Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty

Go down 
+3
AznJake
CikguDin
LordAK
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6188

The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:21 am

ah.. too bad. suck to be you then. haha
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:41 am

Yup.. that is what the FAQ means. I know Nik Kamal is happy with that FAQ.

Necrons are top contender in 6th, but depends on the list. My list may be good enough, but I dont thing it is anywhere near the top tier. Otherwise same kind of build would've been a netlist already.

From the list of contenders that I know, I think:
i. Lan's TS would laugh at my list. Not to mention he has Master of Deception traits.
ii. Christ's IG would be a terrible matchup for me with all the big guns and heavy tanks. Hopefully he focusses on Vendettas instead of Leman Russes.
iii. Alvin's BA is a strong contender, simply because that was one of the only 2 armies that ever defeated my Necrons back in 5th. But then again, which army will he bring to Chosen?
iv. Pax's DE is target saturation at its worst. Who gets the 1st turn win.
v. Joe's Daemons would be very difficult. Too many FMC and BoC and not to mention.. null deployment!!
vi. Dann's Longinus Initiative would be an even match.

I wonder what the rest of the players' list would look like.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:46 am

By the way, you can't get your RP against JAAWS right?
It was discussed over the net, "removed from play" and "remove from play as casualties" are two different things.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 am

Last time I check, yes we can.

Quoted from the most recent SW FAQ, it isn't about JoTWW, but the closest FAQ we can find on Remove From Play :

Q: Are models with an ability to return to play (e.g. Necrons, St.
[quote]Celestine, etc) able to use their special rule even after being removed
from play
by The Last Laugh? (p52)
A: Yes they can. It sounds odd but their special rule works just
fine
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 am

I checked the rule for The Last Laugh. It says "Removed from Play as Casualties". That's why everyone on the net says they can't.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:12 am

Some findings from other ppl on the net.

Quote :
So does "Removed from play" = "Removed as casualty"? I would say not. page 26 of the 40k rule book gives the definition "Once the model has lost all of its Wounds, it is removed as a casualty". As "Removed form play" has no effect on wounds (they cannot be saved for example) I would say that it does not have the same definition and is therefore a distinct event.

So JOTWW says, 'remove from play'.
RP says 'if the model... is removed as a casualty'.

Is this just a case of semantics by different codex authors then?

All the Necron 'insta-kill' weapons state that the victims are 'removed as a casualty', so that one is clear enough.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 am

Why bother with that. The FAQ specifically mentioned "Remove From Play" wat.
And everyone know that whatever was removed by JoWW are casualties. What would you categorize them as, if not casualties? Reserves?

IMO, the net can say anything. Even I can say anything.
But we all follow what is available to us.
That FAQ was the only answer close enough to the question so we follow that.

Other that that is just assumptions and cannot be used.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 am

I think the Internets is just nit-picking with the 'as casualties' part.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 am

i guess so... but sometimes is good to consider how the rest of the globe is running it.

sorry for hijacking this thread. Razz
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 am

I believe majority of the globe use the FAQ as reference. Some people just want to lawyer it into something else instead . I'm not refering to you bro, but the stupid guy who begin that discussion on the net in the 1st place.

Aniway, I wonder if my Destroyer Lord and Wraiths (jump infantries) still immune to JoWW.. hmm
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 am

Okay.. the 1st playtest was over. It was against the Sun Pirates, and the Necrons goes 1st.

How the game goes:

i. Necrons begins with Deepstriking Immortals, followe by Warriors right in front of the enemy line. Immortals wrecked the Archon's Raider, but everyone survives the explosion thanks to 3+ armour. Warriors targetted the DC Ravager, causing 3 glances but it saves all from 5+ friendly cover.

ii. In retaliation, DE fired everything on the large warrior unit, killing all but Obyron, Necron Lord and a single warrior (Thank God!!). 9 Warriors came back with RP. The Archon and his unit assaulted Zahndrekh unit (pulling Obyron to that combat). I sent the Harbinger of Despair to challenge him. DE won the combat by 5-2 but the Immortals stay. Obyron flees 8 inches though!

iii. Doom Scythe failed to come. Obyron rallied and consolidate into a ruin (4+ cover). The Necrons pushes forward. Warriors rapid fire and wrecked the DC Ravager. Destroyer Lord + the Wraiths joins the Immortal fighting Archon and the Incubis. Archon (in challenge with the Destroyer Lord) PASSES the mindshackle scarabs and slay the Destroyer Lord with a single stroke of his Huskblade. But the rest of his Incubi retinues were butchered by the Wraiths. Archon break from the combat and flee 7 inches. The Destroyer Lord came back.

iv. Void Raven failed to come. Archon rallied. De circled around the Necrons and fires. Killing everything from the Warrior unit, Obyron and 5 Immortals. Obyron and Necron Lord came back from the dead.

v. Doom Scythe came in and shoot Deathray some 17 inches, instantly destroying a Venom and a Raider (only one passenger dead but they were pinned), and immobilising another Raider. The Immortals destroyed one Raider (killing everyone in it). Obyron destroyed the Immobilised raider (passengers pinned) while the Necron Lord destroyed a DL Ravager. The Wraithwing destroyed another Raider.

vi. With total carnage in the DE line, their only hope was for the Voidraven to come, drop the bomb on the Immortals, and take down the Doom Scythe. But it didn't came. I can already see the outcome, so I ended the game straightaway.

I'll do 2nd playtest against DE. Then jump to the next army. I wanna try daemons, but dont have the codex. Can anyone borrow me this weekend?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 am

can see the necrons are more superior than your DE army. your DE already damn ganas terrorizing everyone and yet can still lose to the Necrons.

should pitch your necrons vs Cikgu Din's necrons/grey knight or another necron army for mirror match play testing since there are quite a number of necron players that day.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 am

I'm not actually satisfied with the win. I see it all was pure luck. That's why I'm going to do 2nd playtest.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

Necron v/s necron? Boring. I have codex daemons, but not the WD version.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Takut lah tu hahaha..

Quote :
I have codex daemons, but not the WD version.
Cun.. pass to me when you drop by for the Cryptek Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:00 am

My Undying Legion performed very well in The Chosen. Considering that it was a 10 minutes list, and the fact that this was their 1st time public appearance in 6th Ed, the outcome was way beyond my expectation.

I did a short report here for all to read.

I'll be putting my Necrons to stasis sleep for a while and concentrate on the World Eaters from now on. Though if anybody wanna try going against the Necrons, just hello and I'll wake them up from their slumber.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 am

I'm currently doing the 2nd Doom Scythe. Once done, I'll be able to proceed with weathering both Doom Sycthe at once.

My actual plan when buying the models is to try include 1 Doom Scythe and 1 Night Scythe. But now too lazy to come up with a new Necron list. So I'll just make use of the tourney list as the base, and expand it to 1750pts, meaning that I wont be needing any Night Scythe.

The Undying Legion of Isya's Dynasty (1750)
Nemessor Zahndrekh
- 10 Immortals - Gauss Blasters
- Harbinger of Despair - Veil of Doom

Vargard Obyron
- 20 Necron Warriors
- Necron Lord - ResOrb

Destroyer Lord - MSS, SWeave
- 6 Wraiths - 4 Whip Coils

Annihilation Barge
Doom Scythe
Doom Scythe
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 am

Had an Annihilation game vs Sukai's Ultramarines yesterday.

I was confident for the win and so play fun, taking risk here and there and don't care so much for the consequences. In the end, it turns out into a bloody fight on both side!! My Necrons almost got wipedout even hahaha..

By Turn 6, There's only 5 models left on table - Zahndrekh, Doomscythe, Captain, Apothecary and Storm Raven.

Result:
Necrons VP - Scouts (1st Blood), 2 x 2 Tornado Squadrons, 2 Tactical Combat Squads, 5 Terminators, Storm Talon, Drop Pod, Thunderfire Cannon, Havoc Squad - 11 VPs
Ultramarines VP - Destroyer Lord (Slay The Warlord), Obyron, Immortals, Warriors, Wraith, Annihilation Barge, DoomScythe, Linebreaker - 9 VPs

The Apothecary was the MVP of the match, denying me 2 VP with FnP (I killed him twice and the Captain failed 4 wounds). After 3 rounds of combat the 2 of them beat Zahndrekh and 10 Immortals (I rolled 11 for Ld) and grab the Linebreaker points.

I truly enjoy the game. Looking forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty   The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Undying Legion of Isha's Dynasty
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2