Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty

Go down 
+3
AznJake
CikguDin
LordAK
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:36 am

I haven't play my Necrons since the Sun Pirates began their raid some 2 months back. Having read the FAQ again last night, I decided to try out new list.

Nemessor Zahndrekh
- Necron Lord with Warscythe, SempWeave, MindScarabs
- Harbinger of Despair with VOD
- 5 Lychguards with Dispersion Shields

Overlord with Warscythe, SempWeave, MindScarabs, ResOrb
- Necron Lord with Warscythe, SempWeave, MindScarabs
- Harbinger of Despair with VOD
- 10 Immortals with Gauss Blasters

Vargard Obyron
- Harbinger of Despair
- Harbinger of Despair
- 5 Deathmarks

5 Immortals with Tesla Carbine
- Harbinger of Destruction with Solar Pulse
- Harbinger of Destruction

5 Immortals with Tesla Carbine
- Harbinger of Destruction with Solar Pulse
- Harbinger of Destruction

3 Scarabs
3 Scarabs

Note:
The true killer unit in this list is the Deathmarks. The Hunter from Hyperspace rules means that they always wound their TARGET on 2+, and according to the FAQ, this bonus confers to any Royal Court member attached to them. So practically, there'll be 5 Rapid Firing Sniper Rifles and 2 x AP1 template weapon, all wounding on 2+ Twisted Evil My usual strategy, using Zahndrekh as Teleport Homer will ensure they have the best spot to fire the Abyssal Staff. And it all comes at 150 points (without Obyron). For a unit that wound on 2+, ignore armour, cover and FnP, I think it is a good buy Smile

This will be the 1st time I play without Wraiths and Destroyer Lord. So it'll be quite a new experience for me.

I am currently painting the Deathmarks. If luck permit, will playtest the list against one of my armies tonight. Need to learn well how to play them before I can bring this list to face the real world.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5026

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 am

Wat's da efek of da cheezi staff to vehikels?
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4914

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 am

But you can only target one unit in one game right? After destroying that particular unit, the template weapon goes back to wounding on 4s or higher, no?
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5367

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:23 am

yup. only one target.. but its still awesome the fact you can would the unit on 2+ nobz biker, blood crusher, thunderwolves, Plg marine, ... hhmmm 2+ wound.. nice.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4914

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:35 am

I would say, sucks for anyone who depends on a deathstar unit but not much everything else.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 pm

yup.. only one unit per game. But there's extra. If I choose an IC, any unit he/she joins will also be wounded on 2+.

Example : I target Lysander --> kill his entire unit --> next turn he joins another squad --> this new squad will also be wounded on 2+ Twisted Evil

@Din : no effect on vehicles. In fact has no effect on models without Ld value.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Like I mentioned in the Chosen thread, I'm gong to bring my Necrons this time around. However, I cant find myself a 1.5 list that I'm happy with. Then on the 16th, I just came up with a list for the sake of early registration and getting the nice looking t-shirt Smile

Aniway, here is the list I'm bringing to the Chosen:

Zahndrekh,
- 10 Immortals | Gauss Blaster
- Harbinger of Despair with Veil of Darkness

Vargard Obyron
- 18 Warriors
- Necron Lord with Warscythe, Sempiternal Weave, ResOrb, Mindshackle Scarabs

Destroyer Lord | Sempiternal Weave, Mindshackle Scarabs
- 6 Wraiths | 4 Whip Coils

Doom Scythe

Total : 1499

Those who had fought my Necrons would be familiar with the list. It is not far from my usual Necron list but this time I include something new --> the Doom Scythe.

I haven't got the model yet, but according to Alvin, the stock would be in by this coming week. Should be enough time for me to complete the assembly and painting before the day of the Chosen.

As you can see, the list is very straight forward and easy to counter. So dont bully me okay hahaha..

(edit on 21 Nov 12 - add Warscythe to the Necron Lord in The Vargard unit)

Last edited by LordAK on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5271

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 am

Not gonna like facing this list hahaha
I hope I don't meet ya... Got 14 other MEQs I wanna fight!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6175

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:19 am

I hope I dont meet you too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 am

don't want to meet this list too.

a few teslas, flyer, mindshackles, etc. all set to win. lol
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 am

have to hunt for your immortals unit first. engage them in combat, have your obyron forced to teleport there to assist. then only focus on your warriors. theoretically that's the best strategy against your list but of course in reality is a different matter. Razz
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 am

Huh?! Why so? I thought the list is very lacking in many area.. Not to mention very small unit count. You guys want to psycho me right Smile

The way I see it:
i. Dann shouldn't be worry coz his army was all 2+ and his CC can easily beat me (even if his IC got killed in challenge). And there's no way I can take down 2 Storm Ravens easily even with so many Gauss weapons.
ii. DE are brutal, gila brutal with crazy firepower, but also very fragile. So I think my game against Pax would be a very close one. But I dont know his list so cannot predict much.
iii. Joe's Daemons got 9 BoC + The Masque. And they love nothing more than enemy that came at them in a perfect circle or teardrop. I have my plan (it is more a gamble actually), but having only 3 gaming experience (twice in 4th, only once in 5th) against Daemons puts me at the disadvantage.

You guys must be joking..

I forgot something in the list - The Necron Lord with Vargard Obyron got Warscythe. I'll make the edit.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:27 am

My list is a venom list.. u will shoot them out of the sky bro...

Lady malys + 4 man incubi in venom
x4 wyches 5 men with haywire in venom
x2 Trueborn 6 men in raider
x2 ravagers
x1 Razorwing

not that op...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Ooh.. the amount of armour saves I have to take against that makes me shivers. And like Joe, my armour saves roll of 1 and 2 is close to legendary (at least among GC frequents) Laughing I want the 1st turn!

I am going to shoot you down bro, that is for sure. But at a slow pace since I have very small unit count. And that slow pace will cost me badly if you know how to deal with it. Now that list makes me wish I put the Stormlord in my list.

Quote :
not that op...
hahaha.. but OP still Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:42 pm

My worry is against marines... thing is I got no one turn kill unit... especially at range... each venom at the most is 2 kills on average meaning 5 venoms only can take out 10 a turn... which isnt much... especially if someone fields a troop heavy marine list.

As the turns pass by my firepower will go down quite fast. Like against lan, one bad turn I had to concede the game.

But then again I think it will be fun to shoot 102 poison darts in one turn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:05 pm

That is basically 30+ armour saves I had to make per turn. easily enough to wipeout one of my units per turn. Scary!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 pm

dude... have u seen my leet rolls... its has legendary epic luck... 12 lances all 1,2...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Hahaha.. Same thing happen in my game versus Alvin's BA. 12+ Dark Lance shooting his LR --> Nothing happen! Then on the 2nd turn, same thing happened untill the last Blaster shot finally got through the armour and blew it! 20++ Lance shots..

So when I saw your list.. 8 Lance.. not enough!!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:59 pm

yea,

from my experience the wyches are way better at anti tank since its pretty much i touch u you die mr vechicle Very Happy of course getting there will be interesting... but figured that is pretty much the same problem with dark lances my old list had 5 raiders 2 ravagers 1 razorwing but even with those lances. They take out at most 1.5 vehicles per turn.... IF they dont miss... sakit hati wei rasa macam nak send my kabalite to the haemi.

Last edited by Paxter on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Me dun like Mindshackle! Very Happy But I have to assault... Oh the irony!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:40 pm

i fear the crons more than the marines tho.. so many funky things in ther dex
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:27 am

@Dann : even if you hit yourself, your weapons are AP3 while your armour are mostly 2+. The MSS wont kill you (unless he is Dante, or the Priests), but the Warscythe...

@Pax : Funny, I'm more afraid of your DE than the marines too hahaha..

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:39 am

question on the glaives, from the FAQ, they seems to have 2 profiles. 1 as AP3 and AP2 right?

if that's the case, when get mindshackled, the necron player gets to choose which weapon to use i think.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5026

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:59 am

Haiyoo...no offense to the other generals, but I think that the Daemons & Crons are the top contenders this time round Evil or Very Mad ..

Tak apa la..i'm in it this time just for the cool t-shirt, especially since I had misplaced & lost mine in last year's MaGaCon sob sob..
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:08 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
question on the glaives, from the FAQ, they seems to have 2 profiles. 1 as AP3 and AP2 right?

if that's the case, when get mindshackled, the necron player gets to choose which weapon to use i think.

Non, Joe. They are referring to the fact that when you buy the models, there are swords and axes. In which case it depends on which models get what weapons. The closest mine are are swords.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty Empty

Back to top Go down

The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next