Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company Empty
PostSubject: Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company   Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Looking at the DA Codex (borrowed fr my kin - AK), I think I've found a perfect army to field my 20+ temies (15 tac termies + 8 aslt termies + 1 Termie-Libby) & LRC.

The icing on the cake is that this particular successor of the DA uses red as their primary colour-scheme with silverish arms & helmets. As a certified chair-leg (kaki bangku) painter, this is perfect for my models which were painted red.

I haven't even draft an army list yet, so those who think they can give their 2-cents worth of ideas..pls feel free to contribute here.

To begin with, I have 2 options that I can choose for my mandatory HQ in order to qualify this as a 1st company list:-
a). Azrael (my wife said that "Hey! Nama ayai (my youngest child's pet-name) keluar dalam buku ni eh?! Glamour-nye!!")

b). Belial

The 2nd HQ would be a Lvl.2 Termie-Librarian (TL for short) with PFG, Force-Axe & Combi-Melta/Plasma.

The way I see it, if I take Belial + TL, then I can have 2 Termie-Command Sqds. The 1st TCS would be carrying the Sacred Std of Fortitude while the 2nd TCS will carry the DW Co. Banner.

So far, HQ sub-total = 951pts.

Next, for Troops, I'd need at least 3 sqds of DWTs, 2 x 5-men tac-termies & 1 5-men aslt-termies = 730pts.

Balance = 69pts.

This is where i'm stuck. Not only that, I do not have anything remotely useful AAA capability.

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company   Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 pm

I cant see it properly without breakdown. I assume:

Belial
- 5 man Command Squad | Banner of Fortitude
Libby
- 5 man Command Squad | DW Co. Banner
2x5 man Shooty Terminators
1x5 man Assault Terminators

Is that all? Waah.. so small.

Too expensive lah the Banner of Fortitude. Discard one of the Banner lah. I would happily trade one Command Squad for the 4th Troops.

Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company   Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Banner of Fortitude is 85pts while DW Co. Banner is 45pts.

The former is great for defense as all DA friendly models within 12" get FnP. With the majority of my termies are shooty tac-termies, getting 2+/5++/FnP is awesome indeed, especially in an army this small & elite.

The latter makes friendly Inner Circle models within 6" gaining +1A.

Well, if I have to forgo 1 option, it'd definitely be the DW Co. Banner. By making the 2nd DWCS into the 4th Troop DWT, i'm saving 45pts in addition to the 69pts (thus total balance = 114pts).

Another option is not to take the 4th DWT but instead 2 sqds of 5-men Devastators with 4 Missile Launchers (upgraded with Flakk missiles @ 170pts each). The Libby will stick into 1 sqd while the 2nd sqd stay close so that both can benefit from his Powerfield Generator 4++ bubble. At least they'd have 50% chance to survive when the Hell-turkey appears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company   Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company Empty

Back to top Go down

Guardians of The Covenant 1st Company
Page 1 of 1