesting match. I was going Rebel again and my opponent is on the Imperial side with Howlrunner with Swarm Tactics and Academy Pilot. Similar to the 1st round match, this time around, my opponent was a tough one since he know how to take Swarm Tactic to his advantage. Both of his TIEs moves in formation and I did a mistake by moving too close to both his TIEs. Since I get to attacked first, I attacked his Academy Pilot, got a couple of hits but he manages to evade. Then his Academy Pilot got a couple of hits and Wedge lose his shield, after that Mauler Mithil attacks with a perfect roll of 3 hits and my rolls no evade during my defense rolls, and that’s it, Wedge was down.

Round 3:
Finally I got to use the Imperial side, which is my very first time using the Imperials since I started playing X-Wing. And my opponent was using the infamous Luke Skywalker and this trusted companion R2D2. This was a long match. I still remember, both my TIEs we going directly has him due to Mauler Mithil ability. During this match both of us were doing many koiogran turn and we were just chasing each other backs. In the end I manage to finished Luke’s shield and secure the win with some critical hits. For me, I really like the Mauler Mithil with Night Beast squad build; they are so perfect with each other. Sorry again if this battle summary report is short. During the Kessel Run event, I will be sure to make a video battle report if possible. Will see how it goes.

Until next time, remember to stay on target and happy gaming. Cheers~
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4940

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report   Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:22 am

sweet...keep it coming
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report   Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 am

would be great with some pics man. But nice batrep non the less.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Ozz
Recruit
Recruit
Ozz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report   Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 am

Paxter wrote:
would be great with some pics man. But nice batrep non the less.

Thanks guys, I do have some pictures, sorry about that. I will be doing another battle report after tonight gaming session, will surely add some pictures with it.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6437

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report   Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:40 am

Yup.. Interesting batrep, though I had difficulty imagining the scene. Pictures would really help us understand how the game moves Smile
Back to top Go down
Ozz
Recruit
Recruit
Ozz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report   Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:13 am

LordAK wrote:
Yup.. Interesting batrep, though I had difficulty imagining the scene. Pictures would really help us understand how the game moves Smile

Thanks .. roger that. My next batrep will be with pictures for sure, but expect it to be tons of pictures :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report   Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: X-Wing Newbie Tournament Summary Report
Page 1 of 1