Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My blood angel army !!!

Go down 
+2
dann.toh
FelixDarrel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixDarrel

Honor Points : 3866

My blood angel army !!! Empty
PostSubject: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:46 pm

So I just placed my order for my blood angel army. Kinda a bittersweet experience. Bitter cause gawd damn i just spent RM 1800.00 in a flash and the fact its gonna take a while to get to me. Sweet cause gawd damn I am gonna get my BA army !!!

I though I would start this post to track my progress and get advise from ppl as I make my way through the experience till finally I can field em on a desktop.....someday.

So for my 1850 point army I have everything on the way except Mephiston.... can probably pick that up locally right ?? Anyone know where I can get one here either KL or PJ ??

Just to be annoying this is what I purchased today
==================================================================
Quantity: 2 48-09 Space Marine Assault Squad (5)
Quantity: 1 48-21 Space Marine Razorback (1)
Quantity: 1 48-23 Space Marine Predator Tank (1)
Quantity: 1 48-34 Space Marine Terminator Close Combat (5)
Quantity: 1 48-37 Space Marine Reclusiam Command Squad PLASTIC BOX ~ SEP 7
Quantity: 1 41-11 Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnought (1)
Quantity: 1 41-07 Blood Angels Death Company (5)
Quantity: 2 41-10 Stormraven Gunship (1)
Quantity: 1 21-03 Mephiston Red - Base
Quantity: 1 21-07 Cantor Blue - Base
Quantity: 1 21-25 Abaddon Black - Base
Quantity: 1 21-27 Rakarth Flesh - Base
Quantity: 1 21-28 Leadbelcher - Base
Quantity: 1 22-02 Flash Gitz Yellow - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-03 Troll Slayer Orange - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-05 Evil Suns Scarlet - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-32 Ushabti Bone - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-49 Dawnstone - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-57 White Scar - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-59 Ironbreaker - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-61 Gehenna's Gold - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-62 Auruc Armour Gold - Layers
Quantity: 1 24-09 Seraphim Sepia - Shade
Quantity: 1 24-12 Nuln Oil - Shade
Quantity: 1 26-06 Stirland Mud - Textured
Quantity: 1 27-02 Lahmian Medium
Quantity: 1 27-03 Ardcoat
Quantity: 1 TAP CP3001 Army Painter: Base Primer Matte Black
Quantity: 1 TAP CP3006 Army Painter: Colour Primer Pure Red
Quantity: 1 TAP BR7001 Army Painter: Hobby Brush Precise Detail
Quantity: 1 TAP BR7004 Army Painter: Wargamer Brush Insane Detail
Quantity: 1 TAP BR7005 Army Painter: Wargamer Brush Detail
Quantity: 1 TAP BR7009 Army Painter: Wargamer Brush Small Drybrush
Quantity: 1 TAP BR7014 Army Painter: Wargamer Brush The Psycho
Quantity: 1 VAL 26519 Vallejo Acrylic Varnish: 60ml Satin
Quantity: 1 21-27 Rakarth Flesh - Base
Quantity: 1 22-61 Gehenna's Gold - Layers
Quantity: 1 22-23 Warpstone Glow - Layers
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5241

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:12 am

Wow that's a big investment! Very Happy
Maybe it'll be easier to advise you once you have a list in mind. But good commitment on your part!
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 am

dann.toh wrote:
Wow that's a big investment! Very Happy
Maybe it'll be easier to advise you once you have a list in mind. But good commitment on your part!
I think looking at the bits above you can pretty much see my army list already.

I am still looking for Mephiston locally.

The reclusiam command pack is kinda cool... It has the reclusiarch model which is one of my HQ choice, a razorback which i need and some bits which I am gonna use to bring my death company to 7 instead of having to buy a second death co box.

Any recommendations for glue I should use for the models ??
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:24 am

...I'll probably add my planned detailed army list tonight when I get home so I can get some thoughts
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6437

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:29 am

True.. better to come up with a list 1st then only buy Smile
Back to top Go down
Ivanng

Ivanng

Honor Points : 4441

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:33 am

Can't wait to see the army on the table. Good luck mate!
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:43 am

LordAK wrote:
True.. better to come up with a list 1st then only buy Smile
Yeah I did plan my army list over a few weeks...6 weeks to be axact And this week I was kinda happy with the list I had so I decided to celebrate by pulling the trigger on the purchase.

How I planned my army list :
I used the army calculator - great tool just to plug and tweak and see possibilities.
The BA codex
Lots and lots and lots of googling and seeing various builds and how they are used.
Viewed alot of battlereps.
Last but not least Vanity and fun.... I mean I know having mephiston in the army is like a huge point sync and also he will be an instant target... but gawd he is so cool....and I read somewhere you can never build the perfect army as long as you love it, it will pay you back with hours of mayhem.
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:09 am

So my imminent questions :

1) Anyone know where I can pick up a Mephiston ??
2) Any recommendations on what glue to use ??
3) How many dice should I get and is it worth splitting them up colour wise or just get all the same ??
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:58 am

You could give the LGS around you a call and see if they stock one. And if not, then you could place an order for him. Being an unconventional choice, they wouldn't stock him otherwise, so maybe it's best to place an order and hope it comes in in their next shipment.

For glues, it depends what you wanna use it on. For plastics, there are special 'plastic glues' that are not adhesive in nature. They are actually more acid-like in that they melt the plastic and bonds them almost permanently. Why I'm detailing this for you is cuz plastic glues don't work for metal and fine-cast models, which will not melt to the plastic glues - so super glue is recommended for materials other than plastic.

For dice, it's entirely up to you, most of us have up to two different colour dices for multiple gameplay reasons. For example, you could use one set as your rolling dice and another set, as wound or result markers.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:08 am

dann.toh wrote:
You could give the LGS around you a call and see if they stock one. And if not, then you could place an order for him. Being an unconventional choice, they wouldn't stock him otherwise, so maybe it's best to place an order and hope it comes in in their next shipment.

For glues, it depends what you wanna use it on. For plastics, there are special 'plastic glues' that are not adhesive in nature. They are actually more acid-like in that they melt the plastic and bonds them almost permanently. Why I'm detailing this for you is cuz plastic glues don't work for metal and fine-cast models, which will not melt to the plastic glues - so super glue is recommended for materials other than plastic.

For dice, it's entirely up to you, most of us have up to two different colour dices for multiple gameplay reasons. For example, you could use one set as your rolling dice and another set, as wound or result markers.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, yeah that was helpful. Think the only finecast will be mephiston... so yeah plastic glues all round and will whip out the old uhu for mephiston I guess.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:17 am

super-glue! don't use uhu! uhu doesn't work!
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 am

dann.toh wrote:
super-glue! don't use uhu! uhu doesn't work!
Cool. Always thought UHU was super glue... ah welll you learn something new everyday.

Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: My Army List   My blood angel army !!! EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:02 pm

HQ
Mephiston, Lord of Death

Reclusiarch
Power Armour
Bolt Pistol

Elites
Terminator Assault Squad
5x Terminator with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Assault Squad
4x Assault Marines
Razorback
Twin Linked Lascannon
Veteran Sergeant
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs

Assault Squad
4x Assault Marines
Razorback
Twin Linked Lascannon
Veteran Sergeant
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

Death Company
7x Bolter, 4x Chainsword, 7x Death Company Marine, 2x Power Sword, Thunder Hammer

Death Company Dreadnought
Blood Talons, Magna Grapple, Replace Storm Bolter with Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support
Predator
Lascannon, Twin Linked Lascannon

Stormraven Gunship
Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta

Stormraven Gunship
Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta

Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 am

So any thoughts on my army list ??

Also does anyone have one of those home made static grass applicator ??? ... I wanna make some grass tufts...
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 am

urm nope, but army painter has a wide selection of static grass u just need to pluck off and glue. It looks really nice too.

About your list gotta play it on the field and see how it goes. Personally its super light on troops so, for a new guy to the game that will cost you a lot in games.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 am

Paxter wrote:
urm nope, but army painter has a wide selection of static grass u just need to pluck off and glue. It looks really nice too.

About your list gotta play it on the field and see how it goes. Personally its super light on troops so, for a new guy to the game that will cost you a lot in games.

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I get the army painter grass ??
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6145

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm

either online, or from wolf game shop they bring in quite a lot of stuff from army painter
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:58 am

Paxter wrote:
either online, or from wolf game shop they bring in quite a lot of stuff from army painter
Thanks.

I went by wolfsgame over the weekend. No one was around. I'll try again maybe this weekend,

Ordering online would be local or from the US ??
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6157

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:12 am

i think for beginners can start with GW static grass. They still have a good range of it.

you can visit Hobby Forge at Kota Damansara Cova Square. the owner Alvin is pretty good in this hobby and will help satisfy all your hobby gaming needs. Smile
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:16 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
i think for beginners can start with GW static grass. They still have a good range of it.

you can visit Hobby Forge at Kota Damansara Cova Square. the owner Alvin is pretty good in this hobby and will help satisfy all your hobby gaming needs. Smile
ty.
Back to top Go down
FelixDarrel

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 am

Whilst waiting for my army and paints etc to arrive I have tweaked my army heaps to make it more competitive ... I hope.

I was wondering if there will be any painting clinics soon, I would like to attend just to see ppl paint as I prepare to start painting up my army when it arrives in a week or two.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6157

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:55 am

The new hobby forge at Kelana Jaya has Carl. He's the best or at least 1 of the best painter in Malaysia which he can give you a painting tutorial if you bribe him with a drink. Smile

If you looking to test your painting skills, you can visit Wira Games at Subang Jaya. They have a paint station where the paints are free to be used by newbies to paint their figures there. They don't carry GW paints. They have Vallejo paints which have wider range than GW paints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My blood angel army !!!   My blood angel army !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

My blood angel army !!!
Page 1 of 1