Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BA - Storm of Angels

Go down 
+2
dif2find
CikguDin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

BA - Storm of Angels Empty
PostSubject: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I have been neglecting my BA for quite a long time. The last time I played BA was when I tag-teamed with Syamael waay back in K2.

Well, with the 6th ed rules concerning flyers, I've no doubt that BA's Storm Raven is the best flyer there is next to IG's Vendetta. As a rule, no self respecting BA Commander would go for a campaign without taking at least 1 of this bird of prey.

The list I'm putting here is just for fun, since I don't have any SR. But, to actually building it is not impossible since the SRs are the only things I don't have at the moment hehehe.

BLOOD ANGELS 1750pts

HQ
1. Reclusiarch: Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Frag & Krak Grenades, Rosarius, Melta Bombs

2. Reclusiarch: Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Frag & Krak Grenades, Rosarius, Melta Bombs

TROOPS
1. Assault Sqd: Sergeant & 9 Assault Marines with Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, Frag & Krak Grenades, Jump Packs, 2 x Meltaguns, Sergeant's Infernus Pistol & Powersword.

2. Assault Sqd: Sergeant & 4 Assault Marines with Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, Frag & Krak Grenades, Jump Packs, 1 x Meltagun, Sergeant's Powersword.

ELITES
1. Assault Terminators: Sergeant & 4 Terminators, 2 x pairs of LCs, 3 x THs & SSs

2. Assault Terminators: Sergeant & 4 Terminators, 2 x pairs of LCs, 3 x THs & SSs

3.(a). Brother Corbulo

3.(b). Sanguinary Priest: Bolt Pistols, Powersword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Blood Chalice, Jump Pack

HEAVY SUPPORTS
1. Storm Raven: Ceramite Plating, Extra Armour, T/L Multi-Meltas, T/L Lascannons, 4 Bloodstrike Missiles, Sponsons Hurricane Bolters

2. Storm Raven: Ceramite Plating, Extra Armour, T/L Multi-Meltas, T/L Lascannons, 4 Bloodstrike Missiles, Sponsons Hurricane Bolters

Total = 1750pts

Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5368

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:31 am

why cant space wolves take storm raven... would be nice to have a flyer.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:41 am

Cuz SW have TWCs!!

Doesn't the fluff says that SW like to keep their feet firmly on the ground - hence no deepstriking nor untrusworthy flying contraptions hehehe...
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 am

CikguDin wrote:
Cuz SW have TWCs!!

Doesn't the fluff says that SW like to keep their feet firmly on the ground - hence no deepstriking nor untrusworthy flying contraptions hehehe...

hahaha... i guess the should have a 20 man drop pod if thats the case. Also a casious drop pod.. allow unit to assault once they land.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5371

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 am

SW cannot have stormraven because their feral brute strength would break the controls and they would crash and burn all the time ...

Or at least that's what Ahriman tells me Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 am

spunkybass wrote:
SW cannot have stormraven because their feral brute strength would break the controls and they would crash and burn all the time ...

Or at least that's what Ahriman tells me Laughing

hahahha... that really something. Every one thinks SW are a bunch of beserker. You guys need to read prospero burn.. it would give you a good picture what the SW are really like.. well i dont deny they are feral to a certain extend. But why they are like that.. read the book. Every chapter have their specific duty.

@ yip- pinjam battle of the fang.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6176

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 am

vikings are not actually just pure brutality but with that said flying contraptions are something too technical for a space wolf Razz

Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 am

hahahaha... pax.. good one there.
Back to top Go down
Padios
Private
Private
Padios

Honor Points : 4345

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 pm

The SW are feral but not frenzied killers... that's where the similarity ends. The SW are cunning and practice pack tactics like their namesake, the wolf.
Back to top Go down
http://padios-minime.blogspot.com
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Enough about the SW already. Here is a 2nd version of my BA with only 1 SR.

The 1st list is a very risky list in a sense that if my Troops are wiped out in Turn 1, then I'll automatically lost the match. This 2nd list will be able to handle that problem much better I think.

BLOOD ANGELS 1750pts

HQ
1. The Sanguinor

2. Reclusiarch: Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Frag & Krak Grenades, Rosarius, Melta Bombs

TROOPS
1. Assault Sqd: Sergeant & 9 Assault Marines with Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, Frag & Krak Grenades, Jump Packs, 2 x Meltaguns, Sergeant with Powerfist & Stormshield.

2. Assault Sqd: Sergeant & 9 Assault Marines with Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, Frag & Krak Grenades, Jump Packs, 2 x Meltaguns, Sergeant with Powerfist & Stormshield.

ELITES
1. Assault Terminators: Sergeant & 4 Terminators, 2 x pairs of LCs, 3 x THs & SSs

2. Furioso Dreadnought: Frag Cannon, Bloodfist with built-in Meltagun, Magna Grapple; Transport - Drop Pod with Stormbolter

3.(a). Brother Corbulo

3.(b). Sanguinary Priest: Bolt Pistols, Powersword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Blood Chalice, Jump Pack

HEAVY SUPPORTS
1. Storm Raven: Ceramite Plating, Extra Armour, T/L Multi-Meltas, T/L Lascannons, 4 Bloodstrike Missiles, Sponsons Hurricane Bolters

Total = 1750pts

The plan:-

Sanguinor will stick close to the 2 RAS with one of them joined by da Sang-Priest. Thus the 2 RAS will have attack value equivalent to Vanguard Vets.

& if I can get 1 of the RAS Sergeant to receive the blessing of Sanguinor to boost his stats (+1WS, +1W, +1I & +1A), then he'll be really a kick-ass supporting character with 3+/3++ & FnP & 5 S9 attacks when charging Twisted Evil !!

The Furioso Dredd will just be a nuisance in the enemy deployment zone. He is well equipped to handle vehicles as well as infantry sqds.

Now, if only I can get psybolt ammo upgrade for my SR, then the SR would really be a beast of flying contraption (wishful thinking)...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:50 am

I like the list. So much better than the 1st one.
Except for the Reclusiarch lah. Why Reclusiarch? He's just a better Chaplain. And almost no one plays Chaplain anymore hahaha.. Why not a libby?

Furioso Dread.. even in 6th, I still hate that thing.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:54 am

I need sth that can help the Termies to hit better when assaulting.

Can't take a Libby cuz the SR can only carry 12 passengers. 5 Termies + Corbulo = 11 men already, so if I want to take a Libby, he'd have to be in power armour only (no invul sv), & we know how short a career he would have on the battlefield right?

Plus, the new psy-powers in the BRB needed LOS, so he can't just stay on the SR cuz the SR doesn't have any firing point & will not contribute anything to the Termies.

I can't take a cheapo Chappy cuz all my Elite slots are already taken, so I'd have to take the Reclusiarch fr the HQ slot. At +30pts compared to the Elite Chappy, he has +1BS, +1W, +1I & +1A, plus all the usual stuffs a Chappy gets. So he's my best option for the role I that I needed him to be.

Another option that I can get for the army at the same pt cost of the Reclusiarch is a Pred with AC & sponsons LC. Being a BA Pred (fast vehicle), its much more mobile than the other Preds fr the other chapters.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:33 pm

It is rare to see Assault Terminators performz badly in combat, even without Chaplain. Keep him if you like, but I dont see him as a good buy. Maybe if you give him Jumpack and joins Assault Squad would be better.

Quote :
Another option that I can get for the army at the same pt cost of the Reclusiarch is a Pred with AC & sponsons LC. Being a BA Pred (fast vehicle), its much more mobile than the other Preds fr the other chapters.
Pred doesn't fit this list.

At 1st I thought you're gonna come up with a DoA list. Try that approach lah bro. No one is brave enough to try that out here yet Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BA - Storm of Angels   BA - Storm of Angels Empty

Back to top Go down

BA - Storm of Angels
Page 1 of 1