Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...

Go down 
+4
LordAK
dann.toh
AznJake
limp83
8 posters
AuthorMessage
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 4978
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... Empty
PostSubject: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 am

Ok, two question:

1.) If the table is full of small terrain pieces that provide cover safe for infantry (eg: scattered aegis defense line pieces), and it was in the path of vehicle moving direction, can the vehicle pass through it in a straight line, or need to move in a direction that does not block by said pieces and then pivot, move again?

2.) When outflanking in a vehicle (my example: Chaos Chosen in Rhino), after moving the vehicle, can I pivot the vehicle 180 degree (or 360 degree, the back door/side door facing my target), then unload my marine to gain those extra few inches (I guess if side door it would be not much difference, but if we can pivot 360 degree, that's an extra 2" I guess...), I noe, it might smell abit .. cheesy, just curious and wanna find out =p
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4875

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:26 am

1. Depends on how you and your opponent wants to treat the object as blocking vehicles but allows other units to move through it.

You can try applying logic and practicality within the context of the rulebook then.
There's no rule saying terrain pieces are destroyed when going through terrain pieces, if you allow it. The question to ask is, can you sit on top of a aegis defense line piece with your rhino if it cannot completely move to a flat surface.

2. Correct me if I am wrong but are you talking about pivoting 90 degrees or 180 degrees? You can pivot 360 degrees but wouldn't that mean you just turned a full rotation?
Of course you can pivot 90/180 degrees when you outflank, but that would mean your back/side armour is exposed, that wouldn't be cheesy.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 am

1. you can navigate your vehicles over pieces of terrain and save yourself from being immobilised... or you can go the non-pansy approach and just run your vehicles over them, take a dangerous terrain test, and get in there with your foes!

2. when arriving from reserve, your vehicle can arrive any way they want, but the vehicle's final placement MUST be inside the 12 inch movement.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 am

Whether a terrain piece is dangerous or not depends on the players. Tank traps, probably; a piece of metal immobilising a vehicle? Depends the player wants to make it so.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6428

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:24 pm

For question 1: depends purely how you define the terrain piece before game. If the terrain was defined as Impassible for vehicle than you cannot go through it.

Question 2: The move is valid. But remember, however you pivot the thing, the centre must stay at the same place. I say this because, there's quite a few time where I saw people pivot 90 degrees at the end of their move, then push the vehicle to the 12 inch mark on the measuring tape --> wrong.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4919

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:25 pm

I know a player that places the DE raider sideways and moves 12" then turns it 90 degree just to gain a few more inches then disembarks 2", fleet and assaults in your face.....now that's cheesy
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4931

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:12 pm

doc wrote:
I know a player that places the DE raider sideways and moves 12" then turns it 90 degree just to gain a few more inches then disembarks 2", fleet and assaults in your face.....now that's cheesy

sounds like all DE players... LOL
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 pm

AznJake wrote:
1. Depends on how you and your opponent wants to treat the object as blocking vehicles but allows other units to move through it.

You can try applying logic and practicality within the context of the rulebook then.
There's no rule saying terrain pieces are destroyed when going through terrain pieces, if you allow it. The question to ask is, can you sit on top of a aegis defense line piece with your rhino if it cannot completely move to a flat surface.

2. Correct me if I am wrong but are you talking about pivoting 90 degrees or 180 degrees? You can pivot 360 degrees but wouldn't that mean you just turned a full rotation?
Of course you can pivot 90/180 degrees when you outflank, but that would mean your back/side armour is exposed, that wouldn't be cheesy.

Thanks Jake, I asked Q1 becoz last Sunday when I play at forge, I faced this situation when I try to tank shock some (accrused) golden nipple boys (Hakim, mate, no offense =p)... not sure what to do that time, Alvin just move it through as if the Aegis is not there, I have doubt, so I ask...

re Q2, yes, silly me! I'm talking 90 degree, so the door is facing my target and then i can disembark (gain another 2") to reach me target with my puny meltas...

dann.toh wrote:
1. you can navigate your vehicles over pieces of terrain and save yourself from being immobilised... or you can go the non-pansy approach and just run your vehicles over them, take a dangerous terrain test, and get in there with your foes!

2. when arriving from reserve, your vehicle can arrive any way they want, but the vehicle's final placement MUST be inside the 12 inch movement.
LordAK wrote:
For question 1: depends purely how you define the terrain piece before game. If the terrain was defined as Impassible for vehicle than you cannot go through it.

Question 2: The move is valid. But remember, however you pivot the thing, the centre must stay at the same place. I say this because, there's quite a few time where I saw people pivot 90 degrees at the end of their move, then push the vehicle to the 12 inch mark on the measuring tape --> wrong.

=___,= Awesome, i think this confirms that my Rhino can gostan jalan (in some sense.. it is, yes?) and unleash the melta boyz inside dy, so total will be around 12" (rhino) + 2" (disembark) + 12"(melta)

doc wrote:

cookie_yip wrote:
doc wrote:
sounds like all DE players... LOL
Never play against any xenos for the moment, but I will note this down for the Dark Gods
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Doc, that is cheese, but I like to see how often one can pull it off without people glaring, hahah.

Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4919

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 am

Lagi teruk if the guy in the Raider was carrying a Webway Portal. Disembarks, pops the portal which is 3" and moves away.
Any unit which is coming in, there after are effectively 18" across the board, moves 6", fleet and assault 6"....a grand total of 30", plus minus upto 6" for fleet.

Terkentut, wei.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5232

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:12 am

AznJake wrote:
Doc, that is cheese, but I like to see how often one can pull it off without people glaring, hahah.

It's an open-topped AV10 skimmer. A bolt pistol can (and has) blown them clear off the skies. And it's more expensive than a Rhino. DE players are gonna exploit every opportunity they can get! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6136

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 am

yea man... i have lost my raider to a SINGLE bolt pistol shot from a sergeant bfr after glancing and dodging 16 rapid fire bolter shots and one melta... pretty epic, i love epic moments even if i was on the receiving side of it
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

Honor Points : 4552

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:36 am

limp83 wrote:

last Sunday when I play at forge, I faced this situation when I try to tank shock some (accrused) golden nipple boys (Hakim, mate, no offense =p)

Trololol What a Face
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 am

greenster92 wrote:
limp83 wrote:

last Sunday when I play at forge, I faced this situation when I try to tank shock some (accrused) golden nipple boys (Hakim, mate, no offense =p)

Trololol What a Face

Totally off topic : BRO! I just realize where can I squeeze out another 35 pts from my k3 list oledy... ur storm raven is empty, not loading anything right? I might be able to drop the dedi Rhino of Zerkers and let them tumpang ur Business Class flight man! so there will be deamonic possesion on vindy and full melta squad for chosen and maybe a melta bomb for raptor champ dy =D
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6428

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:23 am

AznJake wrote:
People can keep on glaring, coz that cheesy move is a valid one. I've done several 1st turn charge with that move. Lovely Twisted Evil . It is not a DE specialty. Orkses can too, and the red paint job makes their vehicle better at the trick.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Oh no, I'm not saying it's not a valid move at all.
By all means do it as much as you want, Wink.
Back to top Go down
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:07 pm

limp83 wrote:
greenster92 wrote:
limp83 wrote:

Trololol What a Face

Totally off topic : BRO! I just realize where can I squeeze out another 35 pts from my k3 list oledy... ur storm raven is empty, not loading anything right? I might be able to drop the dedi Rhino of Zerkers and let them tumpang ur Business Class flight man! so there will be deamonic possesion on vindy and full melta squad for chosen and maybe a melta bomb for raptor champ dy =D

oh yea! nop stormraven empty. sweet. will u be dropping by legio tmrw?
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 pm

greenster92 wrote:

oh yea! nop stormraven empty. sweet. will u be dropping by legio tmrw?

there's a farewell tomolo nite~_~
I'll see you on weekend?
Back to top Go down
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

aite. Sat can? coz Sunday i got sumthing on.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 pm

sat it is =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...   Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement... Empty

Back to top Go down

Noob Question bout Vehicle Movement...
Page 1 of 1