Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4569

Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... Empty
PostSubject: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm wondering if the folks here consider Sport Table Soccer a "miniature game"?

Subbuteo re-launched last year at the London Toy Fair after an absence of 15 years (got killed by computer/console soccer games), and following our re-launch in Malaysia in October last year, it has become the fastest selling/growing "miniature" game after X-Wing.

We are now setting up "home stadiums" to kick-off our first league, and we are currently a member of FISTF and WASPA, the 2 world bodies governing the sport, where we hope to eventually see a Malaysian in the World Cup (note: the last one was held last year at the Etihad stadium after the London Olympics).

Do let me know if you would like Sport Table Soccer to be a part of this forum...

Thanks for your feedback!
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:29 pm

holy cow. I actually still have pitches, goals, balls and teams from the 1970s - even the old astropitch. Saw this at PI last year
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

yay! believe it or not, that makes you one of many... subbuteo used to have a huge fan base here until it faded away, and i discovered this after we re-launched the game as many of the initial buyers of the new sets were players of old, now buying them for their kids... the good news is that many have started to pick up the game so our joining WASPA is very timely to take the game to the next level.

do let me know if you think this is appropriate under this forum, and even if legio or anyone would like to be a "home stadium"!
Back to top Go down
Padios
Private
Private
Padios

Honor Points : 4336

PostSubject: Re: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:21 am

I have the stadium set, complete with stands, and battery operated floodlights. Haven't dug it out for ages so not sure whether the electronics still work.
Back to top Go down
http://padios-minime.blogspot.com
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Are you guys keen to play again, and join the league?
Back to top Go down
Padios
Private
Private
Padios

Honor Points : 4336

PostSubject: Re: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm in Penang so not sure if that'll work. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://padios-minime.blogspot.com
imagine.games
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Actually we will be starting up in Penang so let me know if you would like to join!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...   Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc... Empty

Back to top Go down

Sport Table Soccer - aka Subbuteo, Zeugo, etc...
Page 1 of 1