Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cadre of the Red Tide

Go down 
+5
sundalbolong
dif2find
LordAK
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Paxter
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Yup, my Daemons have got a boost with the addition of Be'lakor. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6175

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:55 pm

yeah I would imagine, good to have him back with his own rules, since he deserve it!
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:30 pm

After a chat with Dann I am thinking of buying a third cadre fire blade.

The list stays almost the same except the addition of a new squad n fire blade. I know ppl will say it's too static gun line but from my exp I think I move a lot for a "static" player just that I move to get a better vantage point hehehe..

HQ - tau empire
Cadre fire blade

Cadre fire blade

HQ - farsight enclave
Cadre fire blade

Elites - tau empire
Riptide - ion cannon, Twin-link SMS, sky fire, interceptor

Riptide - ion cannon, Twin-link SMS, sky fire, interceptor

Troops - tau empire
Firewarriors x12

Firewarriors x12

Firewarriors x12

Troops - farsight enclave
Crisis team x3 - x2 plasma rifles x4, fusion guns, bonding knifes

Crisis team x3 - x2 plasma rifles x4, fusion guns, bonding knifes

Fast attack - tau empire
Pathfinders x8

Tetra - sensor spines (ignore diff terrain)

Heavy support - tau empire
Hammerhead gunship - rail gun with sub-munitions, twin-link SMS, x2 seekers, sensor spines (ignore diff terrain), disruption pod (+1 cover save) + long strike

Skyray support gunship - x6 seekers, twin-link SMS, sensor spines (ignore diff terrain), disruption pod (+1 cover save)

Skyray support gunship - x6 seekers, twin-link SMS, sensor spines (ignore diff terrain), disruption pod (+1 cover save)

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:18 am

Wah.. So many anti air. Must try against it. You on holiday next wed?
Wanna rumble in the afternoon? Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:18 pm

The cadre suffered a crushing defeat in the hands of the blood god chosen, but without sending almost his entire force back to the warp. It was a tough game for me I knew I would be rushed so I castle up at a corner to maximized my units supporting each other. Luck wise was not in favor of me at all. I rolled below average and some critical rolls like his belakor casting that spook spell on my LD 10 firewarriors (using my ethereal) n they roll 12... Not just dat some critical shooting also failed me but overall I must say lord AK was an awesome khorne player. He was pretty shaken up when he realized my firewarriors has 4 shots per turn at rapid fire range (ethereal + fireblade) 48 S5 shots x2 squads n another the ethereal squad had only 36 rain death from point blank range. The hounds were blown to bits from the insane number of shots..

Belakor was easily the MVP, he was just plain annoying, he spooked my full fw squad to run off the board with my warlord mind u... then puppet master my riptide (ouch!) then smartly use my skyray which I kept his seekers in reserve to target the helldrake, he puppet master that too n fired them at my own troops (double ouch!) n also smite the first skyray n killed two riptides in combat...

Also tonight it proved that even with one wound never charge a daemon prince, it prob cost me the game as I took a fools chance n tag team both riptides vs belakor in turn 4 forgetting I have been rolling like shit the last few turns... Needless to say both riptides died from getting over ran. N of all the things left on the table belakor died to three pathfinders lol..

Overall I am very much settled with this list now. N rotate between this one (that has no FW) n my commander list (got FW stuff)

(Main) Tau empire

HQ
Ethereal + homing beacon
Fireblade

Elites
Riptide + ion + SMS + interceptor + skyfire
Riptide + ion + SMS + interceptor + skyfire

Troops
Firewarriors x12
Firewarriors x12
Firewarriors x12

Fast Attack
Pathfinders x6
Pathfinders x6

Heavy support
Skyray + 6 seekers + SMS + sensor spines + disruption pod
Skyray + 6 seekers + SMS + sensor spines + disruption pod
Broadsides + high yield missile pods + SMS + interceptor

(Allies) Farsight enclave

HQ
Cadre fireblade

Troops
Crisis team x3 + fusion guns x4 + plasma rifle x2
Crisis team x3 + fusion guns x4 + plasma rifle x2

By end of turn 5
I only had one skyray left

LordAK lost
X 20 blood letters
X 2 daemon princes
X 1 belakor
blood thirster
X 15 flesh hounds (which got 3+ inv!!!) but got wiped by 132 pulse rifle shots, 16 SMS, 12 missiles, 7 marker lights in one turn n have to say the rolls were crap for me considering they were all fired at BS 5! n he saved a huge portion of the dices.

Ty again lord AK for the awesome battle will see u all next yr!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:22 am

All that shots.. a Daemon is as good as dead the moment it step foot on the ground. Betul2 scary!

Yup.. It was one really fun game. We both had equal chance to win, I was lucky to cone out as the winner.

I'm preparing a batrep of it at my Skullthrone.

Thanks for the game Paxter.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5370

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:47 am

Sounds like an epic battle!
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:45 pm

It was pretty epic basically we were wiping each other at point blank range. The daemons would wipe one unit to get wiped in my turn then he wipes another I I wipe another lol.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Yeah.. That sums up everything Laughing
Brutal!
Back to top Go down
sundalbolong
Recruit
Recruit
sundalbolong

Honor Points : 4501

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:04 am

Wow
Back to top Go down
http://xtype74.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Had my first game for 2014!

Against rizals White scars.

command squad on bike with a chapter master
His list had x3 squads of bikers 6 men each with a melta attack bike attached
x2 land raiders one was a crusader the other was the normal one with 5 terminators in each landraider
x1 5 men scout unit.

He rolled for deployment and it was an objective game and we started on the short table edge (YEA!)

I went first :PThe table we played on was the snow one at the back

(Turn1)(TAU)
nothing much to do here, except shooting my riptides at the land raider I opt not to overcharge the big gun since I knew the chances of it doing anything is minimal so I fired my S8 Blast ap2 and scored one glance, The firewarriors open up on the scout unit which had around 8 markerlights on it easily wiping the 5 men unit off the board with 24 pulse shots at 30" BS5 ignore cover

(Turn1)(White Scars)
He move up his two land raiders the vanilla land raider with lascannons was on the left side of the table facing a squad of firewarriors, pathfinders and one of the riptides. His lascannons open fired on the riptide wounding it, and the heavy bolter open up on the firewarriors killing two.

The other crusader moved up and opened on my second firewarrior squad killing two as well.

(Turn2)(Tau)
I rolled my reserves one of my crisis teams arrived and landed beside the crusader. The firewarriors with the ethereal moved up to support the second firewarrior squad infront of them. To give them the ethereals +1 pulse at rapid fire range ability. Giving the squad second firewarrior squad 40 shots at rapid fire (2 rapid fire + 1 from fireblade + 1 from ethereal)

The Crisis team blew apart the land raider with its 4 fusion shots I gave them markerlight support to boost their BS to 5. The terminators inside failed one save from the blast and the rest was lighted up by the two skyrays and then dispatched by 52 (40 pulse shots from squad 2 and 12 from the ethereal unit) at BS 5 and 4 for the ethereal unit.

The riptides again tried to pot shot the remaining land raider but obviously did nothing. In the assault phase I jump the crisis team to within 6" of the first firewarrior team, knowing that the landraider is going to unload its deadly cargo next turn, and there was no where to hide from the landraiders lascannons so I figured wth and just jump them there to get lucky.

(Turn2)(White Scars)
All his reserves entered the game, all the bikes turbo boosted up to the middle of the table allowing it to charge the following turn.

The remaining land raider moved up and unloaded its deadly cargo. the landraider open fire at the pathfinders and also on the crisis team. I lost two pathfinders from the Heavy bolter, and two crisis suits from the lascannons and melta. The terminators open fired on the pathfinders wiping them out then charged the firewarriors. The supporting fire from the riptide, crisis suit and firewarriors downed two of them, the remainder charge the firewarriors killing 6 and cause my unit to run. I manage to run 10" with them pursuing me closely behind.

(Turn3)(Tau)
My lone crisis guy pass his LD and ran towards the centre of the table where the bulk of my forces were at. The riptide also moved up to ensure the tau could concentrate fire this turn. As it had to focus fire on all the bikes this turn and the next. My last reserves came in and drop beside the lone land raider.

The shooting turn started off badly for me. The crisis team even with marker light support failed to destroy the land raider It only manage one pen and the land raider was immobilized. Next was my riptide whom overcharge its secondary sms weapon and targeted the bike unit wiping 3 bikes from the big ap2 blast and also SMS, the broadsides were next they open fire on the bike unit wiping the unit off.

The Firewarrior team2 open fired at the bike unit in the middle of the table they manage to down two  before the skyray salvo fired its missiles wiping 4 bikes leaving only the assault bike from that squad. the Third bike squad I open with my remaining riptide which was given markerlight support but his blast went wide and the sms failed to connect with the bikes (boo). In the assault phase I jump my recently arrived crisis team infront of that bike squad hoping he will charge them slowing that squad down as I reposition my army.

my first firewarrior unit rallied and pot shot the pursuing terminators doing no damage.

(Turn3)(White Scars)
By then there was only one bike squad, the chapter master squad, two terminators and a immobilized land raider, and one attack bike on the table. The terminators moved up to charge the first firewarriors again. The remaining bike unit open up on the crisis team but I rolled my saved keeping them unscratched. The Land raider open up at the riptide and cause two more wounds leaving two wound left on the riptide.

The Chapter master squad moved up and open fire on the broadsides killing one and wounding the other, and activated his orbital bombardment he targeted it on the huge bulk of firewarriors and my riptide n clipping my broadsides. But it went off course and killed 3 firewarriors from the ethereal unit and wounding the riptide.

The attack bike moves up and tries to pot shot my skyray but I manage to roll my cover save Very Happy

The terminators killed off the remaining firewarriors and moved towards my two skyrays park at the back. The bikers charge the crisis team easily dispatching them.

(Turn4)(Tau)
Now that I was short of anti tank weapons I decided to do or die my single wound riptide and moved up to prepare and support the tau main lines in the event the bike unit does survive and charge the front lines. The rest of the force was going to focus on the command bike unit and the remaining biker unit that just wiped my forward crisis team. I overcharge my riptides but the one with the two wounds failed its over charge... In the shooting phase the broadsides, two firewarrior teams dispatched the command unit leaving the chapter master alone.

the riptides and also both skyrays focus fire on the remaining bike unit, the riptide manage to down two, and the skyrays finished them off with a salvo of seekers from the second skyray and a combination of SMS and markerlights.

My lone crisis team member from the first squad moved up and rapidfire its plasma taking out the remaining attack bike, which looked like it was about to fire on my riptide.

By then he had only the chapter master left and the immobilized land raider.

(Turn4)(White scars)
The chapter master charges the firewarriors like some crazed manic. (by now he conceded the game but just wanted to see if the chapter master would survive this) the supporting fire from two remaining firewarrior teams + broadsides + Riptide amounted to 70+ pulse shots, 8 SMS, 8 Missiles, 3 ion shots from the riptide and 8 more sms from the overcharged riptide. He had to make 15 saves, 6 came from the SMS volley and missiles, and 9 from the pulse shots, and one inv from the ion shot. He failed his ion shot, and failed 3 armour saves from the 15 he had to make ending the white scars gallant charge.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:04 pm

I kinda realize something in that game which has been there from the beginning I am lacking High strength anti tank weapons. Which got me thinking if I should dump some stuff mainly the broadsides for a rail hammerhead with longstrike at the helm and two seekers, allowing him to fire S10 and x2 S8 single shot missiles at BS5 Tankhunter...

or dump one riptide for another anti tank crisis team
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:23 am

Hammer head is single shot S10 AP1 right? Great! But I think the broadsides are more scary since they can play both role of anti-armour/infantry.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:27 am

maybe dump one riptide for a second crisis team with the same setup x4 fusions x2 plasma rifles,
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:29 am

I would give it two seekers as well cause at least if I needed a bit more extra punch vs non AV14 vehicles i can fire 1 S10 and 2 S8 at BS5 and tank hunter skill on
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:29 am

2 units of Crisis is enough for the list I think. You just have to play them more aggressively when needed such as in this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cadre of the Red Tide
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4